User Tag List

Page 1181 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 181 681 1081 1131 1171 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1191 1231 1281 1681 ... LastLast
Results 17,701 to 17,715 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

wheee!!!! Good morning @GoJays , I can always count on you being up at this ungodly hour!!
    Those dancing and head banging pooches! ha ha
    Nice to have your Tim's order " angel paid " ....Canadians are so nice, aren't we?
    Have the most wonderful Christmas with your offspring and DH too!
    @Lynn49 I feel just awful missing the action of the Packers game ( here I've been trying to incorporate football into my repertoire of sports watching and seriously dropped the ball, also know as a fumble? lol )
    I just checked and they were victorious so that's all that matters.
    @cabmonk sure hope your Aunt recovers from her infection soon! Enjoy all the festivities with your family!! @avoncallingu Boston Pizza eh? Mmmm, were they one of the first places offering a gluten free option for dishes?
    We've not gone there in a while.

A few more things have been checked off my prep list, which was why I headed up to sleepytime so early last night.
    Early to bed , early to rise and all that.

How many others on here open their gifts on Christmas Eve? As an " adult " family now we do.
    When our 3 were babies, tots, and grew taller than DH as teens the morning of the 25th was the only time we opened gifts.
    With crazy shift work body clocks we've discovered it is so much easier to do our rippin and ooh-ing and ahhh-ing right after midnight, plus we get to wear our traditional new p.j's to bed!
    The upside for me is no one is up to get in my way while I'm in the kitchen bringing the day's meal together....I work best with just the furbabies near my feet.

Carry on soldiers! It's Christmas Eve for goodness sakes!!

Weatherman says No White Christmas this year.....oh well.

Stuff going on in the kitchen atm, but does not need my full attention just yet.
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all my SC Friends . I am back from my vacation myself and family had a wonderful time. Will do some catching up on everyone doings to see what I missed . Hope you all had a great week when I was away

Today lots to do since it’s Christmas Eve and we are going over to my DH Sister tomorrow for our family Christmas get together and then on Thursday I have house guess for a couple of days. Still have to do some baking tonight and make a couple of dishes to take over.

Have a a wonderful day all

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Morning! My head feels like that little puppy's must. That's what I get for having an ice-cap at 4:30 yesterday afternoon. I was still net surfing at 3 AM!

But I must get up and "Seize the Carp"!

I have a bit of running around to do and more wrapping (worse comes to worse things are already in bags, I just stuff some tissue on top.) But I like putting hints on the tags.

Wishing all of you lovely people the most wonderful Christmas! Might see you later!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quick hello!!

We're heading out for a minute or two...I forgot to put vanilla ice-cream on DH's list the other day for the caramel/apple/cinnamon bread pudding I'm serving for dessert tomorrow. I needed something simple that I could manage and I've done enough cakes, regular and cheesecakes over time. This will be something different. I'll have to make a separate one for myself in a little ramekin, and one for the dressing as well.

I've also not purchased gifts for our DD's older cat and "the twins", so I'll head to the pet store for something for them and for Jenny for Christmas.

We're putting together the dressing today since it makes such a mess of the kitchen on Christmas day...tomorrow we can relax. We'll just put it in the slow-cooker insert and stuff it into the fridge overnight to bake up tomorrow.

I'm not sure I can mix up the bread pudding today...it may be too soggy for baking tomorrow...I'll just get everything cut up today, stuffed back into the bread bags, make the caramel sauce, refrigerate it..tomorrow I'll shred the apples, mix up the milk/egg/sugar mixture and assemble and bake it there.

OKAY!! How is everyone else doing today?? Any last minute trips out there?
    My late BFF and I always used to head out on the 24th just for the heck of it, watching everyone else trying to find last-minute gifts and if we found something we couldn't refuse we'd buy it, but only just because. Everything else would have been done by then, as it is here now. I miss her so much, but at Christmas more than ever.

However!!!

Enjoy the last frantic day before Christmas, everyone!!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Morning! My head feels like that little puppy's must. That's what I get for having an ice-cap at 4:30 yesterday afternoon. I was still net surfing at 3 AM!

But I must get up and "Seize the Carp"!

I have a bit of running around to do and more wrapping (worse comes to worse things are already in bags, I just stuff some tissue on top.) But I like putting hints on the tags.

