User Tag List

Page 1335 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 335 835 1235 1285 1325 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1345 1385 1435 1835 ... LastLast
Results 20,011 to 20,025 of 29342
Like Tree118509Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

What a full day here! First church.

I went shopping for liquor. Bought Scotch for my friend's birthday tomorrow (great minds, eh, @Lynn49 ?) and 2 bottles of wine. (I had to look up which one -red or white - that you should chill. (No moaning from the wine drinkers here! ) I should have remembered -champagne is white and you drink it cold -if you drink it, which I usually don't. I leave it for those who love it. (Like lobster.)

I went through Tim's on my way out and managed to have an ice cap leak all over my blouse and t-shirt. GAH!

Then I went to 2 Home Hardware stores to find a particular type of picture hanger and also picked up an umbrella which can be fastened to my BrotherR's wheelchair when he goes outside. I also picked up 5 full shield masks and another mask. I also saw some maple leaf ornaments that will be good for stocking stuffers. I haven't been shopping for so long, I had to stop myself from buying other stuff.

Then over to my BrotherB's house to give him his Father's Day gift and chat for a little while.

Then home -walk the dog and share masks with friend and discuss ordering pizza together for supper. Pesky phone kept ringing the whole time. I immediately called and placed the pizza order and that phone kept on ringing! Turns out it was a mutual friend who was trying to get us as she was bringing us over vegetarian chili. The chili and the pizza arrived at the same time. Throw in a dog walk here and there.

Also finishing up laundry and mopping up orange juice which I managed to spill on the floor. Sticky!

Sent off info to my church committee and wrapped my friend's gift. Watched Bones and then realized that I had some chicken which had thawed in the fridge so I followed a recipe and made a marinade in which it will soak til tomorrow. (Anyone got a great way to get garluc smell off hands? I looked up and tried baking soda and salt but it didn't do a great job.) Sent messages to my step-kids acknowledging their great dad.

Tomorrow morning - finish wrapping gift - and card, wrap a little "birdie" hostess gift. Order Butter chicken for my friend's lunch, do a counselling session and then fly off to celebrate said birthday after...dang it forgot to pick up veggie tray. Add to list.

So I had better have a shower and wash my hair now. No time in the morning.

Catch up with you tomorrow!

All in all a great day.

Take care! Sleep well!
    Lynn49, GoJays and walkonby like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Skippy, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    What a full day here! First church.
    I went shopping for liquor. Bought Scotch for my friend's birthday tomorrow (great minds, eh, @Lynn49 ?) and 2 bottles of wine. (I had to look up which one -red or white - that you should chill. (No moaning from the wine drinkers here! ) I should have remembered -champagne is white and you drink it cold -if you drink it, which I usually don't. I leave it for those who love it. (Like lobster.)
    I went through Tim's on my way out and managed to have an ice cap leak all over my blouse and t-shirt. GAH!
    Then I went to 2 Home Hardware stores to find a particular type of picture hanger and also picked up an umbrella which can be fastened to my BrotherR's wheelchair when he goes outside. I also picked up 5 full shield masks and another mask. I also saw some maple leaf ornaments that will be good for stocking stuffers. I haven't been shopping for so long, I had to stop myself from buying other stuff.
    Then over to my BrotherB's house to give him his Father's Day gift and chat for a little while.
    Then home -walk the dog and share masks with friend and discuss ordering pizza together for supper. Pesky phone kept ringing the whole time. I immediately called and placed the pizza order and that phone kept on ringing! Turns out it was a mutual friend who was trying to get us as she was bringing us over vegetarian chili. The chili and the pizza arrived at the same time. Throw in a dog walk here and there.
    Also finishing up laundry and mopping up orange juice which I managed to spill on the floor. Sticky!
    Sent off info to my church committee and wrapped my friend's gift. Watched Bones and then realized that I had some chicken which had thawed in the fridge so I followed a recipe and made a marinade in which it will soak til tomorrow. (Anyone got a great way to get garluc smell off hands? I looked up and tried baking soda and salt but it didn't do a great job.) Sent messages to my step-kids acknowledging their great dad.
    Tomorrow morning - finish wrapping gift - and card, wrap a little "birdie" hostess gift. Order Butter chicken for my friend's lunch, do a counseling session and then fly off to celebrate said birthday after...dang it forgot to pick up veggie tray. Add to list.
    So I had better have a shower and wash my hair now. No time in the morning.
    Catch up with you tomorrow!
    All in all a great day.
    Take care! Sleep well!
    @avoncallingu

Thank you so much for that hilarious ( to me ! ) post. You had me giggling with the various mishaps in your day and reminded me of the time I had my knuckles smacked for refrigerating the RED wine! Older sisters are so condescending.

You are one very busy bee!! Tootie is so very blessed to have you as her forever Mom....I can almost see her face and thought bubbles as she witnesses the many errands you are whisking to and from.
    Movement is medicine and you certainly have your energy level up to a grand place!

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Good Morning and Happy Monday!! @GoJays

Believe me.....if that item would fit in the doorways and down into our basement I'd order one!!
    I JUST now posted this on the weight loss thread and then I saw your post....got me to a giggle place.

