User Tag List

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree1333Likes

Thread: January 2020 Frugal Chatter

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    How much are potatoes in your neck of the woods. I have been seeing 10Lb bags for $4.97 and $5.97 around here. We will make due with other stuff. Not that we eat lots but mashed potatoes just go with roast beef and gravy! Happy I have my frozen veggies in the freezer waiting to be used up!
    I managed to p.m at no frills to sobeys a 10 pound bag $1.99 2 weeks ago,still have half a bag
    But they are 5.99 a bag lately here
    Ciel, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

granger -sorry about the passing of a friend

Nice that you helped out and got a few free items ,wehn my dear mom moved out of her apt years ago she gave my nefew many items
    Ciel, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Done my Sobey’s shop. $79.38oop, $7.50 in Coupons, earned 39AM, submitted receipt for $10 General Mills promo.

I received my CO51 and Caddle rebates cheques this week. I completed 3 trades in the last couple weeks. I’ve received 2 out of the 3 trades and used some of the coupons already.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Jan 15th, 2020 at 10:58 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Granger sorry for the loss of your friend.

When Nanny passed away we got pretty much everything from her house and last night I had a chat with Mom about decided what we want to keep and what we don't. It has been 7 years and we still have not dealt with Nanny stuff which is currently in boxes in various places in our house. Mom really wants to clean the guest room which is probably 70% Nanny Stuff, 20% Mom stuff, 5% furniture we brought when we moved but doesn't fit in this house and 5% is my stuff that I did not realize was put in there so I am pretty sure most of it can go as I have no missed any of it.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Potatoes are so ridiculous right now but I heard there is a potato shortage, funny thing is I haven't really seen the new talking about it but I saw it in a article about restaurants and saying that they may have to find alternative to fries to offer as sides as there maybe a fry shortage.

Before Christmas a few places had them on $1.99/bag and German/Irish heritage and needing my potatoes I bought 6 bags which we are still working through. But yes we have also added more Rice and Pasta which Mom noticed last night that I am making rice more often vs potatoes.
    Ciel, coupon girl and lilo0003 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Potatoes are so ridiculous right now but I heard there is a potato shortage, funny thing is I haven't really seen the new talking about it but I saw it in a article about restaurants and saying that they may have to find alternative to fries to offer as sides as there maybe a fry shortage.

Before Christmas a few places had them on $1.99/bag and German/Irish heritage and needing my potatoes I bought 6 bags which we are still working through. But yes we have also added more Rice and Pasta which Mom noticed last night that I am making rice more often vs potatoes.
    6 bags!! Oh my. I'm lucky to not have to toss a few out from one bag because we didn't use them quick enough. The last bag I bought I paid .99 for 10lbs. I find sometimes my RCSS has too much of something so they lower the price to clear it out. Over the Christmas holiday I bought a 10lb bag of onions for .25 cents!! The onions are perfect!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yeah it's Thursday finally! One more day to Friday! It has been a long week at work and I need out of here. Almost took yesterday afternoon off but I powered through.

Have a great day everyone!
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hi all.
    we have snow today. lots of snow coming, that is ok.
    i am making shepards pie for supper. alll this potato talk. lol.

still waiting to hear about my mom and her pace maker.
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We are still in part of that cold snap. It’s currently -27, 34km/hr wind making it feel like -42. It’s supposed to warm up next Monday. Kids have had indoor recess for the last two weeks.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -off to have swiss chalet with my former work friend ,she is 72 and lives alone with her cat(she has never had children and always said she could have been my mother (not really she just meant she has words of wisdom ) and every year since I left my job I have bought her brandy bean chocolates 5.99 plus a tiny kitty bag of toys (free with scop) and a xmas tea towel 2.70 on clearance at micheals $8.69 not much to spend on a dear friend

We sit there and chat for a few hours .
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ms. Sunshine was weak at the beginning of the morning but came out more later. I brought my faux fur throw along today because I want to sit by the library fireplace in an armchair with a throw on me and a newspaper in hand. It was a joke I made last week but today, that's how I was able to get out the door!

