User Tag List

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree1924Likes

Thread: May 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

lots of people are having house .. backyard get togethers in my area.
    it is becoming more common.......

ok. busy day...

went to a local garden store, first thing, got lemon grass , a couple herbs, and some marygold.
    came home... made 2 pots for the side door, 1 pot for my mom, one for my front deck, and a hanging basket for my front deck... all had mosquito replent pants.
    moved a rose of sharon,
    planted peppers, leeks, carrots, zuccini, orgenao, thyme
    did quick trip to shoppers, then my moms.. dropped off her planter. i hope it helps.
    got the front yard done.. it will need it again, but for now it looks good
    hubby went and got arbys.
    i am exhusted, and managed to give myself a nice sunburn...

rain is set to start tomorrow at 11... i am hoping.. i can get outside tomorrow , and finish up some planting. i have alot to do .
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thanks lilo for the tip -I was gonna purchase one from them at the Burlington store you mentioned they are 8.50 each ,but I have a box of 9 face masks I got at Canadian tire way back in sept -mailed one to my daughter in Toronto.

Just noticed old navy is selling some but on back order til june 15

Lilo have you purchased anything from that online store that you mentioned ?just curious

gesileta -yes one neighbour a few doors down was sitting out front with her hubby listening to easy music then a few neighbour walked over some getting a bit too close ,we sat in our garage for a bit -it was nice seeing the dad play basketball with his son I noticed the other way on my street .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sun, May 17th, 2020 at 08:04 AM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Giseledta admire your gardening skills, I wish I had some. All I am good at is killing plants.

A few years ago we tried to do container gardening and things grew but most plants did not produce. The few that did the wildlife got as when I went to it pick it we always found little bite marks.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Im envious of all the garners in the group too. I think i will plant in my small garden a few veggies. Will give it a go since i have the time this summer and will be close to home.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

all veggies are in. and seeds planted. Back fence section has been weeded and flowers, skitter plants planted. , planted 3 mini rows of red onions, and a row of spinach
    I still have alot of work ahead, but i am done for today

rain can come anytime , and i will be ok. lol.
    i need to put down grass seed as well. but i am just to sore today.

ok, rest of the day rest. and relax.. hmm. can i do that.. hmm.
    will tidy the kitcehn when i make supper.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon today is the last day for a grocery pickup.
    I will plant 2 tomato plants on my back deck like I have done the past few years ,last year they were huge and wonderfull except when the caterpillar ate a chunk out of one .

Well guess who went into a store today I did,and it was Dollarama at 10.00 when it opened I was third in line and the only one with a mask on ,it wasn't that bad and I got hand sanitizer "one step" you were allowed 3 so I got 3 so happy (one for my daughter and son maybe ).

Wow I spent 72.00 at Dollarama and I use to make fun of my daughter-in-law for spending 60.00 mind you I got 3 compost bags and 6 paint brushes for hubby ,wax paper.clothespin bag,dish tabs and laundry soap plus a bunch of other stuff ,felt good to see normal prices not online jacked up prices on a fair amount of stuff.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good day all was busy all morning outside cleaning the garden for planting. My DH will be the one doing the planting and I will be the one harvesting .
    @Giseledta what are you planting from seeds just curious. And what veggies did you plant you sounds like a real professional gardener and know your stuff
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Plants- tomato , red and yellow peppers, plus 1 hot chili pepper ( i use for chili powder. )
    Zuccini, Potatoes, garlic, leeks , carrots,

from seed...
    lettuce, spinach, romaine, radish, peas, cucumbers
    red onion sets,

Fruits i have...
    rhubarb,, red current and strawberries

herbs-
    cilantro , sage, oregano , bay leaf, rosemary, thyme, basil , lemon grass

keep in mind ... alot , and i mean alot can be easily grown in containers. basic large 10 gallon pot from dollerama.. 1 tomato plant.
    hanging basket you dont use anymore... 4 strawberry plants.
    onion sets.... stick a few inth ground .. and they willl grow.
    or Swagbucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thank you @gisel sdta my DH will be planting Butternut squash, zucchini, Ghost peppers, habanero, scotch bonnet, bitter melon, cucumbers, tomatoes, and what ever he find once he get to a Gardner centre

Our oregano plant is growing back from last year also the chives we have 2 raise bed and my DH plant also in the 10 gallon bucket.

I want a Rosemary and basil plant

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I got up with my alarm clock this morning and headed to WM at 8am. Our kids have grown so much that they needed bigger underwear and socks. I picked up some other necessities and was done by 9am. I’ve already washed and dried 2 loads of laundry today.

