User Tag List

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree1843Likes

Thread: March 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy -thanks for the tip -I tried it with the baking powder and it bubbled up a lot I just looked at the bottle of canola oil and it expired jan2020-so maybe that is the reason .

My daughter calls me everyday ,when she is out with Sebastian ,today her hubby took him on his trike for a walk and she was making knotted garlic rolls on her lunch hour inbtween working -yumm.She said "mom think of it as we are on a long extended trip and we will see you when we get back" I laughed .My daughter's friend had to cancel her wedding next month -ahhh
    So nice doing laundry in the day when I have the energy ,I have done 2 loads already and washed my floors today -that's enough for me for the day.

Supper tonight pasta with garlic bread
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Mar 25th, 2020 at 03:43 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon everyone!!!! Bad news my dad lost his job temporary with the crisis because he is 71 years old. he is a taxi driver..And we have no plan b or c yet...

Went for a long walk for changing my mind...

Supper will be croissant with turkey sandwich not to hungry tonight.,.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

afternoon all...
    spent some time chatting with middle child. some pretty heavy stuff. but all is good.
    chatting with hubby with my plans for the daycare.
    spent a hour outside... was good to feel the sun on my face. very very needed.

supper tonight is homemade hamburger helper, and garlic bread. hubby will be happy.
    i am off in a min to spend 20 min on the daycare rooms. i have been avoiding them... i know why.. but i need to get it done. i can handle 20 min. then start supper and get the kitchen cleaned.
    ROMEO, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

We watched my niece and nephew today. My SIL is a nurse (she only saw one patient) the rest were all screening and phone calls. They also had a death in the family (her husband's side, his grandfather had a stroke). They are the only family we are seeing right now, but they are also not distancing enough from other family members right now for my liking. I don't want to rescind my offer for child care. See where it goes. I offered to watch the kids on Friday for the funeral so she doesn't have to take them and worry about physical distancing/exposure with them.

The kids had a good day. They were all very well behaved (better than when it is just my three). My niece and nephew didn't want to leave. So sweet. They also haven't had social contact with other children in over a week.
    Last edited by Granger; Wed, Mar 25th, 2020 at 05:31 PM.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went on my bike today ,its a recumbent for 5 minutes its a start
    I then went for a walk kept my distance from one other guy that was walking ,saw two men not social distancing -it really bothers me ,but what can you do .

I mean I am not even seeing my grandkids ,(not just because I have shingles either )mind you I love talking to them each day .My last pill is at 7.00 p.m yes . I only took 3 Tylenol while I had it ,cant wait to grocery shop on fri/sat or sun -mind you I will be going as soon as the store opens for sure .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I didn't leave the house at all yesterday but wanted to get romaine and clementines today last day of sale. I spent $3.63 on the above plus a cucumber and a taco kit. Then at Superstore i spend $21 and change but redeemed $20 in pts so just under $5 real money spent today. I bought 2x cereal for DS. 2 x juice, popsicles, 1 bag of chips, sour cream ( 3 sealed containers and 1 opened now in fridge we are good for the next month for tacos/fahitas and perogies!)butter, 2 x ceaser dressing ( for ceasar salad and wraps) No shopping till next week. Nothing really interested me in the upcoming flyers.

I ended up doing 2 more loads of laundry. Asked oldest if he wanted me to wash his bedding as he was getting ready for work and he did so he stripped his bed for me. I have it folded ready for him to make his bed.

I am done for the day. Netflix time.
    Giseledta, Purdee, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The weather has decent this week. My kids haven’t gone in our vehicle in 11 days. We are staying home and sometimes go for a walk. Drawing with chalk, blowing bubbles, bike riding, scavenger hunt, playing in the puddles and mud in the back yard. My tulips are growing in front of our house. Inside we have been reading books, flash cards, playing board games, played crib with dh, colouring, some crafts, educational shows, and educational apps on my old phone.

Dh is an essential service, so working the same hours as usual. They made some policy changes a couple of weeks ago in an attempt to keep them safe. I’ve succeeded in going grocery shopping once a week. It takes me about 1/2hr to shop at the beginning of the day, when it is less busy.

