User Tag List

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree1924Likes

Thread: May 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Giseledta and SassyAshley, thanks for the input. I think yard sales are going to be a victim of the shut down and virus. I'm in Ontario, as well, and I am hoping they allow the drive-up nearby to open. It got shutdown along with all "movie theatres" even though spacing and isolation is obviously not a problem. It would be good to get out and feel normal.
    Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

my husband and i actually talked about the drive in.. as we have one close to us...
    yes, you can totally social distance....
    but what happend half way in to the movie ... and you have to go to the bathroom........
    Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

We have a Drive-in close (well close for country living about 30 minutes) away and this is exactly why they say they cannot reopen is offering washrooms.

I also think the other part for Drive-in which they do not want to discuss is I am not sure how profitable the Drive-in is if they cannot open their snack stands.

I recently saw an article on how hard it is to keep a Drive-in running due to upgrades in technology and this is actually why so many have closed is they do not have the money to upgrade their systems. I think one closed to us said 2 years they spent almost $200K upgrading just to stay in business.

The one closer to us (15 minute drive) closed down as they could not find a buyer when people found out how much it was going to cost to upgrade and get the system working again.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Wed, May 27th, 2020 at 01:11 PM.
    Giseledta likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just had to go to our Post office to drop off some mail. (and DS's hockey payment for the 2020/21 season.....)

Noticed the hot dog/sausage stand near the town dock was open.
    Giseledta likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I ventured out today to get a haircut. You needed to bring your own mask, get your temp taken and sanitize your hands before going in-they used every second chair and the price was up $1.00-boy does my head feel lighter. I noticed also at Costco the other day that they had plexiglass dividers between the sinks in the ladies room-but my DH said they didn't in the men's room. A whole new world out there.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

So tired today ,woke up at 5.30 a.m as I heard duck honking next door -yes he is back swimming in the neighbour's pool .Even thou he opened it Monday .

Hubby caved and put the air on last night -I was sooo uncomfortable and so was he.
    Giseledta and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I cannot remember what province it was but one of the provinces that further ahead in reopening than Ontario. Salons and Hair Dressers have introduced a Covid tax.

I also saw this from resturants in the US but apparently it is starting to happen to Canada too that they are also adding a Covid Tax to all Take-Out orders since I believe in most provinces you still cannot dine in.
    Giseledta likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We can dine in now with restaurants at 50% capacity-you can have up to 6 people per table-it is recommended they be family members but your choice if it is friends. So far I have only had take out. I am looking forward to Banff National Park opening next week for day use only-I feel a bear spotting trip coming on.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    WOW what a busy day, the last couple of weeks I have really been trying to focus on me so each day I pick things for work I am going to tackle today and work from there. I feel like since I have so much on my plate I become so overwhelmed and chasing the current "issue" that I lose focus. Yes, I get things I have to deal with now but I have decided each day I will pick one area for my focus. Today I worked on our website and tomorrow will be policies and procedures.

I did not get many breaks today but I did mange to help empty the dishwasher.

We need to figure out what we are going to do about grocery shopping, we either go tomorrow or wait until next week. Mom is waiting for her manager to text her back, after she was unable to go in Monday they cancelled her other shift this week. She tried to check her schedule for next week and she has no shifts but last time she worked they were having computer issues and they could not get her re activated in the system. Not sure if they are still having computer issue or if she has no shifts next week. This is really stressing me out as there is a chance she has no shifts.

I am really starting to worry about $$$, now that life is starting to get back to normal, it means increased spending. I was enjoying this time where our only spending was on groceries. Although we were going over on groceries with all other spending on hold it just felt like things were on track and I think I even managed to put a little extra in savings.

Alright time to figure out dinner, not overly hugary today, I think it is the heat and I know my anxiety is up, I am not very hungry.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day and for those in Ontario, just one day of this heat.
    Giseledta and coupon girl like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    We can dine in now with restaurants at 50% capacity-you can have up to 6 people per table-it is recommended they be family members but your choice if it is friends. So far I have only had take out. I am looking forward to Banff National Park opening next week for day use only-I feel a bear spotting trip coming on.
    Being allowed to do something now doesn't mean it's completely safe or even a good idea. It's not like the level of risk has magically dropped to zero or that a cure has been created. We all have to decide for ourselves, but to use eating in restaurants as an example, the rate of infections per day will have to be MUCH lower than it is now before I'll set foot in one again, whether by myself or with others.
    Last edited by Arjon; Wed, May 27th, 2020 at 05:39 PM.
    Giseledta likes this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Hi all. I agree with Arjon. We are still sticking to stay home as much as possible. One grocery trip out a week still for us. I hadn't been out in over a month (DH does groceries) and went to Chapters. I knew exactly what I wanted and was in and out. It was an item not available online that our local store had in stock. Everyone was being very safe except for the woman browsing with a stroller and toddler (no masks, lingering, picking up items, letting children play). Everyone else including me were wearing masks.

We have been doing buy and sell. I think risk there is minimal, especially with ETF. It goes back to wash your hands. Our area, Niagara Region, Ontario had no new cases today. Most people are being safe...there was a family having a garage sale this weekend. DH is helping a friend lay flooring today. I am still trying to keep our bubble small as I can.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hate going out. People are so stupid on the road. No social distancing. No masks. People will die because they think all is ok now. I cannot understand why people think they can now do all these things. They will be the first to MOAN MOAN MOAN when there is a second lockdown. It will come - wait for it. Sigh.. I hate people. Sorry - cannot stay here and read things like this. Good bye.
    CheriLyn likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Ugh lazy night! I need to get off my but now and sort and start laundry.
    Then will putter in the garage for a bit!
    Giseledta and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I heard about the line ups at Winners, so maddening. Honestly I can’t see myself shopping for non essentials. To me it’s dangerous to congregate unnecessarily. Its also annoying that I can’t spend time with my mom but I can go shopping. We did jokingly suggest we should go shopping just so we can hang out. I refuse to stand in stupid long lines so it saves lots of money. Today the family decided on burgers for dinner and we only had three buns so I had pb and rice cakes and was just as satisfied.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Ok sorted laundry and put a load in washer. Will deal with it in the morning.
    Emptied dishwasher. Made pasta salad for DS for tomorrow. ( i cooked the pasta Monday night)
    I have bbqd chicken breasts in freezer that will be my back up dinner plan for tomorrow night. With green beans and pierogies.
    Night all.

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information