User Tag List

Page 1161 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 161 661 1061 1111 1151 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1171 1211 1261 1661 ... LastLast
Results 17,401 to 17,415 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Thank you @flemeth
    Well, just back from the dentist. Face is half frozen, had a couple of old fillings redone today. Yippee When he was done, he suggested that I get up and rinse. Bad idea. A frozen face and a mouthful of water don't work together. Good thing I was leaning over the sink. Nine hundred dollars to sit in the chair for an hour. I'm in the wrong line of work. Thank God for insurance.
    Hahaha...oops, no laughing at your re-fillings, @GoJays , but our Grandson has always wanted to be a dentist...but when he found out that dental surgeons make more money money, he now wants to be a dental surgeon! He's 11, going on ... way much older.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Dec 3rd, 2019 at 07:04 PM.
    Natalka, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello friends! I am cosying down at my friend's house after enjoying an evening together and the most Fabulous meal from a cookbook called Yum and Yummer. Dessert was a delicious and light chocolate pudding - dairy free and sugar free made from avocados, cocoa and maple syrup with fresh strawberries on top. YUMMY!

There is no salt on the sidewalks here and Tootie accomplished what she needed to do . She slept the night away on the couch while 2 out of 3 of us watched hockey. Leafs got trounced but not til the very end.

I got my BrotherR 's money in the bank, picked up my nephew 's "education fund" cheque and picked out a lovely vase + flower gift certificate for my sister-in-law's birthday which is the same day as mine. I delivered my Advent stuff to my nephews and BrotherB and got to see my nephew before he headed back to university after being stuck here by the storm.

No one knows whether schools will be open or closed tomorrow as the negotiations continue. Five o'clock in the morning will be when the board makes a decision. Elementary Teachers here are to report to their schools in case of a strike but the school will be officially closed to students as custodial and secretarial staff belong to the same union as the Secondary school teachers.
    That is absolutely nuts! I would be making other arrangements for my kids even if schools were open - just in case.

Got to sign off. @Lynn49 - hoping your back clears up- and @Natalka - wishing you could sleep and eat. Prayers for all of you who need them.

Sleep well! Good night!
    Natalka, walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Schools open here. Catholic HS not affected
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @GoJays
    Lynn49, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning.
    Sh!tty drive in today...absolutely no reason for my commute to take over twice as long as normal...absolutely none, yet here I am, late for work because idiot drivers feel the need to drive half the speed limit because the roads are damp...
    I need to remember to bring in a bottle of scotch to keep here at my desk...
    Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Ah, Single malt? I don't know from Scotch, but I do like it mixed with Drambuie - or I did, many years ago.

My Christmas treat is Khalua and cream with a Cadbury Flake bar crumbled on top.

Well, I had a very comfy night under these flannel sheets.

Yes, Catholic Teachers are in a different union and not all school boards have the support staff in the same union as the Secondary School teachers, but ours does, so my nephew is off school, but his parents, who teach elementary, have to be at school even though no students will be there.

My host was to work today as a supply teacher if the schools were open, but now she doesn't.

Last night I tried to work on the personalized Christmas balls for the cast of our church's Christmas play. Alas, even though it was unopened, the silver gel pen did not work. I guess waiting 7 or so years to be used, it had given up the ghost.

Well, an undefined day lays ahead. I intend to go to my home at about 4 to get things that I will need for the potluck and also for our overnight stay tonight. Then an evening with some of my oldest and dearest friends.

Have a great one, everyone!
    Natalka, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh dear... @danger_dan ..... you seem upset? ( sarcasm ) Actually I understand but motorists aren't weird, they are multi tasking. From what my DH tells me as he drives close to 2 hrs into work each day he witnesses many who drive slower on a damp road so they can focus more on their texting! Yup, he sees drivers every day STILL texting behind the wheel.

In other good morning news....Impeachment stuff all day on CNN and MSNBC so that is my cue to skedaddle over to get my locks trimmed and colourized! I'm thinking of going 1 shade blonder for Christmas....livin on the wild side again!

@avoncallingu that dessert DID sound so scrumptious, plus it's always nice to share a meal with a friend. Don't get me nitpicking about the maple syrup in it, because when you said sugar free I know you meant no white sugar was added right? Hrmph! I've been a little more grumpy just because of this cold ( which is actually almost gone, sort of ) but it allowed me to attend a pity party and swim into sugary comfort foods for a few days.