I’ve been getting a decent amount of sleep, but still waking up exhausted. I’m in constant pain and I wish this migraine, etc. would calm down. Clearly doctors, dentists, etc. have other priorities right now.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Mar 25th, 2020 at 11:26 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

It’s too late for some but save your PC offers if you have any worth saving. I thought yesterday was Wednesday so already save mine.
    We had a great video chat tonight with family. It’s nice to stay connected in these crazy times.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Lilo during our Tuesday meeting quite a few people said it felt like Friday and my body was like oh that sounds good. I am now so lost, I have no clue what day it is. Now with Mom off and me working from home everyday my routine is so far off right now and I have no clue what day it is.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning last night I chatted with my sister-in-law and put it on speaker so hubby could chat too -I have to commend my 24 year old niece as she is not seeing her boyfriend who lives out of town (she is following the rules )

Finished my pills last night and rash is gone not even faint red like it was on Tuesday night .
    So off to shoppers this morning I went right at 8.00 for seniors day .What a stark reality as I haven't been in stores for 10 days ,limit 2 on bread products ,limit 2 on the milk ,no Tylenol but I bent down and found one 230 pills extra strength24.99-20%=19.99 I paid that don't know if that's a good or fair price but I need it for the future as I am down to 20 pills .
    I even got a pkg of 3 chicken breasts10.00-20%=8.00 so that made my day a few other deals
    Case of lemon ice tea 4.49-20%=3.59
    big Cadbury chocolate bar5.79-20%=4.63-1,000 personal points =3.63 a nice treat haven't had any chocolate in a month
    restoralax 19.49-20%=15.59-3.00 cpn=12.59 something I don't want to run out of for me!lol
    (2) vector bars 4.49-20%=3.59-1.00 cpn=2.59
    (3) pears 3.09 after discount plus 600 personal points =2.49 an older lady far from me said do you know they are a 1.00 each -yes I said
    plus a few other items -no toilet paper maybe next time I will get one if I see it as I am down to 2 pkgs

spent 95 and got a 10.00 promo card which I didn't even know was on -bonus

Th e cashier was older maybe 66-68 in age and she told me if they gets worse I am out of here ,she is tired of people yelling at her when they are out of items or limit items -I told her hang in there and have a nice day.

Hubby and I just went for a 35 minute walk -increasing it see .now off to do laundry and sit out back

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I really do feel bad for cashiers through all of this. I have seen so many people be rude to them as they think they are the exception to the rule.

It is hard to everyone, but it is the same people blaming Costco for not being prepared for this. How do you prepare for this?
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

noone saw this coming. the markets are a mess.
    both my girls are working at SDM.. both get yelled at daily. think about that.... with all the information about.. hey.. be nice... my girls come home crying . it is simply not needed.

i am set to reopen the daycare on April 6 . i am just not sure. part of me wants to leave it shut for another 2 weeks after that... they are saying it will peak here in 2- 3 weeks.
    and yes.. i am not sleeping.

ok. today.. plan is to redo the small dc closet.. it needs a good sort... then maybe i can put some stuff in there...
    45 min on the dc .
    i was going to work outside... but its cold out.... and windy.
    i may just work inside for a bit...

supper is manicotti...

maybe a game of uno with my girls.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Giseledta, Mom's work is supposed to be reopen on April 8th, part of me hopes they do not open. I just do not know if we have done enough yet especially since we hear about so many people ignoring the warnings and still living "normal" life.

I know cases are spiking here and they say it is now spreading through community interaction which scares me.
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I went to shoppers drug mart and spent a tonne of money. They had throw back Pepsi there so I bought 3 of them. They had no toilet paper. I am very tired today. Thinking about going back to sleep. They had milk there lots and some eggs.

I’m going to stay home now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

My son just emailed me with about 4 pictures of the girls and what they did yesterday and today ,finger painting on paper on the patio door ,playing magnets building with them .He said at the end love you and really miss you -ahh I had a tear in my eye .If my grandkids were older I would go and look at them thru their window but they wouldn't understand being so young . They would want to run out and see us .

My dear daughter called me for 10 minutes before her conference call ,she said she feels burnt out today .I tried to reassure her only one day left ,but then she has to work about 6 hours on the weekend to make up the time missing with a toddler .
    Today Sebastian said mommy "I miss my friends ,will you play with me "ahhhhh.

Stay safe friends -off to do my dishes .
    Ciel, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information