User Tag List

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1333Likes

Thread: January 2020 Frugal Chatter

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby and i just came back fro Swiss Chalet total cost two can dine for 15.99-a giftcard i had in my wallet -total cost to us $1.05 plus tip (enjoyed the evening out for supper)

angela I have to mend my fleece winter gloves -all my gloves and one hat are old -may look for a nice deal on another winter toque
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Today’s dumping of snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ciel likes this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Yesterday’s dumping of snow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ciel likes this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It doesn’t fail. My employee told me last night that’s she’s sick. My back up person is already working today. I got called to teach for the morning and I had to turn it down. *sigh*
    Ciel likes this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning!
    Working from home today because my office is having work done. My dog is enjoying the company. I made an egg mcmuffin for breakfast. Need coffee soon.
    It is lightly snowing here now. I don't think we expect much.
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m having a low key day at home. I’m cooking beef barley soup and two pans of shepherd’s pie. I’m using potatoes from last year’s garden. The Shepherd’s pie is for supper tonight and tomorrow. Tomorrow night is gymnastics for our kids and I have a meeting in the evening. I’m going to freeze one container of soup.
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Same here @Angela . I'm making a tray of homemade mac and cheese now. I will have some for lunch and then it will be ready for DS to eat after school before work tomorrow.

Mac and cheese is in oven and kitchen is clean!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Jan 13th, 2020 at 12:36 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    i have laundry going. still.
    frustrated with oldest daughter. but i suspect that will be a ongoing thing untill she resolves a few things. however she needs to step up.

ok. on track for today.
    laundry. so much laundry. and work on my room.
    and fingers crossed... vacuming.. dare i say that vacuming. sigh
    If I find Roomba robot contests in 2020, you are getting those links in the hope that you can delegate the vacuuming to a scheduled bot pass instead!
    Angela273 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    It doesn’t fail. My employee told me last night that’s she’s sick. My back up person is already working today. I got called to teach for the morning and I had to turn it down. *sigh*
    There will be something good coming out of your perseverance in regards to ways of filling your days with income opportunities, @Angela273 .
    Angela273 likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

*Shopping adventures with Ciel* (not necessarily frugal, but wiser afterwards)\
    Thursday-went to Sobeys and bought the one out of four Panera Bread salad dressings wiithout soy (Shallot garlic?). Had 2 tbsp on pepper strips. Ate the veggies but nose really despised the aroma. Not a surprise, a champagne wine vinegar. 30 minutes later, dressing is poured down the drain. Upside: the bottle has a lovely upper design so it's a "flower vase" saved in the corner cupboard for the future and I saved $2 off the regular price on the product.

Nothing on Friday (at home; it's one week after sunny yellow bathroom paint job!) or Saturday (did not wish to be a human sponge for the rain downpours; sorted Mom's files and figured out 2019 bills and expenses to kind of start the 2019 budgeting plus realized Enbridge has a added a monthly $1 amount since July to help pipeline expansion projects (to continue for 24 months on the bills). Tallied known carbon tax charges on the heating bills...
    Sunday! Made my variation on charred veggie ragu from Jan. Food & Wine magazine (news alert-hey, our gas oven does have a top mounted broiler element! For three years, I've believed that was not so--lovely soft veggies without scorch on Broil LOW setting-I''m now a fan...)
    Value Village-used my 20% off coupon for a second (dead battery) watch, three stationery packages (Post-It notes! grocery list pads! Eldon letter rack with writing utensil cubby, pageholders, Crayola pencil crayons, etc. plus a little working pineapple light!), a glittery Lancome cosmetic tote (likely gift with purchase item) that will be kit of things, and a toiletries pack of sealed L'Occitane travel size amenities (sewing kit, shower cap, sealed facial bar, nail file and cuticle stick, shoe mitt, two makeup pads and two tiny cotton swabs). $15.75 total after coupon deducted.
    Grande chai latte at Starbucks then leisurely Longos grocery trip. Found only one Renee's bottled salad dressing that is free of soy product-Honey Dijon. Take it as I had pitched two expired Kraft dressings and one squeeze bottle of Dijon mustard. No fire-roasted Aylmer Accents product and I really don't need another kind but wait! A 40 cent peelie coupon was stuck on the shelf edge and I take it for a can of Original Accents because I never saw one last year. Score!
    Managed to find about 13 containers on my walk to Longos and back. Take containers to Beer store and get my $1.30. Into Dollarama-no CR1216 battery. Fortinos-moved its batteries; a few flat cells in pharmacy for hearing aids or large items but Customer service has a limited selection too. Sigh. Buy some groceries at Fortinos and got one of two soy-free Renee's dressings, the Spring Herb Italian one. Don't feel like walking to Walmart to look for a watch battery (the first watch without its strap is residing in my coat pocket).

