User Tag List

Page 1176 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 176 676 1076 1126 1166 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1186 1226 1276 1676 ... LastLast
Results 17,626 to 17,640 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  519BD1F0-B2D7-4EC0-ACAD-79F053305471.jpeg
Views: 143
Size:  91.3 KB
    Natalka, ROMEO, 22hicks and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

morning
    busy
    later
    DANGER

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@ danger_dan and @GoJays morning!!
    New water heater ( being replaced ) after 19 years! It served us well I suppose.
    We'll chalk this up as a Christmas gift....." thanks for breaking down old water heater " .....just in time for Christmas.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

Today is absolutely a day of rest for me. DH is at the seniors' centre, Jenny is asleep in her chair at the window, all's well with the world. Thank heavens.

I have a ginormous spiral ham to bake up later for dinner, then we'll freeze the left-over slices and bring them over for Christmas dinner. I'll just re-heat them in the oven covered with stock and they'll remain nice and moist.
    @walkonby, aren't you supposed to be home waiting for a new water heater? You're not....
    @GoJays, that shlopping sound puppers make when drinking water? I just love it, lol...Jenny has a sort-of rhythm to her shlopping...okay, I already know I'm weird.

I have 2 gifts that seem to be hung up with CP, with apologies from Amazon, lol, that they haven't been delivered, yet. Ah well, if my DH's gift doesn't come in on time, I'll print out a nice glossy photo of it, stick it in a box, wrap it and he'll be just as thrilled when he sees it, awaiting its arrival after Christmas. As usual he bought a board game for Christmas day and likely for camp, so I just have to wrap it to our GS.

Okay!! Enjoy your day, everyone!!

and...

116 DAYS UNTIL EASTER!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Dec 18th, 2019 at 11:46 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Rats. Now I want to make this cake for dessert for Christmas...a GF chocolate cake, however.
    Or do I just love the candy-cane shards??
    Here I go again!!!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Ooh, such a festive cake!

I can't stay long, shoulda come earlier and now I'm way low on battery charge.

Milan came for supper and a visit - oh, so many hugs and kisses and snuggles! Plus he makes me laugh, which is a rare commodity these days.
    The guys ordered kfc- I could just eat part of a rib (which tasted like chicken), and corn off the cob (yum, was a really young ear I had frozen).

Had some fun doing some taste testing yesterday... Some things surprised me that I can't taste yet, while others are almost at full flavour.

Well, my tablet is making warning sounds, so it's time to shut down...

Have a great day, everyone!

Name:  facebook_1576482464476.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  23.9 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Wed, Dec 18th, 2019 at 02:52 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  facebook_1576450225809.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  106.2 KB

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Hope everyone has been having a good day today. Did my spin class but tried to take it a bit easier. Still after I was done my back was so stiff. Anyway I used one of the spiky rollers and it definitely helped. Now just resting a bit before I go to a Christmas party that runs from 5-10.. should be good but I’m definitely not dancing lol.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

We believed the warnings not to travel and stayed home since we already were having snow squalls at 8:00 am. So we scheduled my BrotherR 's next appointment for after his MRI appointment in February.

I waited for the cleaning lady to come before I took a shower. There is a mix and mingle downstairs that I am missing. That may not be terrible. But there is a charcuterie and treats and a cash bar.
    @cabmonk , I know you've been cutting back on exercising somewhat but I didn't realize that you had hurt your back. Sorry about that!
    @Lynn49 - that cake looks marvelous!

There is a little clothing outlet just in the next town. My neighbor told me that they had a shipment od dog coats from a company that went out of business. I bought a couple for Tootie and a "cute" Christmas "dress" that she will hate, but hopefully I can get a picture before she shakes it off.

Back from the festivities and about to go down for supper. Tootie would only pee when I juse took her out.. It's blowing like a blizzard out there.

See you later!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'm not sure I posted this before, but it's worth reading, I think....hope you enjoy reading it, also.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Then of course, the original....I still enjoy reading it...

We take pleasure in answering thus prominently the communication below, expressing at the same time our great gratification that its faithful author is numbered among the friends of The Sun:
    Dear Editor—
    I am 8 years old. Some of my little friends say there is no Santa Claus. Papa says, "If you see it in The Sun, it's so." Please tell me the truth, is there a Santa Claus?
    Virginia O'Hanlon
    115 West Ninety Fifth Street
    Virginia, your little friends are wrong. They have been affected by the skepticism of a skeptical age. They do not believe except they see. They think that nothing can be which is not comprehensible by their little minds. All minds, Virginia, whether they be men's or children's, are little. In this great universe of ours, man is a mere insect, an ant, in his intellect as compared with the boundless world about him, as measured by the intelligence capable of grasping the whole of truth and knowledge.
    Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no Santa Claus! It would be as dreary as if there were no Virginias. There would be no childlike faith then, no poetry, no romance to make tolerable this existence.
    We should have no enjoyment, except in sense and sight. The external light with which childhood fills the world would be extinguished.
    Not believe in Santa Claus! You might as well not believe in fairies. You might get your papa to hire men to watch in all the chimneys on Christmas Eve to catch Santa Claus, but even if you did not see Santa Claus coming down, what would that prove? Nobody sees Santa Claus, but that is no sign that there is no Santa Claus. The most real things in the world are those that neither children nor men can see. Did you ever see fairies dancing on the lawn? Of course not, but that's no proof that they are not there. Nobody can conceive or imagine all the wonders there are unseen and unseeable in the world.
    You tear apart the baby's rattle and see what makes the noise inside, but there is a veil covering the unseen world which not the strongest man, nor even the united strength of all the strongest men that ever lived could tear apart. Only faith, poetry, love, romance, can push aside that curtain and view and picture the supernal beauty and glory beyond. Is it all real? Ah, Virginia, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding.
    No Santa Claus! Thank God! He lives and lives forever. A thousand years from now, Virginia, nay 10 times 10,000 years from now, he will continue to make glad the heart of childhood.
    -----------------
    "Is There a Santa Claus?" reprinted from the September 21, 1897, number of The New York Sun.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Dec 18th, 2019 at 08:22 PM.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

@avoncallingu I’m not bad right now it’s definitely getting better. Just can’t sleep right now lol. Christmas party was good and lots of food. They even had door prizes but I didn’t win which is fine. Was happy to be invited. Tickets were $12 each but they gave me a free ticket.

yes I’m mostly still vegan lol. However if I go out I never make a fuss and eat whatever they actually have. It was all really good though. The food in my place is all vegan though.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Thread Information