User Tag List

Page 175 of 226 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 185 225 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 3376
Like Tree9214Likes

Thread: Last thing you baked?

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I baked 15 Lemon Cranberry muffins. I used a cake mix and added the cranberries and some lemon zest to make it more lemony. They turned out really good but the texture was more cake-like than muffin-like so next time i will make them from scratch. But all in all the muffins are good. Would make them anytime in a pinch.
    Natalka, Silk and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oven is now preheating with the cast iron dutch oven pot inside.....in 35-40 minutes we'll have a crusty loaf of fresh baked bread!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

how can I get any lazier? Pulled Mr. Bread Machine out of retirement. Found a setting called Rapid Bake #2 that takes just 58 minutes from start to finish! Wow turned out so lovely that I may not make the dutch oven bread for a while.
    Silk and coupon girl like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Muffins. I make up at least 2 batches of 8 a week because it keeps DH from buying ones that are 1/2 as good at 3x the price. I'm doing a lot of price/time trade-offs these days, and it always on the side of saving $ by investing time.
    Silk, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I do my best baking just as I am waking up.....I almost dream what I want to make.
    It turned out to be a cobbler I guess? Melted the butter in a long casserole dish, poured a double recipe of Bisquick batter over it, added 2 sliced bananas, 3 small Gala apples ( peeled, cut ) and a tray of fresh blueberries on top of that batter.
    Baked 50 minutes.
    Bit of French Vanilla ice cream on the side. DH and I had ours warm!
    Silk, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

At 2 p.m. today...Bread machine loaf. A 2 pounder.
    SassyAshley likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Finally getting to have a visit with our DS#1...so of course I baked a Strawberry/Rhubarb pie, and a Quiche, and the dough is rising for a loaf of crusty bread that will be warm when he arrives!!
    Cooked some of his other favourite dishes for a late night nosh, then tomorrow we'll do steaks on the BBQ.
    My heart is full.
    Silk and SassyAshley like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I made a Crustless Cranberry Pie to use up some of the millions
    of bags of Cranberries I found when I cleaned my freezer.
    I made a Crustless Cranberry Pie but a GF version. It's more a cake than a pie. Soooo good. Made it once before some years ago and re-discovered the recipe in my files. I ate 3 pieces and could have eaten another 2 It finished off my cranberries so need to stock up so I can make it whenever I'm in the mood. I may try it with blueberries next time.

@SassyAshley - I used the recipe from Allrecipes - is that the one you used? I made some tweaks based on some of the reviews.
    Last edited by Silk; Sun, Jun 7th, 2020 at 02:59 AM.
    walkonby and SassyAshley like this.
    Have a great life!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Silk , I used this recipe https://www.averiecooks.com/crustless-cranberry-pie/

I have made her strawberry version a few times, it was good but I think next time I would tweak it was it was a lot of cranberries and because of this we found it too tart so next time I will reduce the cranberries in the recipe.
    Silk likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I needed to use up a Costco Tub of Ricotta Cheese, it will take 3 recipes to use the whole tub but one recipe I made was a Triple Berry Ricotta Cake
    Silk likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I needed to use up a Costco Tub of Ricotta Cheese, it will take 3 recipes to use the whole tub but one recipe I made was a Triple Berry Ricotta Cake
    ICYDK ricotta can be frozen. The texture does change, becoming drier and more crumbly. It's a matter of personal opinion whether it's still okay to use. Personally, I've never tried using it in a recipe where it's the main ingredient, but am fine with, for example, putting it into a lasagna.
    SassyAshley likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Yesterday I made vanilla cupcake, chocolate cupcake and some pumpkin muffin
    Silk and walkonby like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

@Silk, I used this recipe https://www.averiecooks.com/crustless-cranberry-pie/

I have made her strawberry version a few times, it was good but I think next time I would tweak it was it was a lot of cranberries and because of this we found it too tart so next time I will reduce the cranberries in the recipe.
    @SassyAshley - The recipes are very similar. On your site she also has done it with blueberries and that recipe is even closer to the original cranberry pie on allrecipes - which btw, calls for 2 cups of cranberries but several reviews said it was too much. I used 1.5 cups the first time I made it. This time I only had about 1.25 cups so added some reconstituted dried cranberries. But thought it was too much and made a note to just use 1.25 cups next time.

Hoping I can find some cranberries this time of year!

Your ricotta cake sounds delish. Funny, I have some ricotta to use up also Found a recipe for ricotta pancakes I may try.
    Last edited by Silk; Mon, Jun 8th, 2020 at 06:22 AM.
    SassyAshley likes this.
    Have a great life!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Finally getting to have a visit with our DS#1...so of course I baked a Strawberry/Rhubarb pie, and a Quiche, and the dough is rising for a loaf of crusty bread that will be warm when he arrives!!
    Cooked some of his other favourite dishes for a late night nosh, then tomorrow we'll do steaks on the BBQ.
    My heart is full.
    @walkonby - Sounds like you son might gain 2-3 kilos after this visit But you sound like yo're having a ball doing all that baking. Enjoy your visit. And p.s., yes cranberries are good for us and that's my excuse for wolfing down 3 pieces after they came out of the oven. lol.
    walkonby and SassyAshley like this.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Silk some of the best cranberries I have bought were the PC Frozen ones. I needed some to make a Cranberry Butter for some of my family members as part of their Christmas gift and couldn't find fresh. These were amazing, they nice big cranberries with great flavour
    Silk and walkonby like this.

Page 175 of 226 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 185 225 ... LastLast

Thread Information