The garden is planted. It took my 1.5hrs. Everything except the 15 tomato plants that I’ll buy from my farmer’s market lady. Lots of peas, 8 potatoes, 5 short rows of yellow beans, 2 long rows of Swiss chard, 7 long rows of carrots, 1 long row of leaf lettuce, 1 long row of radishes, 2 zucchinis, 1 lavender plants. My dill, chives, and red rhubarb plants are looking good. I’ll buy 1 cherry tomato plant and 15 large type tomato plants. Last year I grew brandy win and beefsteak tomatoes.

Our kids played outside with their water table for the first time this year. They have a corner of the garden that they can do what they want with. Sunscreen, hats, and 3hrs of fun.

I sold more kids clothes, e-transfer and countless pick up. $23 back in my account.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, May 17th, 2020 at 04:50 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well I am now done with online groceries -I feel its okay to go out there now with a mask look went to Dollarama today.

They called me from fortinos and said did you see your online order we substituted the flour with five roses then I said"did you give me the price of 4.99 oh yes" nope on the bill charged 5.99 so I called for the 1.00 credit .Then they had no small brick name cheese ,no chocolate bars(I am fine with) ,no bananas .I don't get it when she called me at 4.30 p.m I said I cant believe you have no bananas ",would you like me to add some" -yes please I said about 4 or 5 bananas .Then she called me back" did you want 4 or 5 bunches of bananas"-no I said there is only 2 of us .

So glad I am not doing this anymore .
    So went to order a cloth mask from the site lilo told me about -none .
    Went online to the old navy site -none all sold out .
    reitmans sold out last week .

So I may ask my daughter-in-law this week if there are any on her mom group on face book.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    I have become one of those people, we started to move more stuff to the Pantry, all of the parts bags and bags that would not stand properly started to annoy me so everything is now going in Jars. I went and dug some jars out of the basement and washed them so I can fill them tomorrow.

This project is snow balling, there are so many things we now want to move around now.

Although we did not get as much done today as I had planned, it felt everything took longer than expected. Plus I did not plan to move everything around in the basement to get more jars. We still need to tackle the Spice Drawer and Spice Shelf.

I think tomorrow instead of cleaning we will just fill the jars put them away and then move into meal prep. Although I did some tonight, well I was making dinner I chopped up some Cucumber for Salads, and Carrots and Celery to snack on. Also there was one stalk of Celery that had gone bad in the middle of the bag so I took them all out, washed them and chopped off any parts that were getting a little soft.

I still need to come up with a plan for tomorrow, I know we need to grate more Parmesan Cheese, we buy the big wedge from Costco and grate it ourselves and store in a mason jar in the fridge. I am also thinking of making some Homemade Pizza Pops for the freezer. I am trying to come up with more Breakfast and Lunch options that I can just grab on the days when I have early and back to back meetings where getting meals in is hard. When this whole working remotely thing started I thought it is going to be great, I am going to eat so well but it has become the opposite, I am back to skipping meals and just grabbing junks cause it is 2 pm and I have no eaten or it is 9:45 and I have a 10 am meeting.

This morning before I got started I was cleaning out my email and checking some Blogs I follow to try to get some inspiration. I think there is one blogger I am going to stop following, they used to be all about healthy natural cooking but I have noticed over the last 6 or so months they have started using more and more pre packaged and canned foods. I did find a few new recipes, tomorrow morning I will need to come up with a plan.

Hope everyone had a wonderful night.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning just went on the old navy site and they have more masks in set of 5 for 15.00-on back order til june 15 so I ordered them ,plus a pair of shorts for hubby half off (hope they fit went down a size according to comments -that they are big)top for Ashlyn for back to school in the fall 4.00 and a short sleeve top for Sebastian for school 10.00(henley button one as he is a bit solid and some t-shirts are hard to get over his head .Nothing for cara as she has a ton of clothing from my daughter-in-laws sister ,anyway I have a cash register toy from Sebastian for her .

Nothing for me as I don't need clothing will make do as I got a few summer clothing the past 6 months from thrift shopping and a new long skirt I got last summer at the bay .

First online clothing shop since feb16,so happy I did it and now I will have cloth masks for me -yessss.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Mon, May 18th, 2020 at 07:14 AM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy Victoria Day all! Have my Starbucks Venti coffee in hand. Used stars so no $ needed. So happy they recently reopened for pickup.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I used my Starbucks birthday reward on Sunday, it was the 1st take out coffee since March 8th, think of the money I have saved. For anyone with the Starbucks app they are letting you use the reward within 6 weeks of your birthday for the time being. It’s going to be a lazy day here. It’s cold and raining so no planting today. I may drive to the garden centre to see if I can find my last few vegetables.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information