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/419683...4/#post7071153

Everyone enjoy the week!! We're happily reaping the benefits of planting many perennials at the end of last season, including my favourite, a honeysuckle bush that has turned into Audrey ( the plant from Little Shop Of Horrors ).
    This thing pushed aside our clematis that was planted nearby and at the same time basically saying " eat my dust " .
    We now need to build her an extension ( more of a trellis canopy ) as she is threatening to climb over the fence to our neighbours yard!
    There are the Hosta's ( ty GoJays for suggesting them ) , bleeding hearts, Lilacs, and so many other pretties that I cannot remember the names of. I am blessed that DH is such a great gardener because if it was left to me we'd have a yard full of dead things.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning all.
    Took an extra day off this past weekend...short work week now.
    looks like it could just down pour at any moment here...

Have a wonderful day folks.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

What a day, yesterday!! Our trailer arrived here from Orillia at 7:50am! They stayed somewhere overnight to getvitvgere that early and thank heavens were all up at 6:30!

It took several hours to maneuvere the thing into place within centimetres from our deck, then get it off it's wheels and "cribbed"... put up on cinder locks on cement bases, but done!!
    They hooked everything up so when they left we moved right in with our DD's and GS's help.

This morning when I woke up I wasn't sure if I was at home, in our former trailer, or the new one...it was so strange. Things have all been put away but there'll be rearranging in the next few trips.

Raining, th-storms, so it's an indoor day, although I do see some kids out there....silly beings.

@avoncallingu , remember the flea market here? It's closing so ALL books are free, everything else is 75% off and the owner told me it'll all be 90% off next weekend!! We'll all really miss that huge market.

Enjoy your day, everyone...we're at tired, and all on our ways home later today.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

woo hoo!! @Lynn49
    It sounded like a stealth operation getting the new digs locked into place but it's done and I can feel your relief!
    The summer will be wonderful no matter the weather or the virus.

So @GoJays I thought of you this morning when I was sent these 2 memes.....tee hee.

Name:  a rock and someone to hit.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  26.0 KB

Name:  stay away.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  28.2 KB

In other exciting news...I found some energy this morning and began an oversized lasagna. ( used one full block of Mozz, 25 oven ready noodles, needed more cheese so grated Parmesan and Havarti and used up slices of Swiss. Three jars of sauce, lean ground beef, onions and sliced shrooms . It's cooling on the stovetop.
    I really want a serving now but I know better....it has to firm up.

So while the lasagna was baking I watched this cute video about squirrels and a bird feeder. I'm sure we have all cursed Rocky
    ( from R & Bullwinkle ) for the thefts, I know we gave up putting out stuff as the squirrels take it all and destroy the feeders in the process.

If you have 21 minutes or thereabouts check it out! This is the same guy that invented the hilarious glitter bomb package for stupid thieves who insisted on grabbing parcels off his deck.

Skippy, avoncallingu and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    What a day, yesterday!! Our trailer arrived here from Orillia at 7:50am! They stayed somewhere overnight to getvitvgere that early and thank heavens were all up at 6:30!

It took several hours to maneuvere the thing into place within centimetres from our deck, then get it off it's wheels and "cribbed"... put up on cinder locks on cement bases, but done!!
    They hooked everything up so when they left we moved right in with our DD's and GS's help.

This morning when I woke up I wasn't sure if I was at home, in our former trailer, or the new one...it was so strange. Things have all been put away but there'll be rearranging in the next few trips.

Raining, th-storms, so it's an indoor day, although I do see some kids out there....silly beings.

@avoncallingu, remember the flea market here? It's closing so ALL books are free, everything else is 75% off and the owner told me it'll all be 90% off next weekend!! We'll all really miss that huge market.

Enjoy your day, everyone...we're at tired, and all on our ways home later today.
    @Lynn49

I'll be right there! OMG! Sounds like your great adventure #2 trailer has begun!

I'm remembering rooms upon rooms of books at that store! And all the wonderful furniture in the upstairs room.

I'm so sad!

I went over to my BrotherR's lodge to prove that I am negative. When I left my car it was spitting rain and when I turned to come back, it was throwing it down in buckets. Luckily I had my rain jacket with a hood on. Now he can visit here on Friday after they screen me by phone to test for symptoms.

We are supposed to get some really threatening weather here this evening with micro-bursts which can turn into swirling things. I am predicting another night in the closet.

My friend has recorded on You Tube a version of "Stardust" by Hoagey Carmichael which was a special song for my mum and dad. His vocal range is a little off but his piano playing is great. I am so pleased that he did this for my family.
    @walkonby -your description of your garden perennials just sounds wonderful!

Well, I have some follow-up things to do and I hope to get some pictures hung today. And of course -"Bones" binging and knitting and maybe reading.

Miles to go before I sleep and promises to keep. See ya later!
    Skippy, GoJays and walkonby like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @GoJays

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

morning all.
    need coffee
    DANGER

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Oh boy, a very quiet thread today. I was an early bird doing a top up grocery shop before 7:15 today....in and out, don't anyone talk to me while I am in there!
    I returned home quite thrilled with my buys ( nothing amazing , just stuff that was decent enough priced and I needed them ).
    A lovely mug of coffee was my reward and my breakfast, then a sit down to catch up on the latest CNN.....Zzzzzz.
    oops, I promptly drifted off to sleep.

Hope you are all enjoying the high winds today, my blinds are a flappin with the window open.

Thread Information