User Tag List

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree1924Likes

Thread: May 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning!
    Went to NoFrills this morning on the way to work for the Cap'N Crunch deal.
    Line up was quite short. It seems that shopping crowd in the morning has finally gone back down now that more work places are re-opening. Yay?! I have mixed feelings about this. Happy that it feels like a teeny little bit of normality is back, but also worried because of a shadowing feeling that it might be too early. Does anyone else feel this way?

Very thankful for the awesome weather this week. Just seeing the sun and feeling the heat from it makes me feel so happy!

UPDATE: Slight rant... I hope that the reopening of stores will lead to the bank going back to regular hours. They open later than when I start work, close earlier than when I finish and they're not open on weekends! I haven't been able to go since March because they've never been open at an hour that I don't have work.
    Mobile/virtual banking is... okay... but sometimes it takes forever for apps to just recognize the cheque for depositing. And when you have to do multiple cheques sometimes... it is just frustrating.
    Last edited by CheriLyn; Fri, May 29th, 2020 at 11:20 AM.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, Ciel and 1 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Frugal lifehack: Iced coffee is ALWAYS expensive no matter where you go, make it at home with ice cubes and Coffee Mate (a liquid creamer by Nestle) and it tastes exactly like commercial iced coffee
    Giseledta, Ciel and CheriLyn like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CheriLyn View Post
    Good morning!
    Line up was quite short. It seems that shopping crowd in the morning has finally gone back down now that more work places are re-opening. Yay?! I have mixed feelings about this. Happy that it feels like a teeny little bit of normality is back, but also worried because of a shadowing feeling that it might be too early. Does anyone else feel this way?

Very thankful for the awesome weather this week. Just seeing the sun and feeling the heat from it makes me feel so happy!

UPDATE: Slight rant... I hope that the reopening of stores will lead to the bank going back to regular hours. They open later than when I start work, close earlier than when I finish and they're not open on weekends! I haven't been able to go since March because they've never been open at an hour that I don't have work.
    Mobile/virtual banking is... okay... but sometimes it takes forever for apps to just recognize the cheque for depositing. And when you have to do multiple cheques sometimes... it is just frustrating.
    What is the Cap'N Crunch deal?
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning!

Our local CIBC is open 10am-1pm..... I went to deposit a cheque at the bank machine yesterday and they still have the sign up saying this is their hours. They already had crappy hours.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning, worked outside already for about 2 hours. might do more later, might not. not sure. lol

ok rest of the day...
    check mail
    spotless the kitchen
    finish cleaning the fridge
    3 loads of laundry, and that should be all the laundry.
    finish off the daycare rooms

i need to .. make a menu plan for the week.
    plan out activites and crafts, as well as sensory activities.
    find a spot in the shed for the stroller.
    work on the front deck - re rest of flowers ect
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    What is the Cap'N Crunch deal?
    It is not advertised but it is on sale at NoFrills for $2 each.
    $2x2 - $1x2 printable = $2
    plus $4 cash back on caddle

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

It is not advertised but it is on sale at NoFrills for $2 each.
    $2x2 - $1x2 printable = $2
    plus $4 cash back on caddle
    Ah ok thanks!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Ah ok thanks!
    Here is the link for the coupon
    https://www.tastyrewards.com/en-ca/coupons

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    Here is the link for the coupon
    https://www.tastyrewards.com/en-ca/coupons
    Thanks! Not sure I will use it but someone might!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Yes I guess we all received this message ,so it must be a general message for the KitKat promo -I heard they go super fast like in 3 minutes or less.
    I had an alarm set for 6:58am SK time. Then I’d go to the contest page and refresh until the form came up. I quickly typed in the info and always received this error, 3 days in a row. It looks like their website couldn’t handle the traffic because it was 7:02 this morning before the form came up. I never got one.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

here kitkat fb response to my message:We're sorry you've experienced the issues with our website. As of right now our team is still working on a solution for anyone who experienced technical difficulties. We just want to let you know that we will update you as soon as we have a solution. Thank you for your patience!

I wonder if I will and we will get ours boxes with others giveaway or so?
    Giseledta, Angela273 and Ciel like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Another busy day at work, although not as insane as yesterday.

This afternoon I need to take a break for I took 15 minutes and got my Yogurt started, it is in the Crock Pot right now. I also boxed up some old dishes we have that we want to get rid of (I want to sell them as they are still useable, nothing wrong with them just we found a set we liked better). They have been living on the Dinning Room table taking up a lot of room so I decided it was time to get them out of my way. Now I can push my monitors out of the way and at least use part of the table when I am Meal Prepping. We have limited counter space so this way now when we are waiting for things to cool I can put them on the Dinning Room table or if I want to use a Crock Pot or Instant Pot I can set it up on the Dinning Room table instead of using our counter space. The Crock Pot with the Yogurt is set up there now.

I have been reading up on some hacks to try to get produce to stay fresh longer. I am loving this once a month shopping and we use Frozen Fruits and Vegetables towards the end of the month but I want to see if we can extend the life some of fresh produce. Do you have any tricks you use?

Tonight I will take an inventory on what needs to be used up and I will work from this during Meal Prep tomorrow.

Kind of sad that today is last time for Off-Peak all of the time when it comes to Hydro, this was a super nice perk well working from home. I felt like I got some of my weekend back as I could not tackle things during the week giving myself more free time on the weekend.

Alright off to finish off my day and plan my meal prep.

Have a wonderful night everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SA-my Mum uses some green plastic bags that she ordered from Amazon I think that keep lettuce fresher longer according to her as she lives alone so does not go through it quickly.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy-I have used the cereal bags inside the family box to put my lettuce in .It keeps it fresher longer

Had a lovely treat today for supper hubby and I got arbys roast beef sandwichs for a treat 2/8.00
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, May 29th, 2020 at 04:55 PM.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I have been reading up on some hacks to try to get produce to stay fresh longer. I am loving this once a month shopping and we use Frozen Fruits and Vegetables towards the end of the month but I want to see if we can extend the life some of fresh produce. Do you have any tricks you use?
    When I was living alone, I used to put paper towel along the inside of container (i.e. plastic bag/tub) of greens that go bad quickly, like spinach. The moisture is kept in the container so it the fridge doesn't dry out the greens but the paper towels soaks up some of the extra moisture so that the water droplets don't cause the greens to start rotting. Just make sure to check the paper towel and replace or squeeze out excess water if it is soaked.
    My mom does this too, but wraps things like green onion and celery with old newspaper to not waste paper towel... (Just make sure to wash before eating! )

I also feel like not overcrowding your greens also helps so that no moisture builds up and starts the rotting process. For prepacked salads/spinach/kale, would "fluff" up the leaves and sometimes would put some into another container to increase air circulation. This seemed to help prolong it for maybe a week longer.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information