User Tag List

Page 1165 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 165 665 1065 1115 1155 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1175 1215 1265 1665 ... LastLast
Results 17,461 to 17,475 of 29298
Like Tree118407Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

G'day!

Well, @flemeth , I hope your baking turns out better than mine did this morning!! I baked a beautiful chiffon poppyseed cake...well it MIGHT have been beautiful had it come out of the bundt pan as usual, but nope...split in half, the bottom half stuck to the bottom. At least DH is enjoying it, but I think I'm absolutely done baking...seems I just can't do it anymore.
    And no...I've used this recipe for years, same pan, did everything the same way....stupid cake.
    Natalka and walkonby like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Lynn49 I guess today is not a day for baking for both of us my cake that I make did not cook through even though it shows that it was done when I cut into it it was raw had to cut it in half and bake it again so not it was dry. This is a receipt that I grew up with and made it a million times.
    Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    @Lynn49 I guess today is not a day for baking for both of us my cake that I make did not cook through even though it shows that it was done when I cut into it it was raw had to cut it in half and bake it again so not it was dry. This is a receipt that I grew up with and made it a million times.
    How awful...what in the world is going on?!! Is there a full moon tonight?
    I'm sorry your cake was a flop also, but I'm sure it still tastes good but hardly worthy of a presentation is it, if anything like mine!
    I'm still responsible for Christmas dessert because I'M GOOD AT DESSERTS, hahahahaha!!!!
    I may just do an apple/raisin bread pudding and serve it with a dolce de leche sauce and expensive vanilla ice cream, lol...they'll hide any disaster I conjure up that day! I also like that I can make it up in the morning and bake it at the kids' home after dinner.

Presents are all wrapped, I just have to find a $10 surprise gift for our dice-game gift exchange. We hide them as we bring them in so that no one knows who purchased what as the game is in progress...it's honestly such fun!!
    @GoJays , you made this miserable baker smile today, so thank you for that...I can always count on you! We all can!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Gremlins! Global warming! Communist Plot! Must be one of these happening, @Lynn49 and @flemeth .

A neighbour helped me to get all of my boxes out of my storage space, but I wrenched my back in the process. Doubling up on trying to push my BrotherR 's wheelchair last night.

I took an Advil and a generic Robaxacet (which I am not supposed to do either, @Lynn49 ) and am lying down to Restbackabit.

Oops fell asleep- 2 hours later.

The concert last night was very good and because my BrotherR was in a wheelchair, we got to sit 2 rows from the front. John is a much older version of the singer that I used to swoon over but, boy, can he still belt out that tenor voice. A couple of young women have a duo called Dala. They were spectacular! Wonderful soprano and alto voices, smooth as silk.

It was a nostalgic evening and I laughed and I cried, just enough of each.

Well, I had better think about supper, although my head is pounding. Poor Tootie hasn't eaten right all day and got sick when we were outside. I had better get her out for a walk.

Take care, everyone!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Sun, Dec 8th, 2019 at 04:58 PM.
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Double Post
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Sun, Dec 8th, 2019 at 04:57 PM.
    Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good day, everyone!

Sorry to hear of the baking probs, but they happen to everyone at some point!

Through last week, my back (below waist and under shoulder blades) was niggling at me, and I was really, really careful. Somehow, last evening it blossomed fully into searing pain and little movement - the lower back. Thank goodness my husband was home last night and this morning, because I seriously needed help. The first time I was able to stand with the walker, but had to sit down right away because I couldn't step.

This late morning and aft it was somewhat better - thanks, Robax Platinum.
    Hoping I have a decent eve and night - my husband was up a lot with me last night.

He was a busy bee as I was napping, washed the kitchen floor - but then went out to organize the recycling. He slipped and fell, bin on top - by some good luck a neighbour saw and came to help him. He came in and warmed up, said his tailbone hurt a lot, but he is napping now.
    He doesn't have any padding, so I always think things are worse for him.

