User Tag List

Page 1164 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 164 664 1064 1114 1154 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1174 1214 1264 1664 ... LastLast
Results 17,446 to 17,460 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

avoncallingu and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!!

Oh, @GoJays , that "birds" one really got to me this morning...loved it!! It's strange how one day something will be "meh" and the next day something equally silly has us in stitches!
    @avoncallingu , I hope your pain has gone away this morning...stay safe out there since I'm just guessing, but I bet you're heading out somewhere today!

Our DD just called to ask if I want her to take me for a 'stroll' through the mall...YES!!! She and our GS were supposed to have a jammie day, but his eyes were clear this morning from the medication and he begged to go to school, so off he went. She caught the thing early, so the meds really kicked in for them, although of course, she'll continue through the meds for both of them.

So...all showered, poofed and fluffed, ready to go...took all the meds necessary to go out, walker back upstairs since it makes it so much easier to walk and I can put my handbag in the basket and not carry it since it gets heavy on my shoulder.

Everyone I hope your days go beautifully, stay safe out there!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

..speaks a thousand words...

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good day, TGIF!

I had the mobile lab come by to do bloodwork, about a half hour later the home care nurse came. All continues to go fine with my leg, however the scab isn't ready to come off yet. She said hopefully by Christmas, I will be able to switch from the bandages to a stocking to match the other leg. Nurse said that leg got really skinny.

My guts have not been happy with eating then not eating - yesterday was a bad day that way. No wonder whilst in hospital, everyone is obsessed with BMs...

Have a great day - Happy St. Nicholas Day!

Name:  facebook_1575664520997.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  86.3 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Fri, Dec 6th, 2019 at 03:49 PM.
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I got the results of my nuclear x ray...it did not take 2 weeks because I have a severe fracture of stress .....dont need that....I had to purchase a boot at 80$ that clearly put a hole in my budget and wear it for 1 month and during the night too...I hope school can accomodate me with this thing..I will see monday..wish me luck with that....grrr
    Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I got the results of my nuclear x ray...it did not take 2 weeks because I have a severe fracture of stress .....dont need that....I had to purchase a boot at 80$ that clearly put a hole in my budget and wear it for 1 month and during the night too...I hope school can accomodate me with this thing..I will see monday..wish me luck with that....grrr
    Aw, that's going to be a little inconvenient this time of year, @cath007, but I had a feeling it was a stress fracture....it's a really good thing that they got back to you so quickly, though, and now that you have that boot, you can get on to healing. Do you have to wear it in bed, too, or just when you're walking? The only reason I ask, is that when I went from a cast to a leg-brace I had to wear that damm thing in bed and boy was that uncomfortable! I hope you can take it off to sleep and shower, but be very careful, Cath...keep off it unless you have that boot on.

Schools can accommodate students with difficulties like you have...if you have to do any stairs, ask to use the school elevator if there is one. Make sure your teachers know it'll take extra time for you to get around, also. Good luck, Cath!!

Well, DD and I strolled, alright! We started at WM since she had wrapping paper, ribbons and bows to buy and found all of that in blue (I'm doing gold and silver this year), then I found one of those clip-on lamps to put above my make-up dresser since my last one bit the dust. There weren't carts there when we got there, so she had to go back outside to retrieve one for me to use to help me walk and of course for our stuff. Then she took that cart full of stuff to her van, put my walker in it, and hauled it all back to the mall for me. Then we walked all the way through the mall, one end to the other.

My GS needed an ugly sweater for school, which is fine for them, but honestly, what about parents whose budgets are tight already at this time of year?! How can they be expected to come up with money for a sweater the kids wear maybe twice?

I thought it would have been more practical and fun for them to bring plain t-shirts to school and make them ugly there, using paints, glitter, silver garlands, anything and everything! It sure would have been a lot cheaper for those parents!
    Anyway......just a thought.

So I'm off to la-la land, toodles to all of you, good night. sweet dreams!!

Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Dec 6th, 2019 at 10:33 PM.
    Natalka, walkonby and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

yes I have to wear it in bed too ..so inconfortable
    Lynn49 likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all my SC friends was a very busy couple days doing DR follow up.
    @cath007 sorry about your stress fractured. I was in a booth when I broke fractured my ankle in June and I did had to wear it 24/7 and In hold not even walk on it .it is very uncomfortable . But you will have to just follow DR orders to help you heal and I am sure it would not be a problem at School. I even went on the airplane with that thing on for a trip.

Lots to do here today. Have an awesome day all
    Natalka, Lynn49 and cath007 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all my SC friends was a very busy couple days doing DR follow up.
    @cath007 sorry about your stress fractured. I was in a booth when I broke fractured my ankle in June and I did had to wear it 24/7 and In hold not even walk on it .it is very uncomfortable . But you will have to just follow DR orders to help you heal and I am sure it would not be a problem at School. I even went on the airplane with that thing on for a trip.

Lots to do here today. Have an awesome day all
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good morning, @flemeth and all other SC friends! A friend will bring up the rest of my Christmas stuff tomorrow afternoon so I am madly clearing the way and setting out the things I have already unearthed. But also trying to stay off my foot.

It was SO painful last night! It felt like I was being stabbed in my instep. Like gout but not in a joint. I think the alterations that my podiatrist made to my orthotic last time actually made it worse. I have an appointment to see him again this week.

I have made space for my "Pencil" tree and am happy with the arrangement of other little tables .

I am going to try to "pre-groom" Tootie a bit as she has so many matted spots. She hates me for having to put her rubber booties on, this will be "piling on."
    You wouldn't believe the amount of salt that is outside our building! My boots are coated with it! Yuck!

Was it Saint Nicholas day yesterday?
    I remember our friends in Sudbury inviting my husband and me down for a "little drink" to celebrate when we lived there. Their son was even called Nick. Well....I didn't feel very well at school the next day, let me tell you!😩

Laundry is calling.
    Have a happy day, friends!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Sat, Dec 7th, 2019 at 10:54 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I wish this clip was longer

Natalka likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all my SC friends
    Hoping your weekend is going good so far.
    Well since I was up for more than 2 hours I might make my self useful and do some baking. Going to bake a cake and some cookies and it will be breakfast this morning.

I didn’t walk Thor in a week since the weather is not nice and he refused to wear anything on his paws. The side walks are nice and clean now so maybe when the sun is up I will take him out.
    Enjoy your Sunday all
    Natalka and walkonby like this.

Thread Information