Wow! @flemeth you were early today! Did you walk Thor that early?
    We are having sort of drippy weather now, has made the last snowfall that was on the pathway heavy so I won't be shoveling it, my back will thank me later.
    @Lynn49 that is wonderful about your GS having lofty goals ( a dental surgeon! ) . There are times I feel concern that so many young kids spend precious time playing games on a computer, refreshing he has his priorities straight.
    @GoJays your kids dodged the teachers strike bullet! I heard the news late last night it's a one day strike for the other schools. This means the streets here will be CLEAR! ha ha I love it, no parents jamming up the road pulling over, stopping, often parking where they should not.
    I've had a nagging feeling ( all day yesterday ) and even now that I have missed an appt. or forgotten to " do something " .
    Hope it's nothing but my imagination at play.

Carry on troops! Just 21 days left till the guy in the red suit ( who obviously does NOT watch what kind of desserts he eats ) arrives!! Be Nice , not Naughty.
    Can ya tell I watched Will Ferrel in Elf ( again ) ? I still crack up at him in that movie.

Name:  buddy-the-elf-outdoor-stand-up~13808695.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  24.9 KB
    Last edited by walkonby; Wed, Dec 4th, 2019 at 09:07 AM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    Morning.
    Sh!tty drive in today...absolutely no reason for my commute to take over twice as long as normal...absolutely none, yet here I am, late for work because idiot drivers feel the need to drive half the speed limit because the roads are damp...
    I need to remember to bring in a bottle of scotch to keep here at my desk...

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Wacky Wednesday!

Gee, I miss coffee! I never drank much of it, maybe a cup, but now the taste and smell are very off-putting. I am having Mandarin orange tea instead.

Eating has improved this week - just eating something as long as it goes down. Supper was a taste of my husband's scrambled eggs with bacon - that was a no-go for me, but I did have some Cheerios, and a half banana later.

@Lynn49 - for sure it's been affecting my healing and strength, reasons why I am trying extra hard. If not good food, then even a bit of junk - had a segment of a chocolate orange along with some chips and dip yesterday aft. Was pleasantly surprised that both had taste, though plain chips alone tasted gross.

Hoping you all have a wonderful day!

Name:  a_key_to_success_for.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  58.6 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Wed, Dec 4th, 2019 at 09:34 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @GoJays your kids dodged the teachers strike bullet! I heard the news late last night it's a one day strike for the other schools. This means the streets here will be CLEAR! ha ha I love it, no parents jamming up the road pulling over, stopping, often parking where they should not.Can ya tell I watched Will Ferrel in Elf ( again ) ? I still crack up at him in that movie.
    The kids don't look at it as having dodged the bullet I swear, anything they can do to get out of school they will try. Good thing they go to a very strict school that calls if they are late or don't show up, or take the wrong hallway to their classroom......

Elf is one of our yearly must-watch movies, along with the original Grinch and Christmas Vacation. I'm convinced that there isn't anyone else that could have played that roll like he did

Last edited by GoJays; Wed, Dec 4th, 2019 at 09:31 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

@walkonby , oh, our GS does spend time on his chrome book! He watches guitar videos and teaches himself songs, plays games of course, and soon, when he gets his ukelele for Christmas (the only thing he asked for), I'm sure he'll be watching ukelele videos, lol! This year, at the school's Christmas concert, he and 3 friends in his class will play 3 Christmas songs on their guitars...one of them is Greensleeves which got me teary-eyed when he played it for me the other day.

@avoncallingu , are you sure you can't add more projects to your extensive "to-do" list? I'm sure you're missing something! Your best bet for a gold marker is a Sharpie with a thin tip. Ask me how I know!

Not much on my list today...I'm trying to rest my back, but boy oh boy, it still feels broken all across it! I hope it's better by Christmas! Still trying to determine what dessert I'll make for Christmas, but I'm leaning towards yule log...mocha chocolate. Not today, however...I'll try to wrap a few more gifts.

Enjoy your day, everyone!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Dec 4th, 2019 at 09:44 AM.

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone
    I ate waaaaay to much yesterday so really sluggish this morning. My own fault....I figured the Christmas baking can sit in the freezer and not bother me. Lol. I have to be careful though if I start everyone will join in. I ended up making home made Lasagna, Garlic Toast and a big salad for supper so everyone was stuffed. Thank goodness as I could only eat a little taste of Shortbread, Coconut slice, etc. from the downstairs freezer as I was putting in a load of Laundry. Might have to put the laundry on hold till Dec 24th. Lol. I hope everyone has an amazing day. Home today and lots to do so I'd better giddy up

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@avoncallingu , @GoJays , THAT is one movie I've never watched, never want to watch, never will watch! I very, very much dislike that actor, won't watch him in anything, but particularly won't watch his hysterical (not in the humorous sense of the word) performance in that movie.

Thank goodness there are a few other choices this time of year....

Thread Information