User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: CRA - NETFILE - Opens Monday - February 24 , 2020.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    ATM check at 9:30am today-no credit! Went to teller and she confirmed no credit in my account. I'll open my account online and watch it. First time I've been so disappointed. At least I bought my Dr. Pepper 6pk at Food Basics first, so I have some consolation.I'll be very irked if the funds don't appear by noon...

*Update: have checked my account online (CRA-claims credit issued! plus my bank one) twice since 1:30pm and *crickets*. Sent a tweet to CRA asking if there is any issue with payments today.
    Some banks reconcile at night.

Check the overall balance of the account sometimes that's higher although the individual CRA refund entry might not be showing.

That individual line might show up later.

Used to happen with my salary.
    ROMEO and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I stayed home Friday (no library, windy and cold day) to relax. Went to ATM this morning-the credit is there. Went to counter to get passbook updated-the credit arrived yesterday. First time that a direct deposit has been late by one day after the stated NOA date. Meanwhile, sibling paid off the Feb. property tax instalment. I'll apply my credit against the April instalment on Monday.

Ottawa's LRT got a snow job on Feb. 27 & 28 and it shows...https://globalnews.ca/news/6602954/o...sday-snowfall/
    ROMEO and Purdee like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

My Timeline for 2020 -

March 5, 2020 (Thursday) - Netfiled

March 16, 2020 (Monday) - NOA available online and Direct Deposit of Refund in the bank.

After I Netfiled, CRA - My Account immediately showed as Assessed and NOA available on March 16.

Express NOA is immediately available in the software through CRA, but detailed full NOA is available after about 10 business days.

First time , I used CRA Autofill with the Tax software to automatically fill up the various T4 & T5 slip. Went without a glitch.

Saved lot of time doing data entry. Usually I waste my time manually entering the Tax slips.

Last year half heartedly I tried to use CRA Autofill with the tax software. But the connection was slow and it was taking time to connect to CRA, so I aborted mid way and just manually entered the slips into the software. Last year I didn't really trust it much.

This year I was more confident using the auto fill.
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Thu, Mar 12th, 2020 at 12:27 AM.
    Purdee and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

See My Account new feature to claim any Uncashed cheques you might have.

$ 1 Billion pending.

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/mobile/1...ques-1.4850839
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

This was last year, when NETFILE opened for tax filing.

Wonder what the date will be this year, due to Covid , shortage of staff etc. CRA busy with CERB, CRB etc.

Wouldn't be surprised if all the T4 slips, T5 slips from employers, banks, investment etc are late in arriving due to Covid and less staff, travel restrictions, Canada Post overwhelmed etc.

Luckily all of mine are electronic/online & nothing comes in mail.
    Ciel and 4sure5 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Most tax software have started arriving - both paid & free versions.

Some are yet to be certified by CRA & some are still Beta versions & not final products.

Anyway some folks like to get a head start and do some rough calculations.

You won't be able to Netfile anyway, as it generally opens in last week of February.

Also most slips like T4, T5 etc are not here. But you don't really need
    those slips if you already know the amounts & have kept your own records & calculation.
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Let's see when they open Netfile this year.

And how they handle paper returns due to Covid. Do you apply hand sanitizer to the forms before you mail them 😁

I am told most CRA drop box locations for dropping tax returns are sealed & closed. So if you do a paper return, you have to mail it. Can't drop it at a centre.
    Not sure . Double check before you waste a trip.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I feel confident that CRA will treat mailed in tax returns much like libraries do with returned library items-72 hold before handling contents in the return bin.

If one does use hand sanitizer before mailing off a tax return, make sure your hands are dry before handling the sealed envelope. Alcohol and other ingredients can weaken the paper and warp pages plus there's the discoloration issue.
    crafter likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information