User Tag List

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1514Likes

Thread: December 2019 Frugal Chatter-finding the light among the hustle

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@giseldta do you use Rakuten (formerly Ebates). I find cyber Monday ok but the cash back is higher. I also have a referral code if anyone is interested.
    Soup is done and a batch of chocolate chip cookies spooned, but they never last long. I may start my Christmas baking. The one thing everyone loves and always wants freezes well is Hello Dolly’s. If I don’t freeze them I nibble at them. The younger son is putting up the tree today.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We just got out of bed after 2pm today! We had a late night but today we planned to do nothing at all so we are enjoying it. My wonderful guy is making breakfast now. Well I guess it's a later brunch!
    We had the freezing rain this morning and now it's snowing. Was hoping to go for a walk later but probably not a smart idea.

Stay safe everyone!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @giseldta do you use Rakuten (formerly Ebates). I find cyber Monday ok but the cash back is higher. I also have a referral code if anyone is interested.
    Soup is done and a batch of chocolate chip cookies spooned, but they never last long. I may start my Christmas baking. The one thing everyone loves and always wants freezes well is Hello Dolly’s. If I don’t freeze them I nibble at them. The younger son is putting up the tree today.
    i do them . i used to shop via swagbucks.. but they are anoying for shop . so i do the one you mentioned. love it . so easy. i get a amazon gc from them as everything i do gets amazon. lol
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@lilo0003 I didn’t know what Hello Dolly’s is it a cookie TIA want to make some different dessert for the Holidays
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    @lilo0003 I didn’t know what Hello Dolly’s is it a cookie TIA want to make some different dessert for the Holidays
    its also called a magic cookie bar square and its so easy. You can find it on the Eagle Brand milk site. In our house we call it Christmas crack, and I already have my team at work asking what day its coming as I always bring a batch to work as well. Its made in an 9x13 pan and everything is layered. Once its cooled you cut it into square so that's why its so easy. here is the link. Walnuts work just as well as pecans and save some money.
    https://www.eaglebrand.ca/En/Recipes/Magic-Cookie-Bars
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My mom makes those bars too. But we call them Quick easy bars
    Ciel and cath007 like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Mom called into work to say she was not going in, normally I get mad when she does this but this time I was happy, I really did not want her out driving in this.

I did not get anymore work done on the bathroom. Instead I did some cooking. I put a Roast in the oven for Dinner, made a French Onion Soup, homemade Potato buns, as well as a batch of brownies & cookies bars with chocolate and salted caramel chips.

All of the laundry is folded and upstairs, just needs to be put away, I will put mine away when I go to bed. As well I started to tidy up in the living room.

I was kind of hoping Mom would see what I was doing and would join in but I get the feeling that will not happen by some comments made today. Like she emptied a box and asked me if I needed it for "my project" and also she has asked when I will gt to tackling a few different areas of the house.

In my spare time I have been crocheting, I am making baskets, I have no use for them so hopefully I can sell them. I am really trying to keep up with my crocheting as it is my me thing, something I do for me. Also if i am crocheting I am not working.

Hope everyone stayed safe in the storm and everyone has a wonderful night.
    barbis9, Ciel, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

my absoulte fav money person is gail vaz oxlade . if you are on twitter . go to her twitter page. she is starting something in January. i think its one of her classes..
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

My daughter/her family showed up at 3.00 p.m today they had a flat to take care of at canadian tire before heading home to toronot ,well 2 hours later they had to patch the tire.

