User Tag List

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1514Likes

Thread: December 2019 Frugal Chatter-finding the light among the hustle

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Giseledta -yes, I've noticed Gail teasing something on Twitter but she has posted that she wants support on Twitter to keep heading on her project!

I hope she offers a digital version of her jar method for those individuals who are seldom handling actual money in their transactions.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I'm trying to go through Cyber Monday and retailer e-mails quickly.

Just noticed that Lowe's has 50% off SMEG small appliances today. Had no idea that the retailer stocked them. Not many colour options but hey, 50% off might be worthwhile for someone reading the board!

Talize will have 50% off everything sale on Monday, December 9!
    Salvation Army begins its 6 days of Christmas today (no idea what today's special was)-oh, there's a list!
    http://www.thriftstore.ca/sales-0

Ok, time to scoot! Have a warm and relaxing evening, friends!

Ikea Canada offers free delivery if your Cyber Monday order is over $400 today.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -up at 5.00 a.m and doing laundry -lol

Yesterday i ordered 2 pairs of shoes from the bay rockport and another brand of wedge heels ,no longer am i wearing uncomfortable high heels (cant be bothered to be in pain ) so lets hope one of these pairs fit my feet -i have never ordered shoes online before but willing to try -this is a xmas gift to me

I just ordered a free frozen tag from multi-grain cherrios for my granddaughter (my daughter-in-law had it on her box of cereal yesterday and said she didn't have time to think let alone do this ,she is super busy ) so I wrote the code done and did it for her ,Ashlyn will love this .

Well my zipper end broke on my winter coat yesterday ,the zipper is fine just need something to pull coat up any ideas ? I was thinking of a hair elastic cutting it and using it
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@coupon girl same here up at 5am for no reason, but not as productive as you. Did find a malware premium deal from Black Friday - 2 copies for $48. I find it really does block a lot with streaming online.
    Going back to bed.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! I did an Amazon order last night since I needed a case for my new phone. Had an offer for 25 airmiles if I did it thru airmileshops.ca. I spent around $45 and got a case, 1KG bag of peanut M&M's, new hardcover Wimpy book for DS, 2 packages of screen protectors for DS and my phone and a LOL doll surprise thing for my niece (on for $9.99 reg $34.99) Happy with my little haul!

My house needs some attention but I doubt it will happen tonight. I also need to buy some groceries (fresh stuff) Some days there just isn't enough hours in the day.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    morning -up at 5.00 a.m and doing laundry -lol

Yesterday i ordered 2 pairs of shoes from the bay rockport and another brand of wedge heels ,no longer am i wearing uncomfortable high heels (cant be bothered to be in pain ) so lets hope one of these pairs fit my feet -i have never ordered shoes online before but willing to try -this is a xmas gift to me

I just ordered a free frozen tag from multi-grain cherrios for my granddaughter (my daughter-in-law had it on her box of cereal yesterday and said she didn't have time to think let alone do this ,she is super busy ) so I wrote the code done and did it for her ,Ashlyn will love this .

Well my zipper end broke on my winter coat yesterday ,the zipper is fine just need something to pull coat up any ideas ? I was thinking of a hair elastic cutting it and using it
    The hair elastic sounds like an ideal temporary solution-or a child's short plastic barrette if that gives you a solid lever to hold while zipping up your coat. Maybe you have some narrow reflective tape trim from something or narrow grosgrain ribbon you can thread through the zipper tab? Or a tab from a zippered binder case-not sure how you'd pry it open off the binder and attach to the zipper but great DIY day to investigate options you have at home.
    cath007 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

https://www.save.ca/coupons/nescafe-...one-free/14373

Thanks to our member @sesterce for posting this find @cath007 @lilo0003 @coupon girl @barbis9 @goodboy @Ciel @Giseledta @Angela23 @sassy Ashley hope I am not missing anyone @Frugalbigmama adding @Jon b56789 adding @greentires4me
    Last edited by flemeth; Tue, Dec 3rd, 2019 at 12:06 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

thank you @flemeth and @sesterce for posting!!!! I dont have a keuric for this coffe but «I ordered it and will manage a way to use it or put my coupon for trade, or donate it
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    https://www.save.ca/coupons/nescafe-...one-free/14373

Thanks to our member @sesterce for posting this find @cath007 @lilo0003 @coupon girl @barbis9 @goodboy @Ciel @Giseledta @Angela23 @sassy Ashley hope I am not missing anyone @Frugalbigmama adding @johnb56789
    Thanks!
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quite a queue at the post office this morning and the side counter was busy too--I had to look up a postal code for a thank you card.

Minimal ice to knock down today as Ms Sunshine seems in 80% brightness mode and I heard the ice on the hydro lines cracking. Plenty of trees still bowed down by ice so expect lots of the ice on the ground in three hours.

Delighted that collection crew got my two yard waste bags and did not fling the garbage can or green cart much. I saw the collection person do a toss of a neighbour's taller can and I imagine a crack or hole will result from the hard plastic hitting the icy ground.

Had some strange head pain that usually precedes snow or windy days yesterday (and I think the heavy shovel use on Monday tweaked some lateral nerve along shoulders as last night I was feeling the complaints) and it's starting up at the temples again. Speaking of head pain, the Dec. issue of Readers Digest had a mystery health condition explained for a main with severe head pain while standing-he only got relieve while lying down. After a referral to a doctor who specials in headaches and some exploration and use of US testing, it was discovered he was leaking cerebral spinal fluid via an abnormal vein. He got a surgery that while it did not immediately stop the pain, did lead to relief from most of the headaches.

It's December 3 and the new telephone directory has yet to be lobbed onto driveways or ditches. Have some Hamilton area SCers received their new 2019-2020 directories?

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Check your e-mails for one from Air Miles/HBC-bonus 40 AM wus $50 or more at Hudson Bay from Dec.2-10. You must have set your HBC Rewards account to auto-convert 40 HBC points to 1 Air Miles in order to use the bonus 40 AM coupon at store.

BTW, it's Senior's Day at the Bay today!

Thanks @flemeth for sharing the Coffee coupon offer! I got the e-mail but don't drink coffee.
    barbis9, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I am not teaching this morning, so I went to Sobeys before Dh headed to work this morning.
    Sobeys 10% off Tuesday.
    $53.20oop - paid with gc.
    $165.83 in coupons
    $23.26 for 10% discount
    $12.50 submitted to CO51
    redeemed 1 rain checkEarned 14AM, plus 75AM wub $200 in groceries.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Burning instant oatmeal flavour question of the day: where have you spotted Quaker's Gingerbread Spice flavour of instant oatmeal?

Answer: not in Ancaster (yet) and by that I mean I struck out at Fortinos, Sobeys and Longos. If you saw PRODUCT, please divulge store and city please!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Burning instant oatmeal flavour question of the day: where have you spotted Quaker's Gingerbread Spice flavour of instant oatmeal?

Answer: not in Ancaster (yet) and by that I mean I struck out at Fortinos, Sobeys and Longos. If you saw PRODUCT, please divulge store and city please!
    Haven't seen it at all but will keep an eye for it!
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Page 2 of the SC Blog-Shoppers Friends and Family sale (today) 20% off regular prices with coupon:
    https://smartcanucks.ca/shoppers-dru...on-december-3/

Would it work on a 6pk of pop? There's only regular Pepsi and Diet Coke or Coke Zero but I am craving that sugary caffeine rush this morning (terribly so). Maybe the 12 cans of Dr. Pepper is a better deal (crave that too).
    Last edited by Ciel; Tue, Dec 3rd, 2019 at 11:32 AM.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information