User Tag List

Page 1241 of 1580 FirstFirst ... 241 741 1141 1191 1231 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1251 1291 1341 ... LastLast
Results 18,601 to 18,615 of 23695
Like Tree139315Likes

Thread: WHAT is YOUR best deal this week?????

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    This is getting crazy with the people shopping. My wifes friend just called my wife and told her that the small NoFrills in Aurora has a lineup that goes for over 6 stores long. Even on one of their busy days you can always get a cart and i have never seen a lineup there before and been shopping there for over thirty years. It wouldnt surprise me if the shelves are not almost cleared off by lunch today.
    I went into a Loblaws yesterday afternoon thinking that since I was passing by, I'd pop in quickly to get a gift card. I've never seen this store even remotely as busy. At that time of day, I can almost always just walk up to a self-checkout. Yesterday, I'd say there were about 20 people lined up. I'd say the lines at the regular checkouts were at least four times longer than I'd expect, and it seemed like everyone's cart was full. At the single open express lane, the line was nearly as long as the self-checkout one.

Suffice it to say I left without buying the GC, but was curious enough to go check out the paper products aisle. Unsurprisingly, there was zero toilet paper on the shelves and only a few boxes of facial tissues.
    Linda Evans and Thatdone like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am hoarding lemons! and Gin! and Tonic!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Great idea! My local Freestone (discount fruit/vegetable) had boxes of Sunkist Lemons for $15-I'd say about 70 lemons per box. I was so tempted to get one but my fridge is still full of the 30 lb box of oranges I got last week.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    I am hoarding lemons! and Gin! and Tonic!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

About 10 years ago I bought dh a Helly Hansen ski jacket. It was pretty expensive. Just knew it was a good brand and knew it was the perfect coat for him. 10 years later the zipper broke. He contacted Helly. Hansen and they had us send pictures and because it is the professional model, they gave him a $400 credit for their website. So he got brand new coat plus had enough money leftover to also get a fleece! Unbeknownst to me all those years ago, I did good shopping!
    Silk, Purdee, Tweets77 and 11 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I don't know about the rest of the country but gas is dropping 9 cents a litre at midnight so hold off if you can!!!

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Panic buying is out of control. Most of the shelves cleared out of toilet paper, canned goods, rice, pasta etc. Staff at NoFrills had to limit people to 2 cases of water per customer when they took out the new skids. Stay safe out there folks. Can't imagine how busy the stores will be tommorow and Sunday if there is anything left.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

The worker @ T&T didn't even get time to put the price tag on the TP display/skid before it was almost all gone. Wow...
    Last edited by CheriLyn; Fri, Mar 13th, 2020 at 06:33 PM.
    Thatdone likes this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Stealth View Post
    Panic buying is out of control. Most of the shelves cleared out of toilet paper, canned goods, rice, pasta etc. Staff at NoFrills had to limit people to 2 cases of water per customer when they took out the new skids. Stay safe out there folks. Can't imagine how busy the stores will be tommorow and Sunday if there is anything left.
    Yup. Much the same at my RCSS. I head into work tonight and I'll see what's even left of the store when I get there!!!
    Thatdone likes this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Molly View Post
    I don't know about the rest of the country but gas is dropping 9 cents a litre at midnight so hold off if you can!!!
    Thank goodness I've got enough for a little bit longer (A quarter tank), so I may wait a few more days to see if it drops more. I know it may be a horrible thing to say, but these lower prices on gas aren't such a bad thing. Helps keep my budget in line a little more. Now's to hoping I don't have to take time off work...
    sweetmomma, Thatdone and DarkNova like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CheriLyn View Post
    This morning, my dad told me that our local Metro (24hrs) was cleared out overnight! This situation is getting very serious...
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Stealth View Post
    Empty shelves at my local SDM and Jean Coutu too. Like most couponers, I stock up on tissues, TP, paper towels and dry goods when there's a sale and especially when there's a promotion - like the recent Royale Rewards promo. Nice to be able to skip the panic - another plus to being a couponer
    Have a great life!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Last week, Kim Phat had Classico Organics pasta sauce for .99 so I got 8. Short expiry date of April 2020.
    Got 2 big packs of ground beef and made beef and sauce and froze them.

My Provigo has no limit on Cashmere toilet paper so got enough for me, my mom, and my daughter who is moving out in the summer.
    Selling for $4.99 with 2000 points each.

Yesterday, did an online order at maxi.ca
    Got 5 x 8kg of No Name rice, 16 x cans of Chunky soup
    Total of $101.90, use $30 off code
    OOP $71.90
    DH has been going to Maxi every day to try to find rice and none on the shelf and line ups at the cash was crazy.
    Now there is no more of the 8 kg rice online.
    So glad I made my order yesterday. So many people ordering online that it keeps crashing. As soon as it was up, I placed my order.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Thank goodness I've got enough for a little bit longer (A quarter tank), so I may wait a few more days to see if it drops more. I know it may be a horrible thing to say, but these lower prices on gas aren't such a bad thing. Helps keep my budget in line a little more. Now's to hoping I don't have to take time off work...
    Here in Thunder Bay is has dropped a whole 5 cents (presently $1.19.9 at most stations)
    ROMEO and Thatdone like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    Last week, Kim Phat had Classico Organics pasta sauce for .99 so I got 8. Short expiry date of April 2020.
    Got 2 big packs of ground beef and made beef and sauce and froze them.

My Provigo has no limit on Cashmere toilet paper so got enough for me, my mom, and my daughter who is moving out in the summer.
    Selling for $4.99 with 2000 points each.

Yesterday, did an online order at maxi.ca
    Got 5 x 8kg of No Name rice, 16 x cans of Chunky soup
    Total of $101.90, use $30 off code
    OOP $71.90
    DH has been going to Maxi every day to try to find rice and none on the shelf and line ups at the cash was crazy.
    Now there is no more of the 8 kg rice online.
    So glad I made my order yesterday. So many people ordering online that it keeps crashing. As soon as it was up, I placed my order.
    Here is my experience.

Maxi groceries is way cheaper than Provigo in general.
    I wanted to stock up on rice because I'm buying for other people too.
    The No Name rice 8kg went up from $11 to $13.98 from the last time we bought it at Maxi. There is no stock anywhere.

Decided to play around and I go to provigo.ca and the same bag of rice is $11.99!
    And the Chunky soup was 1 cent cheaper!
    Cancelled my maxi.ca order and ordered at provigo.ca and was able to get extra groceries with same OOP.

Yay me.

Moral of the story is, check around what each store is selling the items you're interested in. Compare prices.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Gas for 75.9at costco I had a half tank but it only cost $26 to fill up unreal

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Read an article (sorry to not recall where) where while drivers think this is great for cheaper fuel, it is an indication that the economy is in trouble and this will percolate to cause issues elsewhere. So I guess enjoy while it does not affect you.

Thread Information