Wishing all of you lovely people the most wonderful Christmas! Might see you later!
    I can drink espresso just before bedtime and sleep the night through, I am that desensitized to caffeine. I have headaches when I wake up in the morning when I don't have an early evening cup of coffee. Or maybe it's addiction..... hmmmm
    22hicks, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

22hicks, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Oh, @GoJays , that happened for me, about a month ago! However, now, I'm cool as a cuke!
    I'm also pretty good with having a coffee at night, doesn't seem to bother me and the thought of a cuppa coffee in the morning can get me out of bed pretty quickly, too.

How's your prep-work for tomorrow? Does your family have a traditional Christmas dinner? Did I read that you all unwrap your gifts at night like @walkonby , or in the morning?

IT'S ALMOST CHRISTMAS, @GoJays !!!!!
    22hicks, GoJays and walkonby like this.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

​I hope you're all enjoying this beautiful Christmas Eve

Name:  images-1.jpeg
Views: 105
Size:  6.2 KB
    Natalka, ROMEO and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Oh, @GoJays, that happened for me, about a month ago! However, now, I'm cool as a cuke!
    I'm also pretty good with having a coffee at night, doesn't seem to bother me and the thought of a cuppa coffee in the morning can get me out of bed pretty quickly, too.

How's your prep-work for tomorrow? Does your family have a traditional Christmas dinner? Did I read that you all unwrap your gifts at night like @walkonby, or in the morning?

IT'S ALMOST CHRISTMAS, @GoJays!!!!!
    We still do the gifts on the 25th, but I did mention to DH about doing them on the 24th. He said, funny that you mentioned that because I was just thinking about that just this week. But he wants to keep the 25th thing going for awhile longer. When I was a kid we always did it on the 24th, it's a European thing I think. Maybe @Natalka can chime in with an opinion on that too

Well, I think that's it for me for awhile, chances are we won't be around tomorrow. so I want to wish everyone a very merry Christmas

Or of I had my way, my front yard would look like this
    Natalka, 22hicks and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@GJays, we weren't particularly Eastern European traditionalists, I imagine my Grandparents may gave followed the "dinner menues" of traditional celebrations...we did observe the fish on Friday dinners, however. I guess we were all more Canadian-ish here than orthodox (if that's the right word) in that aspect. We were all very involved with our Ukrainian church, however....I used to speak Ukrainian quite fluently. A long time ago.

On Christmas Eve our kids opened one gift...new pyjama, a stuffed animal or toy (younger of course), and a book to take to bed with them. I love the anticipation of waiting until morning to open gifts..the night just seems so meh...but of course it's whatever we all experienced in our childhoods that enter into our preferences.

A very merry Christmas to you, @GoJays , all the very best I the new year. I look forward to spending the new year here with you, enjoying your company and your lovely, goofy morning giggles.
    Natalka, 22hicks and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Christmas Day!

Growing up, we always opened gifts Christmas Eve - after the Holy Supper, before going to church.

Where my husband grew up, as well as in other European countries, gift giving is only on the feastday of St. Nicholas. No gifts at Christmas itself.

Luckily for me, my son didn't work today and my husband got off work early, so prep for supper tonight started earlier than anticipated, which was wonderful - because there was little I could do without assistance. Everything tasted wonderful.

I had gone to rest after supper, which turned into a sleep - awoke to Milan having a bedtime snack of another plateful, then he left just after Midnight. He will be back here mid-afternoon - we are having what he always called "snackies" - kolbassa, ham, cheeses, layered dip, shrimp, oysters, variety crackers, and either mini quiche or devilled eggs (not sure if I have tart shells).

Hope you all had a nice sleep, and have a great start to Christmas Day!

Name:  facebook_1577217070213.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  76.1 KB

Name:  facebook_1577217023321.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  34.1 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Wed, Dec 25th, 2019 at 01:36 AM.
    22hicks, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Name:  facebook_1577217049649.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  91.0 KB
    22hicks and cabmonk like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Merry Christmas everyone! Wishing you and your loved ones a wonderful holiday season and the very best in 2020
    ~Silk
    Natalka, ROMEO, 22hicks and 1 others like this.
    Have a great life!

Thread Information