User Tag List

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

This happened last month, but I still find it very interesting.

Usually, I clip my printable coupons after printing so I can sort them by expiry date/product. But last month, when I went to a SDM, the cashier told me that she would accept them this time but when using printable coupons next time, I had to keep them unclipped on the full sheet of paper. I then told her that with printables, sometimes multiple coupons are printed on one sheet of paper (I.e. smartsource). She still insisted on me giving her the coupons on full sheet of paper next time. Luckily, this isn't my usual SDM.

Do you clip your printables? Or do you keep them intact on the full sheet of paper until you use them?
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by CheriLyn; Mon, Jan 20th, 2020 at 08:31 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I clip them. It's not like the store will make a special large tray for full sheets of coupons. Most stores' cashiers have to place coupons under the money tray anyway. I've not been yet told to do what you have been told by that cashier. My local store seems to have different cashiers every 3-4 months--turnover must be connected to all the rules along with hours of work.

Sounds like another madeup coupon rule. Shoppers needs to have a sticker on its doors about the actual coupon policy by now-too much hassle in many cases.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Never encountered such a policy....perhaps it was just the cashier's "policy"?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweets77 View Post
    Never encountered such a policy....perhaps it was just the cashier's "policy"?
    Probably right. I've been to that specific location a couple of times and never been ask to do this. However, I have to note that everytime I've used a coupon at this location, they weren't very pleasant either. (The only reason I go to this location is because less people and stuff is usually in stock if it is out at my usual SDM.) Maybe management at this store regarding coupons isn't good?

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

I have sometimes found that individuals make up their own policies due to laziness or jealousy or whatever. I then send an email to Shoppers asking if this is the policy at every Shoppers. Sometimes that helps and sometimes it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by CheriLyn View Post
    Probably right. I've been to that specific location a couple of times and never been ask to do this. However, I have to note that everytime I've used a coupon at this location, they weren't very pleasant either. (The only reason I go to this location is because less people and stuff is usually in stock if it is out at my usual SDM.) Maybe management at this store regarding coupons isn't good?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

You can speak to the pharmacist owner at that location. Each Shoppers is individually owned, so I tend to shop at the ones that have the best policy for coupons, discounts, etc.

I would find that annoying and a waste of paper to print one out on each page. Contact the manufacturer and let them know too.

Thread Information