User Tag List

View Poll Results: QOTD: Did you do a coronavirus grocery shop or did you do your regular grocery shop?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't need to do a coronavirus grocery haul

5 22.73%
  • Yes, I did a coronavirus shop for groceries

2 9.09%
  • I have a stockpile already so I'm good

16 72.73%
  • What is coronavirus?

1 4.55%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Coronavirus shopping: did you fill a grocery cart or did just normal grocery shop?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Good news: driving on the highway, there was a truck in front of me. FreshCo. On the way to a store. So they are stocking stores. Yay.

More good news: in the poll, nobody chose "what is coronavirus"
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Thu, Mar 19th, 2020 at 07:30 PM.
    princessjen and GoodBoy like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They have changed the rules to allow them to deliver 24x7. Hoping that will help the stock situation!

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Good news: driving on the highway, there was a truck in front of me. FreshCo. On the way to a store. So they are stocking stores. Yay.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

As I have been on here for years and couponed for 30 years I do have a pretty decent stockpile ,so I don't need to buy toilet paper or paper towels ,I have 2 canisters of Lysol wipes also

But I didn't have a variety of frozen meats as I have been sick and had a cold last week before all this started ,yesterday I was able to find chicken breast strips at freshco

So I will wait for more meat as I will use up some I have fish,half a ham ,pork tenderloin ,Maybe go out and try to get chicken next week .

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    As I have been on here for years and couponed for 30 years I do have a pretty decent stockpile ,so I don't need to buy toilet paper or paper towels ,I have 2 canisters of Lysol wipes also

But I didn't have a variety of frozen meats as I have been sick and had a cold last week before all this started ,yesterday I was able to find chicken breast strips at freshco

So I will wait for more meat as I will use up some I have fish,half a ham ,pork tenderloin ,Maybe go out and try to get chicken next week .
    Hope you feel better soon.

We have been shopping Costco since January:
    Kirkland Signature chicken in a can was on sale. We stocked up.
    Frozen organic fruit on sale. We cashed in.
    Healthy low fat low sodium crackers on sale. Crunch crunch.
    Organic lentil soup case. In the pantry.
    Vitamin sales. Medicine cabinet replenished.
    Ciel, coupon girl and walkonby like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Hope you feel better soon.

We have been shopping Costco since January:
    Kirkland Signature chicken in a can was on sale. We stocked up.
    Frozen organic fruit on sale. We cashed in.
    Healthy low fat low sodium crackers on sale. Crunch crunch.
    Organic lentil soup case. In the pantry.
    Vitamin sales. Medicine cabinet replenished.
    We shop there all the time and I have never seen it. Is the can a full chicken or parts of the chicken
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    We shop there all the time and I have never seen it. Is the can a full chicken or parts of the chicken
    coupon girl, walkonby and Thatdone like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I only buy what I need, so basically my regular shopping and a few extras (things I normally wouldn't buy, like candy/licorice, pop, chips) as comfort foods.

When I am at the stores, I keep my 2m or more from people, avoiding them like the plague. I use self checkout when possible, and if a store doesn't have self checked out then I scan the items myself and tell the cashier to simply operate the till.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I went on a mission yesterday to grab a few more things we would need if we were self isolating. Our bread machine broke a month or so ago, we had been waiting to replace but we decided now was the time as if need be we can now make all out own bread. This meant I also needed to pick up more yeast just to be safe (that was an adventure, I went to 14 stores to find it).

Also just grabbed odds and ends as I was in stores, including Tylenol since they say if you get Covid-19, do not take Advil, which is our normal go to and we have in the house. I think we are stocked up now but I must admit this is causing my anxiety to go off and even this morning I was questioning if I needed to run out and grab anything today.
    Ciel, sweetmomma, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

We added a few extra frozen veggies and potatoes to our purchases last week but not a "coronavirus shop" For the most part we keep a decent stock of items in our home because we shop south and only go out every few months. Weekly shops tend to be perishable items or the stuff we've run out of.
    Ciel and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    We added a few extra frozen veggies and potatoes to our purchases last week but not a "coronavirus shop" For the most part we keep a decent stock of items in our home because we shop south and only go out every few months. Weekly shops tend to be perishable items or the stuff we've run out of.
    We are doing more frozen items too. And some canned items. Less fresh in case we get a power outage and things spoil. For milk, we bought the Tetra pack instead of the refrigerated, since it lasts longer.

When the eggs are done, we won't get more until the next sale.
    Ciel and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

something positive about coronavirus: Neil Diamond changed Sweet Caroline to a song about coronavirus

Purdee, Ciel, Poirot and 1 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We should stay at home and not go out, cut off the transmission of the virus, coupled with the efforts of medical staff, we will definitely be able to eliminate the virus.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Well, i did my weekly grocery shopping this morning. I have most things already but needed things like milk, ground beef, lettuce, etc. Anyway, the Maxi in my town opens at 7 AM for seniors. So i was there at around 7:30 AM. there was only a handful of people there and everyone was keeping their distance. As you walked into the store, a person was stationed there and you had to wash your hands and take a sanitized buggy. All the workers are wearing gloves. all the cashiers are behind plexi glass. And only debit or credit cards are accepted. No cash. Bags are provided for the groceries and you have to bag your own. I also brought my own Clorox wipes and hand sanitizer.

Then i stopped in at Metro which opens at 8 AM. Before you even got into the store, there is a Security Guard posted there and he asked a bunch of questions which are also written on a large cardboard thingy outside. When the security guard is satisified with answers, you can go in and are greeted by another person who directs you to wash your hands at one of several washing stations. Then you get a sanitized buggy. As at Maxi, the employees all wear gloves, and some with direct contact wear masks. Plexi-glass at cashiers station and you bag your own groceries.

We have a special phone njumber for grocery delivery. But the wait is approximately 1 week. So if i order like today, i would have to wait until exactly 1 week from today for my delivery. Which to me doesnt make any sense. I know the grocery stores in my area are hiring temporary workers.

I give kudos to all the workers there and personally thank them for working. They are providing a service to all of us at the rist of their health.
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I was surprised at the clearout of No Name popping kernels when I went today to get a bag. Air popping must have become popular in the past month as only once in the past two years do I recall a stockout of this item. There were microwave popcorn products and a few Jiffy Pop pans still on the half-full shelves. No popcorn for me (though why I did not get a Smart Foods popcorn bag with my pop I don't know; I went for Easter chocolate).
    sweetmomma likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information