User Tag List

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree2173Likes

Thread: June 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Another busy day but I am super happy with everything I got done.

This afternoon I needed to get up and move around I was feelinga bit stiff from sitting so much and also a little tired (although not sure why I slept well last night). So I emptied and re loaded the dishwasher and started working on my weekend to do list. I opened a new box of Tea this week, I filled the jar in the cupboard and since I buy my Tea at Costco I needed to break down the rest and sucker seal them so they say fresh.

I also did some work on our freezers, since I just dumped everything in when we got home I needed to organize it so we could get the bread we bought in. Everything is now in the freezer and our chest freezer is now packed full. I also threw it out there that it would be nice to get the pail of cherries out of their so we could fit in my more fruits and veggies. Mom hasn't commited but is thinking about it which makes me happy as we have had this pail for 4 or 5 years so, we had 2, she used the first one but the second one has just lived in our freezer.

Tomorrow we process the meat to go in the stand up freezer, their should be room. I am thinking either next week or the week after we will cook that trukey and get it out of there, I want this space back to store things we consume more often. Just need to make room in the fridge so we can defrost the Turkey and then we will cook it up.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day but I am hoping with my to do list and some organization we can get it done quickly.

Have a great night everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just had a messae on Facebook asking if 3 items were available. She etransferred $22 and will pick up tomorrow. Awesome. I really shoud go pull tonas now and post for sale. People are shopping for kid stuff!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning -my son called and his wife is going for a hike with a friend at 10.30 so we will go and visit him and the girls .I haven't seen my son in awhile and I like to chat with him (socially of course)I will share my watermelon with the girls and I saved a lemon donut from my shop yesterday (yes the donuts 4 pkg were an impulse item )
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

my friends obit was posted. sigh.

ok, today, plan is to work in the garden . alot. i want to finish off a big project, and if i can do that i will be insanely pleased. i also have about 2 hours top of weeding to do
    if all goes according to plan , when does that happen...lol.. I plan on BBQing tonight.
    it should be a really nice day to get what i want done.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Giseledta ...I just "liked" your post, but I hope you know that I did not mean I "like" the content. I just wanted to give you a wave.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

**Hugs** Giseledta
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up and working on my to do list, there is a lot to get done today but I think I can tackle most of it, if not all of it.

I have a few things in the fridge to use up so I need to make a plan for those.

Also excited got a few items on our shop we haven't had in a while as they weren't available like Zucchini so excited to cook with this.

Have a great day everyone.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I often wish there were more options like Facebook. Sometimes I don't like a post but want to show support. I really only chat on this thread so I often can't rep people and send them a quick private virtual hug. The system doesn't let you rep the same people over and over again.

Thinking of you Giseledta.

I am writing report cards this weekend. Which is why I am popping in here. I am avoiding it. lol.

Did finances last night! More good news: because debt and church finances are now clear and separate I have finally been able to "see" if the input matches (balances) the output.

We were $1300+ for May and June
    -I put $500 into girls RESP
    -$800 into savings

And the accounts are BALANCED!
    AND we have a good chunk of cash in the house which we now know is additional savings!

Friends in financial hardship. It was our life the past 3-4 years. I know your pain. With hard work it can and will end. Our current budget is still $500 short each month so we have to be creative in that department and I hope hubby can make some income with the 3D printer to help in that dept.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I agree we need other options because sometimes what I want is to give you is a virtual hug and to let you know I am here for you.
    So far a lazy day. I did put a load of towels on the line and sweep the deck. Now to decide what next. I think a trip to Canadian Tire as we need a new trimmer. But I am just not feeling motivated.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo -we got a new black and decker trimmer at rona the other day ,it was from online we waited 2 weeks on sale electric for $49.43 reg 70.00 and it has an automatic feed (which I love).I think I paid that same price around $45 6 years ago for a black and decker ,yep only lasted 6 years .