My dear daughter told me about the cyber sale from the vintage hotels in niagara on the lake only til dec 5 (remember I got a gift card for my 60th birthday and 40th anniversary from my kids in sept-due to health reasons I couldn't even think about a trip)so I booked tonight at a really great price for 2 nights feb 12-13 coming home on the 14 with 2 free breakfasts included and a rocky mountain chocolate basket as a add on for 29.00-We cant wait for feb so excited to be taking a mini staycation
    barbis9, Ciel, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone
    I hope everyone had a nice weekend. I planned on getting out more....sun was shining today so I was looking forward to a nice walk. I was up early yesterday and today and baked for two days straight. Just about done all my Christmas baking. The days just flew by...next thing ya know its supper time. Thank goodness I have been cooking and freezing extra meals. Every one can just pick one they like so works for me. Lol. I find this works great as no waste. I feel like I have made a good start to December. Will start decorating shortly. I saw some really nice decorations I liked that are 69.00 dollars each. I think I can make two of them for nearly free. Lol. That Scottish blood comes in handy sometimes. Lol. Have an amazing week everyone
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    its also called a magic cookie bar square and its so easy. You can find it on the Eagle Brand milk site. In our house we call it Christmas crack, and I already have my team at work asking what day its coming as I always bring a batch to work as well. Its made in an 9x13 pan and everything is layered. Once its cooled you cut it into square so that's why its so easy. here is the link. Walnuts work just as well as pecans and save some money.
    https://www.eaglebrand.ca/En/Recipes/Magic-Cookie-Bars
    Thank you @lilo0003 I will try it this weekend

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday!

I was expecting a messy day here weather wise but so far it is clear and expecting full sunshine this afternoon.

Yesterday was a wonderful day lazing around. Totally needed that. Besides the lonely neighbourhood kid that stayed longer then he should have (but he has a hard home life so we try to be nice but I really wasn't in the mood for him yesterday)

Tonight I am going to make a nice dinner. Thinking chicken souvlaki, rice, green beans and Greek salad. I just need to grab the salad but have everything else on hand.

Have a nice day everyone!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The power was out for 2.5hrs in the middle of the night. It flickered on and off many times this morning. The power has been off at our house for the last hour and counting. Grateful it’s mild outside, so the house is still an ok temp. Multiple communities are being affected by this power outage.

edit: The power just came back on! I plugged in my phone. I don’t know how long this will last, or if the issues had been resolved.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Dec 2nd, 2019 at 01:34 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    my absoulte fav money person is gail vaz oxlade . if you are on twitter . go to her twitter page. she is starting something in January. i think its one of her classes..
    @Giseledta she is my fav. too! I have read all her books (borrowed from library) and watched her shows on slice tv. I have to check her twitter page, thanks for posting.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

CHCH tv has to realize that our fair city is served by more than one electric utility company and thus some Hydro One customers were without power (5h+ for us but it was an excuse to light some candles and I liked the lightly scented gardenia one that only has 2h use limit). Only Alectra customers got some airtime on the evening news about power outages. Once I lit a stove burner (gas stove!), I cooked some rice with herbs, boiled water for my tea and a larger pot of water for Mom. Warm steam was ok for a change. Yes, sibling lectured me about leaving candles unattended but I made sure to extinguish each one after power seemed stable for several minutes after restoration (sibling had noted a fallen tree in some area away from our street) before I went out to shovel the slop.

So shortly after the power was restored in the afternoon, I went to shovel the wet snow and thwack any ice that would come off. I was scared to see how three windows' screens seemed to have bulged outwards of 1/2 inch from the bottom half due to freezing rain or snow. Thankfully this morning, most of that stuff had melted off. Oh yes there were branches to pile (and to pack into bags today) too.

Today's gray overcast morning gave me the blahs while doing the morning shovelling and ice removal.

Tonight, I got two cereal items at Fortinos that will be given to a food bank and used two coupons. Also got a few other things that I needed but kept it light in case the evening temperature drops 5C more.

On the weekend, I did my November other money tallies and my Saturday shops using coupons meant over $12 in coupon use for the month. Joy!

I suspect once all this ice and snow melts by Wed (rain), I'll spot lots of Monopoly stickers but tomorrow is the last day to enter codes or claim food prizes. Mother Nature is winning this round of "no treasure hunting weather."
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information