This morning:
    Went to Shoppers-oh happy day! Energizer rack of many batteries near pharmacy but I don't want 2 batteries in a pack. Went to photo kiosk area where memory cards and batteries are-found my battery! YAY! Also got pop (now I broke my limit of $10 on pop for January but I need that fizzy stuff-rough weekend).
    February goal-if there's another 20% off Friends and Family coupon day on the first Tuesday of the month, I intend to stock up on specialty batteries at Shoppers. Saw the Energizer 123 batteries for first time-not certain what gadget needs what looks like a shorter but super-sized AA battery.
    Banked my $1.30 as I want to cover the March bank fee.

Light snow cover in Hamilton as of today. Fine with me-it's like winter is acting like winter. Yesterday, some sidewalk sections were icy at home and around town and the grass had a frozen icy cover (yes, I went to collect fallen branches-quite a few). I don't miss the winds and rains of Saturday which continued into early am Sunday.

Plan this afternoon is to visit Staples to get some file boxes and supplies (25% off ends tomorrow) so that 2019 files can be boxed and stored. The longer this task is put off, the more anxious I'll feel. There are too many files that need to be moved.

Income tax packages-when I visited my post office to inquire about when the packages are due for customers to pick up copies, I was told that wall posters were put up that no 2019 packages will be at post offices. Anyone who used a paper package will get their new one by Family Day (Feb. 17 which is about the time CRA starts processing returns). Everyone else will have to download forms online. Think about this-regular copy paper is heavier than the newsprint paper used for CRA forms (more postage for your mailing, meaning you have to provide the envelopes too) so clever filers will either have to reduce the size of their forms to fit two copies per print job (single-sided) or make sure to print double-sided copies for those double-sided forms. So, it'll be interesting for those volunteer tax clinics if there are tax preparers used to paper forms for their clients.
    coupon girl likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok. jury was cancelled. and i as told i would not get called for 3 yrs.

i am home and cleaning. laundry is going. i am ignoring time of use.

i need to go and spotless the playroom. there are illness going around. and it needs to stop.

i have a chicken going in for s upper. maybe some cheesey potatoes.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Bit of splurge-a greeting card of higher value for a special someone's milestone birthday. Sometimes, the budget-breaker is for a good reason though another area of spending has to be cut back to make up the difference.

I need to get my files and papers in order this week. A plan to have a "important papers for Ciel" folder has been top of mind lately, should I need someone else to find something for me. Trying to determine what will go there plus complete the address list for my 2020 planner. If the CRA does mail my tax package this month, you can bet I'll have it completed and mailed within 48 hours.
    walkonby likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Went out with DH this a.m. to do errands in the -25 plus windchill-yikes. Off to warmer climes on Wednesday thank goodness. In March I will be starting to baby sit 7 month old triplets and their 2 year old brother 3 days a week. That should keep me hopping-certainly won't need to go to the gym.
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I was not in hiding this time, just life happened. My sister in law has been off for a week with a migraine and the person who normally backs her up is on vacation so I have been covering.

Then on Wednesday night, Mom worked and got hurt at work. She tripped over a mat at work and fell on the cement floor and hurt almost all of the left side of body including her bad knee. Thursday she could not go to work but went to the doc and then on Friday I had to come home early to take her x rays and to drop her paperwork off at work as she was not sure about driving.

I have still been working on the house, I am getting stuff done each night but can admit this weekend I had hoped to get more done, but Mom was home hurt.

Friday night I ran into No Frills and got Peppers, Cauliflower, Hot Dog Buns and Fries. I have been able to talk Mom out of take out by making Homemade Chicken Nuggets with Poutine Friday night and Homemade Pizza Saturday.

Today I worked from home. I dug my car out but my wiper fell off, I got it back on but it was snowing the roads were slick and not plowed and there was a big accident so I would have had to take back roads to work. I decided to turn around and work from home.

When I was done for the day I went out and cleaned our stairs and cleaned Mom cars. Now I am sore from the mix of snow and ice.

Well off to figure out dinner and decide what tasks I will tackle tonight. Have a wonderful night everyone
    Ciel, coupon girl and walkonby like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

evening -babysat cara today ,took her for a 30 minutes walk ,nice and refreshing found one beer can ,did laundry for my son /daughter-in-law and cara slept from 1.00 til 3.30 so watched a t.v show I missed last season

Supper tonight pasta and laundry to be done
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information