User Tag List

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree214Likes

Thread: Air Miles Shop the Block 2019: Nov 14-Dec 27

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @Silk very well articulated and absolutely how I feel. It’s not likely I will get more than one of the STB offers. The only reason I bought my gas at Shell was because I had a November offer that I need to achieve. My willingness to chase a deal is not there when the reward does not match the amount of work or time I need to invest.
    Thanks @lilo0003 I feel the same about chasing deals that don't have a real payoff. Time is money, gas isn't free, and the rewards just aren't there this year imo. Like you, I did offers (2) that made sense for me and were not out of line with my usual shopping.
    Have a great life!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    @Silk I absolutely agree with your STB promo post! Especially when one has no kids, pets, vehicle.
    When I read spend $100.00 at Staples I laughed. Unless I was buying 4 new printer cartridges maybe, but otherwise Staples is not a store I frequent.

As a family logically we would buy more than a single person, so the 3 best qualifying offers for us were the Shell gas, and the two Constructive adhesive offers from Lowes and Rona.
    Minimal $ spent for products used/needed.

Sobeys 5x the AM on $50.00 spend worked out well, combined with digital BAM offers on the same shop and a stock up on litter.

Upcoming offer at Rexall spend $40.00, get 20 BAM will pair up with refilling my supplements and Metro Fresh2Go spend $25.00, get 50BAM comes in handy for our extended family get together ( we're bringing the pizza! )

Gift cards may be in the wheelhouse for the BOM opt-in offer but I'm still pondering whether that is worth my while.

All in all, this promo has been the least attractive. I hope they come up with a better one next time or they will lose participants.
    @walkonby - It's great if it works out for you if the payout after all expenses is legit

One year I did the Staples offer - I bought a digital voice recorder to replace my old one that had broken - the timing worked out. As it turns out, I could actually manage the $100 spend for this promo - more actually as they have the cell phone I'm planning to buy. But I don't want to give my local store the business after a couple of recent incidents of poor customer service from one of the managers. Don't have time to go to another store and not all that motivated tbh. Considered doing an online order but not even sure if/how the STB coupon could be applied.

The IGA here is having a promo on GCs - 25AMs wub $100 in GCs. It's tempting but like you, I'm not sure it's worth my while.

I definitely agree - this is the worse promo they've had. Don't know if they got greedy or just didn't do the math.
    Last edited by Silk; Sat, Nov 30th, 2019 at 07:16 AM.
    walkonby likes this.
    Have a great life!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KittyKatz View Post
    Why don't you post this on their face book page or twitter page....I have kids and a vehicle and still find it hard to use 5 or 7 partners without spending money out of my ordinary...
    I'm not on twitter and don't do a lot of FBing but I'll think about it - maybe have someone post it for me. But as I said elsewhere, it's the partners coming up with the offers, not AirMiles.
    Have a great life!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    i wish every offer for shop the block stated .. bonus points for shop the block .
    @Giseledta - I'm with you. I spoke with AMs about this and they said each partner decides how they want to handle it.
    Giseledta and walkonby like this.
    Have a great life!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Bit of a bummer today, discovered the Metro Fresh2Go pizzas are on for just $9.99 ( last day today ) but I need ours for NEXT week, ( party ) and the price goes back up to $14.99 each! argh!!! sigh.....

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Bit of a bummer today, discovered the Metro Fresh2Go pizzas are on for just $9.99 ( last day today ) but I need ours for NEXT week, ( party ) and the price goes back up to $14.99 each! argh!!! sigh.....
    If you have space, they freeze and reheat fine.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Like last year, the LCBO offers have changed to a new set for Dec. Unlike last year but like the Nov. set, there are still none where the required purchase is under ~$25
    Giseledta likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

have any of the other offers changed as of dec 1...
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

so pissed off, the stupid airmilesshop.ca site has been down all day. how the heck do they expect us to do the cyber monday shopping. GRRRRRRR!!!!!
    LIVE SIMPLE likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    79 (100%)

have any of the other offers changed as of dec 1...
    There are new offers valid from Dec 1 - 27 at the LCBO.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    If you have space, they freeze and reheat fine.
    Our freezers are kinda jammed atm, but if there was room, and if these pizzas were just for us I'd place the slices in smaller containers and freeze. Since I'm taking these ones to a family gathering ( pre-Christmas get together ) I wanted them to be freshly made.
    Today I placed the order and paid up front, the 50 BAM went right on the receipt. The Deli girls checked to see if there was a way for me to pay the sale price, but no go since these are for the weekend.

I am DONE now...All 7 of my AM sponsor shops are completed.
    rayray, Giseledta, aussie and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

does anyone know if we can stack airmile offers.. ie .. the spend 50 at rexall a nd get 100 ( its in the flyer) and stack the shop the block offer as well
    hcao likes this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i got to be honest... i am at 5 shops. i am not sure i am doing the last 2.
    i am missing bonus points from both sobeys, and airmiles.ca. and its alot of them . at this point.. so i am only credited for 3 shops insead of the 5 i do have.
    to be clear... teh base points credited.... the bonus for shop the block ... have not... i am not inclined to go any further with this promo unless they credit......
    or Swagbucks

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

i am missing bonus points from both sobeys, and airmiles.ca. and its alot of them . at this point.. so i am only credited for 3 shops insead of the 5 i do have.
    to be clear... teh base points credited.... the bonus for shop the block ... have not... i am not inclined to go any further with this promo unless they credit......
    Unfortunately, AM is what it is, an umbrella loyalty program in which quite a bit, such as how promptly to post miles and how serious to be about doing so accurately, can be at the whim of each partner to varying degrees. It's probably never going to work significantly better because AM has limited leverage with the partners, especially the main ones for the simple reason that AM needs the likes of Shell, Metro, etc. more than they need AM.
    Silk likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

they always fix them after the fact.
    never have an issue, but I almost always have to call.
    We have 3 airmiles cards in my house and we all do these promos.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information