I hung towels this morning, and loved seeing the granddaughter's with my son-Ashlyn asked when may I sleep over nana -"I don't know honey I said ,its a covid thing " ohhh she said ,then said "I love you nana ".Itook them a donut and the watermelon I bought yesterday and shared the pear "cara said "more pear please "ahhh they are sooo cute .
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@coupongirl we have an electric I bought off Facebook when the last one died. but the yard is just too big so we went with the same version of what dies as we still had the battery. Used my CT points so it was a little better. I will now sell what I bought so it does not become clutter.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I continue to earn Amazon.ca gift cards through Swagbucks. I add the gift cards to my Amazon account, but I don’t have a particular purchase in mind. I’ve bought a variety of items on Amazon over the years, but I don’t have a particular goal right now. I like the idea of not having to pay with my credit card, if a purchase came up.
    Any suggestions? I’m not looking for kids toys, etc. It would be nice to help my grocery budget.

edit: I’ve been looking on Amazon...I found almonds and pecans for a pretty good price.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Jun 6th, 2020 at 06:50 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

6.5 hours done in the garden.

my friend who passed.... i sent a message to the depty mayor. The person was extreamly highly regarded in our town. His wife started the local foodbank ( still operating without township money ) , the girl guide group, and the playground program . he volenteered every day for the past 20 yrs at a local hospital . any hoo.. sent a message recomoneding a baseball diamond being named in his honor. She loved the idea and will bring it to council. Honestly, it should pass easily.

ok. plan .. laundry.. supper... dishes in kitchen .
    Tomorrow, i have abou t 2 ours in the veggie garden . pick up a ice cream cake for my youngest. she turns 18. omg. 18.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening,
    Got a ton done but still more that needs to get done, but I am done for today, I am super tired and I am sore.

This morning I started off by breaking down the last bag of tortelliniwe got at Costco, they had the 3-pack on sale, we do not buy it often only if we happen to be there when it is on sale. I dump each package on a cookie sheet and let them freeze and then I store them in a baggie, one package is too big for just the two of us. Plus depending on the dish depends on how much I will use so I like it in baggies so I can just grab what I need.

Next I went to put the new onions we bought away only to discover something had leaked in the drawer so I emptied it all out and cleaned it.

Then it was on to the dishes, there were only a few but I wanted to start my cooking with a clean kitchen so I washed the few dishes.

Then it was on the veggies, Romaine has been broken down I only chopped up one as I pulled off any "bad" leaves on the outside and cleaned and chopped those so I only need to chop one full head to fill the bag. I also broke down another Romaine for Mom to put on Sandwiches so it is wash and wrapped and ready to eat. The other 4 are being stores in a baggie with papertowel to be used later in the month.

Then I took on some older peppers we had in the fridge, 4 were cleaned and chopped to be roasted and one was chop to test freezing (I am really loving just grabbing and dumping frozen veggies into a dish).

I had a tub of Ricotta that needed to be used up so I made Berry Ricotta Cake and a pan of Zuchinni Rolls ups which are partially cooked in the fridge to be reheated one night for dinner. I also set aside 1/2 Cup as I want to try making homemade Gnocchi. Well I cut my Zuchinni some to grilled with the Pepper and cleaned some mushrooms. Mom did the grilled veggies, well I sorted the Celery, I have two bundles wrapped and in the fride and I found some with marks on them so they are chopped along with carrots for veggies to snack on.

Yesterday Mom took out a package of Pork we found in the freezer that was not sucker sealed which she turned into Pork Meatballs with Sweet and Sour Sauce, those in the fridge to be heated up later.

We broke down the package of ground beef, half was make into Taco Meat which I need to make more Homemade Seasoning to make so that has been done as well. The other half has been broken down into 1/2 lb bags and frozen.

Homemade Queso has been made, broken down and in the freezer in single serve portions.

Tomorrow we need to package and freeze the Chicken Breast we bought, still not sure on my plan for these yet. We also need to make a batch of Homemade Mac & Cheese, we discovered one of our bags of milk is leaking so the best way to use it up quickly is to make Mac & Cheese which we will freeze. I also need to use up the last of the open whipping cream before it goes bad but I do not have a plan for that yet.

Kitchen is clean and ready for us to start working tomorrow,

Hope everyone has a great night
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hi all.

Was a pretty relaxing day. Went to Costco. I wanted another pair of capris ( yoga pant material) they had one pattern and black so got the pattern. Grabbed a few other thinfa there and then another stop for asparagus, eggs, burger buns etc. Just a few items to add to meals.
    Had a late lunch at 3. Chicken ceaser wraps for DS and I. I just had a toasted bagel now for dinner. Everyone else fended for themselves.
    Tomorrow i hope to get some things done around the house.
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information