Glad for wearing layers today. Reviewed the grocery flyers and realized that Sobey's Carlton Cards bonus AM offer is only for Friday. 20 AM for buying 2 cards. Took a look at the Longos digital flyers on SC and I did not know that Longo's had a Living Well dept nor sold Manitoba Harvest hemp bars 2 for $5. That must be at certain stores with that dept? Our Ancaster store does not have that dept. nor the hemp bars. Would love if the Burlington and Oakville SCers can point out which of their stores has the section (I suspect the store on Burloak has the dept and product)?

The local community paper had a p. 3 article on what's going to happen at the Rogers Hometown Hockey Tournament in Ancaster this weekend. Today, I connected ongoing work (it began about two weeks before Christmas) at the Ryerson Church steeple (Rogers had a cellphone antenna put in when the steeple was raised/renovated some years ago) with the event--the contractor has 6 big cable lines on the roof, most likely to support the Sunday outdoor broadcast of the NHL game and live commentary from the Morgan Firestone Arena. Until I read the article online Tuesday, I had no clue about the tournament. Then I saw the banners (freshly mounted) along Wilson St. E.

Halton Region has mention of a Hepatitis A case in Oakville-food worker. Details and dates of service, so patrons of the eatery can determine if they dined there during those times: https://www.halton.ca/For-Residents/...ases-A-Z-Index
    Giseledta and lilo0003 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@SassyAshley If there is a local organization that will have employees enter the house to pick up any unwanted furniture (might need to book a date), that might help you convince Mom to pick a deadline (or you get the final say on what goes on the truck). Sounds positive! Bonus points if you get your brother to help shift anything that might be too heavy for you or Mom to move to get to other things.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Sadly, no we have tried to get a few different ones to come in but all of them do not come as far north as we are or I get a very nice email saying they would appreciate the furniture but cannot justify sending a truck but would happily accept if I can get it to them.

Actually I was talking to bro at Christmas and he said if Mom picks a date and decides what she wants gone he will come and get rid of it all for us. Right now until we get a few other things taken care of asking him to come is pointless as getting the furniture out would be a real pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @SassyAshley If there is a local organization that will have employees enter the house to pick up any unwanted furniture (might need to book a date), that might help you convince Mom to pick a deadline (or you get the final say on what goes on the truck). Sounds positive! Bonus points if you get your brother to help shift anything that might be too heavy for you or Mom to move to get to other things.
    Angela273, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@Ciel I like the African proverb about death and libraries. This is why it is important to tell stories about those we lose. I sent one to my friend yesterday about her husband.

While we were blessed with many "things" I did pick a few token items to remember Grandpa. He is not gone, but his dementia is wearing him slowly down. I am enjoying visiting him now that he is in LTC. We couldn't visit for a year because he was in and out of hospital so much and lived 1.5 hours away. He is stubborn and refused to move so we had to wait until his health, and thus living, conditions were deplorable and the POA could be enacted. He is only 30 minutes away now and safe.

I picked out an antique phone and an oil lamp myself and a miniature oil lamp for each of my daughters. I do know my mom and aunt asked all immediate family if they wanted anything and they would put it aside. I was the only grandchild to visit regularly and really know what was in the home. I am sure they put something small aside for everyone just in case. I know the neighbour who was close to grandpa came through after we left.

A lot of the items were going to dump bin in the driveway. The frugal environmentalist in me kicked in and we filled our van. I saved 6 perfectly good garden gnomes that I would have had to pay $40 for new! Always would want in the summer browsing garden decor and never could afford. What wasn't going to the dump bin was going to Habitat to Humanity.
    Last edited by Granger; Thu, Jan 16th, 2020 at 07:21 PM.
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Only one more day until the weekend. I worked late tonight because it’s too early in the year to feel so far behind. DH was out and the kids take care of themselves and now I feel a little less panicky about work. My Checkout 51 cheque arrive fairly quick. I am loving that I can deposit with a picture. I used to carry cheque’s in my wallet forever and finally decided it was time to join the 21st century
    TD advised my account fee will no longer be waived with the minimum 2000.00 and I need to change account types and increase the deposit to 3000. I only kept the account to have a physical bank. So I will close it because I can earn interest if that money is in my Simplii account. I still have a secure line of credit with TD so technically I have a bank if needed.
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information