Well, I have been sitting long enough, time for a very short walk and a bit in bed.

Hoping y'all have a lovely evening - and for those with owies, hoping they get better soon!

Name:  facebook_1575610853152.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  88.2 KB
    avoncallingu, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  facebook_1575709732807.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  80.2 KB
    avoncallingu and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh goodness, @Natalka ! Sorry to hear about your husband's fall! Lucky your neighbour saw him.

Well, my tree is up and fits perfectly in a little corner of my living room. I haven't decorated it yet, but it looks very festive! All the boxes from the storage are open so I can see all the things that I need to find a place for.

Have a great evening and a super sleep.
    Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

We just got home from visiting the kids, and speaking of music, @avoncallingu , we were sitting un their sitting-room for a change and our SIL was taking requests on his iPhone and speaker thingy..such fun, we all have different tastes in music, but quite a few oldies popped up, and not always from us! Lol...Ian and Sylvia's 4 Strong Winds? I was all teary-eyed for haven's sake, and as our DD said, it didnt even involve ships! Christmas songs, a sing-along to My Favourite Things...we could have used you there, @avoncallingu ! DH and I ended with God Bless Texas, ...just a fun song to belt out! Jeepers...it just occured to me that we didn't end with My Church! Haha!

Anyhoodles, home, relaxing to the Seahawks, Rams game.....it was a lively visit.

@Natalka , poor Hubby! Thank goodness a neighbour was close-by; I sure hope he's just fine. I worry about my Hubby whenever he leaves the house; it's so icy/melty out there today in particular, but oh boy, it just felt like spring out there!! That's going to change!!

Good night, everyone...sweet dreams.
    Natalka, avoncallingu and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

woosh! I wish I could woosh....it sounds like a fast movement.
    I am in a sloth-style movement atm. Oh dinner ( Jack Astor's was DELISH! ) Our waiter was so kind NOT to bring the singing coworkers to our table, just brought the lit sparkler shoved into a decadent chocolate brownie ( b'day dessert for DH )

I still got the stink eye from DH for arranging that...but in my defense " don't drop me at the front door and go park "
    because it leaves me minutes to conspire with the hostess. bwahahaha!!!

So....while at dinner we got to see Tom Brady LOSE ( again! ) ha ha ha that was nice.
    Also for part of DH b'day celebration we went to see Knives Out
    A definite 10/10, filled with big name stars ( but stars that can actually act and connect with the audience )

I am kind of sleepy now, gonna be an early bedtime I think. Anything before midnight is early. @Natalka I pray your hubby's back ( tailbone ) recovers from his fall. Just never a good feeling when you hit the ground and wait, hoping it is not serious or long lasting.
    @flemeth and @Lynn49 shall I sing that song?

I know one small cake flop will never deter you pro bakers ! Sure, it's a real PITA to have baked items we have made for years fail with no explanation, but Christmas demands the big girl panties be pulled back on and up. Oh and don't forget your apron!

Last edited by walkonby; Sun, Dec 8th, 2019 at 10:20 PM.
    Natalka, avoncallingu and Lynn49 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all. We are having rain all day but it’s warm. Stay dry and be careful on the road everyone
    @Natalka I am so sorry to read about tour DH fall . Hope he is feeling better today.
    @walkonby you make me laugh so hard when I read your post.

No sure if I mentioned it here but I am going away for a vacation this coming week. So I need to start getting organized with my packing. Have to pack for DH and I didn’t realized I have to pay for our check baggage so decisions needed to be made with how many suitcase I want to pay for since all 4 of us are going away . Have an awesome day all

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning gang...
    only two weeks of work until the winter holidays are here!
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Husband was pretty sore during the night - I didn't see him this morning, so I assume he was okay enough to try work. If it's bad, he will come home.

My back is a tad better, but still pretty rough.

Enjoy the day!

Name:  facebook_1575817592038.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  77.7 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Mon, Dec 9th, 2019 at 10:06 AM.

Thread Information