User Tag List

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1776Likes

Thread: July 2020 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Happy Canada day to all of you!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Happy Canada Day!

We went to my sister-in-love's for a swim today. Ahhhhhh.

@barbis9 We live in the country. McSwat is very wild and would not be happy being adopted by us. Our rule is no domestication of wild cats. We don't put food out for them because we want them hunting mice. And, they do. We do put out water for them when they are around (oddly usually in the colder months).

@YOU AND ME congrats on the great grandbaby. I love babies. Which is why I had a third. The deal was third child or pet. We had a third child. Though we have been entertaining the idea of goats lately.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hope everyone had a nice Canada Day. I am so messed up as to what day it is! Usually when the stat falls on the Tues/Wed/Thurs I would take the day/days off to make it a long weekend but since working from home I figured why bother. Rather save the vacation time for when we can actually go somewhere.

Trying to focus and get through my work stuff this morning. 1st I need a coffee. I skipped it yesterday but thinking I need it today!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

FYI!! $1.99 eggs Sat/Sun at SDM (Ontario) Woohoo! I noticed the price at No Frills etc went up to $2.74 a dozen!

I will be stock us up for sure since youngest DS is 100% into healthy eating and is liking boiled eggs in the fridge ready to grab and eat.
    Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all. @Frugalbigmama I was also happy when I saw eggs for $1.99 . I do a lot of baking so will also stock up with a few trays. I am also excited for the peach price at Food Basic $0.68Lb that would be my fruit of the week as long as RCSS has nice one and I do have a PCO points offer on them.

Its already a very hot and humid day here
    Ciel, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just hung a load of laundry out to dry. The one good thing about the hydro rate being one price 24/7. Take advantage of this sunshine.

I think people are in vacation mode this week. Not going to post anything new today but will up my posts and see if I can get anything else out the door since I am home.
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    FYI!! $1.99 eggs Sat/Sun at SDM (Ontario) Woohoo! I noticed the price at No Frills etc went up to $2.74 a dozen!
    Fwiw, although I can't confirm 100%, I have it from a generally reliable source that the everyday price at their Sobeys (GTA) is %2.27.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    Fwiw, although I can't confirm 100%, I have it from a generally reliable source that the everyday price at their Sobeys (GTA) is %2.27.
    Thank for the info!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Good morning all. @Frugalbigmama I was also happy when I saw eggs for $1.99 . I do a lot of baking so will also stock up with a few trays. I am also excited for the peach price at Food Basic $0.68Lb that would be my fruit of the week as long as RCSS has nice one and I do have a PCO points offer on them.

Its already a very hot and humid day here
    Yes I was happy with the peach price too! Both my kids love them so I will be buying at least 10 lbs! I bought 2 green pineapples for $1 each that will be ready cut up next week. And we have 2 lbs of strawberries left of the 4 I bought yesterday as well as bananas that DS has made a huge dent in the pile I bought. The week the fruit sales suck will be when we use up the frozen fruit for smoothies!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good afternoon.

took my mom to the bank and shoppers. made sure she got her seniors discount.
    got buns for supper , and nuttela pkgs on sale , plus 1.50 on co 51. picked up 2. youngest will be happy.

worked for a bit on the side of the house. will do up dishes. wait till this evening, to do more work outside... i can handle about 15 min at a time. but i work fast, so progress is happening.

my kitchen sink is cranky, has been for a bit.. but i refuse to have a plumber in my house... so.. i am working on it. sigh. slow bt steady.

ok. have fun everyone. stay frugal
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow a lovely day! 34C feeling like 36C on my front porch! Cold glass of ice-water at the side and laptop heating my lap! 🤪

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon,
    We have decided we will wait until next week to grocery shop, we are still pretty good on most groceries and what we are out of, we can work around. Shockingly I still have produce that we bought 4 weeks ago that is still good in the fridge. Looks like some of the produce saving hacks I found really work.

Having a Holiday on a Wednesday has me complete confused, I have no idea what day it is. I have some vacation time I can use but I am hesitant to use it right now, since I am working from home, it would be nice to not have to work but since we are still so limited on what we can do it just seems pointless to take the time now. We have decided even within province we will not travel this year but even day trips there aren't many options, I won't be going to a mall anytime soon or doing any shopping outside of groceries.

I think it is too hot to even work in the basement, if you walk away from the fan right now it gets hot pretty quick. Maybe I will see if I can find some time tomorrow late afternoon to spend a good 3 or 4 hour down there. Maybe be done work around 2 or 3 and then work on the basement.

Maybe tonight I will work on planning. I am determined that this is the year I finally get organized in all aspects of my life. I am sick of feeling like I am a chicken with my head chopped off going in circles (think the country girl who grew up on a farm just came out a little LOL). I love Excel so I think I am going to make myself some planning templates to work off. The trick for me will be not being too hard on myself, I am my own worst critic and always feel I can do more.

Alright, I have a meeting soon, off to get ready

Have a great day everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If any of you enjoy wildlife go to explore.org and click on Brown Bears of Brooks Falls at the top-you can scroll between about 6 live video feeds of the bears feeding on salmon and read people's comments below. This is peak season right now and nice to watch.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

My give stuff away plan is going well. Since yesterday a set of dishes, a bunch of BBQ utensils and some containers for the tiki torches have left my home. I have an anti hair to go next but I am not sure if I should try to sell it 1st. It’s likely 100 yrs old. We went down to the lake for lunch today. Great restaurant but it was almost two hot to enjoy it. But it’s time with nearly adult soon and won’t be living hear forever so I will take it.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Spent the day avoiding the heat. Got a few things off the to do that have been lingering.

1) Applied for daughter's interim Ontario Autism Budget. This is $5000 while we wait for the actual yearly budget and will help pay for social skills therapy. The actual budget could be years in the wait. We didn't think we were eligible for the interim budget because of our application date, but are. A pleasant surprise.

2) Rescheduled speech therapy (social skills therapy) that was cancelled due to COVID. We had planned to do the therapy before the news of our interim budget. The budget will help us pay when insurance runs out and will allow for more intensive therapy.

3) Applied for COVID Car Insurance Rebate. (Cooperators).

4) Made an appointment for a COVID test so I can go visit my grandparents in LTC. And, maybe ease my sister into holding my new nephew?!?

Pretty productive!

DH just sold some old trading cards for $200 so we only need another $200 to help balance the budget and start some savings!
    Last edited by Granger; Thu, Jul 2nd, 2020 at 06:29 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information