User Tag List

Page 1255 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 255 755 1155 1205 1245 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1265 1305 1355 1755 ... LastLast
Results 18,811 to 18,825 of 29298
Like Tree118407Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Silk, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

This probably won't show up...but it's the kids' 1st self-isolation project...I think it was green when they bought it off buy&sell here...the 3 of them all had a hand in painting it! It's in their sitting-room...

Silk, GoJays, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Skippy, GoJays and Thatdone like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    This probably won't show up...but it's the kids' 1st self-isolation project...I think it was green when they bought it off buy&sell here...the 3 of them all had a hand in painting it! It's in their sitting-room...
    <snip>
    Wow - that's really nice! They did a great job
    Last edited by Silk; Sun, Mar 22nd, 2020 at 07:24 AM.
    Skippy and Lynn49 like this.
    Have a great life!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hi good morning all.

It’s a little chilly out today waiting for the sun to come up to give Thor a walk. We are mostly indoors except for my DH who has to go to work. Did went to Fortinos for some flour that’s on sale but was out of luck. I still have some but this is a staple that we used everyday. My DDS don’t want me or my DH to be out and about unnecessary.

I am not confident that people coming back are self isolating for the 14 days required.

Stay safe and have a great Sunday all
    Skippy, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning @flemeth I was lucky enough to find a 10kg bag of No Name flour at RCSS yesterday for $7.98. There were only about a half dozen of them first thing in the morning, plus one bag of Robin Hood, which I'm sure was almost double the price of the No Name brand. I wasn't desperate for it yet, but like you, it's something I always have on hand. Of course, DH took the cart down another aisle and I had to hunt for him with this giant bag of flour in my arms
    @Lynn49 - that cabinet looks amazing! I love the inside of it And I nearly spit my coffee out when I saw your self-haircut picture
    Skippy, Silk, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!

It's our Daughter's birthday today, 43....we're waiting until 10am to call her and sing happy birthday. I've always done that, but she's usually been at work, lol.
    We've all been self-isolating as much as possible, she did have to run out yesterday for a few staples and picked up a few things for us.

Funny story....they wanted to paint that unit, so she called our local Sherwin William's....yes they were sort-of open...they passed her the deck of paint swatches through the door, they chose the colour, she called them with their choice, returned and they passed the paint through the doorway! Then she went to Bouclair to pick up the wallpaper for the interior of the hutch because as she said, "they ARE an essential service", hahaha! Anyhoodles, the project is completed in a day..now they need another one and she's eyeing her Hubby's music buffet.

@GoJays , that paper looks a little strange but the colour is really a pearl with a slight hint of the same light teal as the paint.
    Oh you gave me a giggle!! My DH wanders off in grocery stores too, but at least I have the cart! Hahaha! Still, locating him when I'm done isn't always fun when I'm d-o-n-e!

Btw: isn't it nice, quiet, and respectful here lately?!

Everyone, stay in as much as possible, be safe.....praying for all of us...
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Mar 22nd, 2020 at 10:05 AM.
    Skippy and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good morning! Did you say the cabinet was teal? I am seeing it as white. Is this one of those "gold or blue" dress things?

Whatever colour, they did a fine job!

I am going to try to watch a Virtual church service this morning at 10:30.

Not feeling that great. Tummy troubles.

Took Tootie out- a little crispy out there.

I Like your story about the paint, @Lynn49 .

BFN
    Silk, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Good day to all my fellow shut ins!
    I wish I'd had the hindsight to chronicle my thoughts, fears and feelings about Covid-19 in a diary or journal...like in early February when we all kind of suspected the animals had already left the barn but we were still trying to figure out how to close those gates.
    Remember when the first Corona beer memes popped up? Fun times.
    Not many of us are laughing now eh?

I shudder at each news update from Italy and New York. Today I was sent a video that pretty much shows the disastrous missteps that Trump made from day one ( I posted it in the Political thread ) .
    Oh heck I'll add it here, hope it does not offend anyone, I know viruses should NOT be a political football.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vnB...ew?usp=sharing
    @Lynn49 the kids did a great job on that pretty cabinet! Oh and Happy 43rd Birthday to your DD!!! @avoncallingu Ikwym about getting out but still being careful and diligent wrt distancing yourself from others at the store.

Oh..I have a question...can I feed my cats dog food? Rufus is not eating much at all, almost nothing now and I had bought all that healthy all natural dog food a few weeks back. We only have 2 cans of the wet cat food left and one 1.4 kg bag of the dry stuff. me thinks the cats are going to be served dog food unless I hear otherwise....lol.
    Last edited by walkonby; Sun, Mar 22nd, 2020 at 05:17 PM.
    Skippy, Silk and Lynn49 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@walkonby , thank you, I'll pass your birthday wishes along to her...she remembers meeting you. Whenever I say, "(your name) this or that...", she stops me and says, " Hang on....ok, yep..." while she remembers who you are, hahaha!

I think dog food is fine, the only thing may be the fat content...NOPE! I just looked it up....cats need taurine and more meats, whereas dogs are omnivores and can eat grains, etc and cats need more water in their foods. It's ok in the short-run, apparently...maybe mix some dogwood into the wet for a while?

As to this virus, I guess any questions we had in the beginning have been answered. DD and I were wondering, though, why Italy and Spain have been so hard-hit so of course we asked Google...much has been attributed to the living conditions where extended families live in close proximity, often young and old un the same home, so the elderly are more susceptible to getting the virus. The question remains, what are the ages of those who died from the virus in those areas.

I saw a video of NYC's Times Square and it's so sad to see how relatively empty it is. I guess our DD and I were also lucky to be there when this problem was only on the horizon.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Good morning! Did you say the cabinet was teal? I am seeing it as white. Is this one of those "gold or blue" dress things?

Whatever colour, they did a fine job!

I am going to try to watch a Virtual church service this morning at 10:30.

Not feeling that great. Tummy troubles.

Took Tootie out- a little crispy out there.

I Like your story about the paint, @Lynn49 .

BFN
    Hahaha....."blue/gold dress thing"! I think the camera, likely a phone, distorted the colour.....it really is, according to our DD, is a very light real. I can't wait to see it in person. One day. Easter? Which is now when her b'day will be celebrated. Gives me more time to get well enough to do a painting for her...I'm SO anxious to get to it!

I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well...and hope you have 'the stuff' to help you feel better.
    Silk and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Glad to see everyone is doing fine while hunkering down!
    Be a blessing to someone today!(I feel blessed just reading through the thread!)
    Silk, avoncallingu, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Thread Information