User Tag List

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree1514Likes

Thread: December 2019 Frugal Chatter-finding the light among the hustle

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

@you andme hello! And welcome back...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, ROMEO, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I went to shoppers the other day to pick up my parcel and some woman was shipping a very large box. It cost her 104$ for 3 day shipping. Like damn shoppers charges an arm and a leg plus a kidney! It wasn’t exactly wrapped in the right paper or in the right tape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, ROMEO, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all.
    sunday.. hubby is not feelingthe greatest. stubborn man might actually go to the dr tomorrow

youngest and i are going grocery shopping, and picking up something for middle child maybe.

after that ... i am working on the family room. it is a pit.

the twitter challange for money is going to start soon. . so very very excited. i want to set my desk up for it.

taking my mom to go see all teh Christmas lights tonight. it should be nice.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I was up 1/2 the night with food poisoning. The staff was treated to pizza when I was teaching on Friday. I think that is the source because no one else in our family is sick. Dh took our kids to the indoor play centre. He had our collector’s card, a free admission coupon, water bottles and snacks from home. I’m staying home to rest. I’m feeling light headed, guts are still sore, etc. I’ll take a nap. I’ll need to do some laundry and grocery shopping today, but it can wait for now.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all.

taking off soon to go finish off the Presents. i need to pick up a few things still.

then home... and a meal with the family.. plan is a game or 2 of uno as well...

i need to print off a micheals coupon as well before i go .

forgot to mention.. left a few coupons atthe grocery store that were going to expire.
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Also heading out to finish a few last minute things. I used to work retail so I M ready for whatever crazy is out there. I am so annoyed with Canada Post. I have my youngest sons gift in transit and has been for the past 5 days. I only opted for delivery to save me a 10 minute drive to Best Buy. As it is I am probably going to have to go and buy it and then return the one when it finally gets off the truck.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Lilo-we are also waiting for something my husband ordered from Best Buy via CP. Online it says it was delivered to our community mailbox on Dec 20 but it certainly wasn't-maybe today?
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ms. Sunshine is out and making some progress on the ice still on sidewalks everywhere. When I walked the section to the library (second time), I had to grab onto a fence as I slid on ice. No issues the first time (had a magazine to return before I went to the movie theatre.

I spent money on two butter toppings to get the layered popcorn mentioned in the Dec. Cineplex magazine (bought the small size bag). I was rather peeved at the 35 min of preshow stuff-ok Timeplay and "interviews" take about 10min, then ads one recalls from TV (no less than 2 Amazon Prime videos plus the singing boxes ad) for about another 10min, then finally the movie trailers (yes, the Wonder Woman 1984 trailer impresses better on the big screen--I may think about an IMAX ticket when the movie comes out in June). The only issue was that some of the trailers are not suitable for minors under 10 (there were 6-7 of them in this morning's first show with parents/guardians). Had about 25 people in the theatre. Since I read many books based on the Star Wars Episodes 4-6 trilogy, I figured I knew which characters would end up in the last episode. Nope. Now I need to watch all those missed Star Wars movies to figure out where the stories in book form diverge from what the Lucas storyline had in the first 6 movies (as I read in Cineplex magazine, once Lucasfilm was sold to Disney, Lucas did not have a say in the last three films' stories). 2h20min of movie by the time credits roll. How amazing is it that John Williams has scored the movie?

I was amazed about how hopping the parking lots outside the cinema, Chapters Indigo and LCBO were once I exited just after 12pm.

I was not able to get a good signal for Global Morning Show (after 7am) for some reason as most over the air channels were breaking up their signals (except for one TVO signal and 35-1 in Barrie and CHCH in Hamilton). No idea what today's code word for the gift prize is today.

There will be a small grocery shop on the way home-fresh produce and something to drink at home as there's only orange juice or mineral water in the house. Will see if the stack of Frozen II gingerbread houses has been diminishing (or not) in the produce section.

In other news, on Saturday, I was watching clips of The Child aka Baby Yoda from The Mandalorian online. I'd like a true plush version of The Child but not with a vinyl head. The people manipulating the animatronic child (who is 50 yr old) are doing a fabulous job trying to make The Child curious and somewhat childlike in the series.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Remember about two weeks ago, I went to the Hudson's Bay store to buy some Jockey underwear? One of the six pairs has a horizontal row of 11 holes in it. Either it was a knitting error when fabric was made or someone sent a set of hooks down too early. But the fabric section got attached and made into a pair of underwear. I'll launder the affected pair and make rags out of it.
    Giseledta, ROMEO and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Simons has indicated a 2020 trend will be neon...yellow! That's one of my happy colours!
    barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

mall was ok.... walmart... omg. hate walmart. so stressful.

used a gc i had given to me for more tea.. i have enough chai to do me a bit... i have 1 more larger gc. i may use it at boxing day if there is amazing sales.

used a m and m meats gc hubby was given... omg.. thier prices went up. i used the gc on some sale items. but.. omg

used a 50% off coupon at micheals. got oldest a case for the sewing machine we got her. saved 50.00!!! well worth it

i need to figure out if we have everything.. pretty sure i am good.

going to make stromboni for supper.. and card games withthe kids.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Remember, you can print 2 per web browser.

Get your FREEEEE Love Child Food Pouch NOW!!!!!!https://www.canadiansavingsgroup.ca/...by-food-pouch/
    Ciel, lilo0003 and johnb56789 like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

evening -a bit tired here babysat with hubby today both girls ,took them to a playground in the morning too windy and a bit cold,then played coloured xmas pictures and stickers ,played a frozen game with Ashlyn,then played out front with the kids again

Cleaned my son's 2 bathroom sinks and vanity and toilets.Did 2 loads of laundry for him ,sometimes it would be nice to get a thanks from my daughter-in-law but my son have me a huge thank mom as we left

Gave Ashlyn a bath and washed her hair as cara slept for 3 hours ,was so tired on the way home hubby and I ate at fortinos he had wings and fries I had a pizza square 22.45 ,used 20 in p.c money paid 2.45 nice treat

Now to do my laundry .
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok, busy day... due to oldest working tomorrow. we are doing present tonight... eeek!!!

so.. lots to do today. hubby will go and pick up the 2 things we forgot. then we need to drop off a card to his mom. go to my mom and take her to mass.
    back.. for family events. sigh

tomorrow will be lighter. we will do a breakfast for our other 2, and full meal in the evening.

today... i have tea
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I plan to have a cup of tea later today. I was keen to get to the library early as it closes at 1pm, so computers will shut-down at 12:45pm. No Internet for three days (muffled cries...).

The nearby Starbucks will close after today, so I may pop in for a sweet treat. Plan to visit Value Village to look over holiday decor (last day for 50% off is today BUT Dec.26 onwards, the decor will be 75% off).

Yesterday's score-the Frozen II decorating kit. It was $14.99, Fortino's store sign shows it on sale for $4.99!! (Of course the stack was about 1/3 of what it was last week.) I bought one kit and plan to assemble it on Dec.31 or Jan. 1! Check your Loblaws stores/Fortinos stores for the kits!

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information