User Tag List

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree1924Likes

Thread: May 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all, cool rain here. very ... chilly.
    going to take it easy , just chill forthe day.
    Tomorrow, i need to do a small home hardwear run, for a few items. and watch P. ford, and min of ed. and see what thier plans for the province are.
    formulate protocals and plans for kids entering my home.

i have most of the stuff for my yard, that i need.... i am ... looking for a table of some sort.. or something to do crafts, small group activites at.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning!
    We were already to go hiking and it started to rain! Hopefully it clears up later today. I don't feel like doing anything today.
    We ate well all weekend. Friday we made grilled portabella mushrooms on the grill with riced cauliflower and pasta salad. Sat we made veggie pasta sauce with pasta. Last night we had taco salad.
    Tonight we are thinking pizza!
    Fridge is empty lol need to get some fresh stuff tomorrow. Also have appt. For new tires. Will get even better gas mileage with the winter tires off so something to look forward to.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Turned into another day of cleaning, originally I was just going to tidy up a few things from yesterday and meal prep. Mom woke up not feeling well so I thought this was the perfect plan, I would meal prep and she could chill on the couch, this did not happen.

When I started working on the pantry Mom came to help. As we started moving stuff around Mom announced, let's tackle the Spice drawer and Spice Shelf, who was I to say no. Still have a few things I want to move in the Pantry but I need to clean other areas so I can move some stuff around. The Spice Drawer now has room in it for more spices and the Spice Shelf has a few spices (bigger bottles that won't fit int he drawer) but this shelf will now be re purposed.

Tomorrow when I take a break from working, I will start to move some of our dishes around.

Does anyone else find on weekends when you should have tons of time to cook, dinners are end up being what can we make quick. Today all of a sudden it was 5:30, no plan for dinner so we had hot dogs.

I feel like this long weekend flew by, we got a lot done but I do not know, it just did not really feel like a long weekend.

I was looking through our food today and I have to say, we are really holding up well when it comes to food this month. Last month the week before we went shopping we were starting to get creative for meals, this time I still feel we are well stocked. This week I will start to plan for our next shopping trip, the one thing I do want to look at is more frozen fruit and veggie options, we still have both on hand but I would like more variety.

Off to relax a bit before bed. Hope everyone had a wonderful long weekend.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I had a 5 kg spiral ham in the fridge I picked up on clearance after Easter. Decided not to freeze it and cooked it up for dinner. The kids love ham and we will have lots of leftovers. I paid less than $1.00 a pound and if I had more freezer space I would have bought more than one. Younger son made chocolate chip cookies and the older one is busy wrapping up his semester. It took his program a long time to go online so he had a 6 week gap. He will be happy to be done by Friday.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It was another busy day. I watered the garden, which will now be a regular part of the summer to do list. Dh and ds did some yard work. Another load of laundry done. I took ds for a long bike ride going up and down a hill by his school, which he loves. Dh took our twins for an easier bike ride. Kids tidied up while I cooked supper. Dh is washing the dishes. I’m taking a break before I vacuum the house.

meals by kid request
    lunch - Perogies, garlic sausage, steamed baby cut carrots with cauliflower
    supper - home made waffles with some mini-chocolate chips in them, fresh strawberries, and bacon
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i made homemade chicken parm. i finally, after all these years have figured out how to bread chicken rather nicely.

still obsessing about my backyard and the kids this summer. pinterest is helping...
    i really need to figure out the table situation. i think i will hit pause on it for a day or 2 and consider options....
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Taptalk isn't working for me on my phone but I can log in just fine on the website on my phone. I got an S9 for a new phone on Friday. So far so good. I recieved an Amazon shipment today.
    Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Giseledta not sure of your set up but would a simple folding table work? Quite often Canadian Tire has them on sale, we have one that we can move around our house when needed, it is light weight and easy to set up.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Last night I applied for teaching contracts in 3 different school divisions.

I cashed out $20.10 from the Caddle app. I earned most of that from their daily surveys.

It is supposed to be +30 and sunny out today. I reminded my daycare families that they kids will be playing with water and they might get muddy. Home made fruit smoothie popsicles for afternoon snack.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Giseledta not sure of your set up but would a simple folding table work? Quite often Canadian Tire has them on sale, we have one that we can move around our house when needed, it is light weight and easy to set up.
    I was going to suggest the same thing!! I love mine!
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning hubby had to get some work done on car $ a few hundred later ,oh well,at least we are saving on gas

Tomorrow we will go see the granddaughters ,son is off for a week so still social distancing ,but at least we are going to have a warmer day out the next few days so we can stay outside .

Still haven't moved my winter clothing to the back of my closet -I have a warm sweater on today (may 19 and high of 12 degrees today)ugggg
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Cool here today to but not raining at the moment. It is our recycling day so hopefully it is picked up before rain.

I just took Striploin steaks out of the freezer that I bought last summer at $2.49 LB (I repackaged and labeled freezer bag with info cause I'm a geek ) We havemushrooms, potatoes and green beans and I will grab a romaine 3pk for $1.88 at FB and make ceaser salad. I'm really only going to buy some fruit and lettuce this week I think and keep trying to use up what we have. Still want to clean out the upright freezer and the easiest way is just to use up stuff from it. Youngest has been using the BBQ to make burgers so I will have him cook the steak tonight.

To do list today-

Have DS make his bedroom spotless
    Put load of laundry on to keep up on it
    Pull 10 items and post for sale on FB mom groups
    Give the fridge a good wipe down and make plan for stuff to be used up tomorrow (pepper for sure. thinking maybe chicken fahitas tomorrow night for dinner) (we have so much chicken in the freezer)
    Wash shower curtain liner and hang back up to dry.
    Clean out school supply cart (tall plastic drawers/organizer) Toss what is crap and make it useable.
    Clean out bottom kitchen cupboard beside dishwasher.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i like the idea of a folding table.. but would like something a bit more sturdy.

ok. most of my running around is done. i have to pick up my moms independent order tonight.
    and i am stressing about the whole 1 pm news conference.

is what it is ..
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

What an interesting mail day!
    I received my FPC for Vector bars (promo from box buying 2 x Mini wheats) My tax summary info. A $30 cheque from auto insurance company as a " one time stay at home payment" Was not expecting that!

1st load of laundry is put away and 2nd is in the dryer. Steak is thawing nicely. We haven't used the dishwasher in a while so all dirty dishes are going straight in there so keeping the kitchen clean. Will run when full probably tomorrow night. I plan on doing some cooking tomorrow so will make dirty dishes . Thinking a homemade mac and cheese since I have everything on hand to make it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok, watched fords announcement. considering day drinking....lol

ok. my iced tea tumbler came in today from amazon. madly in love with it

ordered dog food, hubbies meds, a 4x8 sheet o plywood that i will make into a outdoor chalk board yep, that is happening.

i am pretty much taking the day, getting little things done.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    or Swagbucks

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information