User Tag List

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree1776Likes

Thread: July 2020 Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good afternoon.

Went out this morning to bank and Giant Tiger. Good deal in blueberries!
    Glad we decided today was our working inside day. Its raining and looks like an all day event.
    I just cleaned the kitchen and took chicken out to thaw for dinner. Will serve with ceasar salad and another side.
    I should go putter in the garage and get that done but I've lost my motivation at the moment. Maybe later.
    Tweets77, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I returned the puzzle to winners and looked around (they are getting more stock in from last week) found in clearance a pair of calvin klein underwear for sebastian $4.30 nice bright orange pair .

Then on to my son's house 3 pkgs were on her front steps, then watered the back plants and front .Folded the clothing in the dryer and put the girls stuff away ,my son's and daughter-in-law i just sit on the floor (they can put it away).
    Tided up ashlyn's bedroom a bit as i told her i would ,her dolls are nicely on her bed resting on her pillow .

I then got gas 103.6 it was, got $30 something free with my giftcard and i have $17 something left over .
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Last night after supper I sat down and posted 4 big pics with various trade coupons in them. I haven’t traded in a couple of months. It can be overwhelming and frustrating. In my trade post I specifically ask people to give me details and yet I’m constantly forced to ask for those details. I’m still waiting to hear back from someone who didn’t give me details about the coupons they were offering. They said they were going to bed and would message me today. I messaged the other people last night and told them that I was waiting on this other person... I’m hoping to get some good coupons for my family. I certainly knew which coupons would be most popular and now I’ll have to figure out trades tomorrow.
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

on and off rain here today. we went over to the bridge and jumped in puddles for a bit. so much fun.

made a coupon for stamp trade. i am hoping it will turn out to be good. there are some i know i wont use, so i will update and post those for trade. having a playdough kinda afternoon.

hubby wants to go to a social disctance work event tonight, so we will go there

oldest needs to call about her insurance.. the price went up.. alot. hopefully she will get a reason for it. i am suspecting she will be in $ trouble soon. if she is not already.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

It has been a day, I was extremely overwhelmed this morning. As you all know I am someone who likes organization and routines and schedules and all of a sudden mid way through setting things up I was asked to change our approach. I am good with change but change at the last minute bring on my anxiety.

Turns out driving Mom to pick up her car was just what I needed. I figured I would either feel better or cry the whole way home. Good News I got home and felt I was able to tackle this headon. I do not have all of the answers yet, but I am feeling in a better spot and that we will find an answer.

Doing okay on today's to do list, would have liked to get one or two more things off my list but I had some stuff I had to tackle as someone else is off and I know how to do it.

Got the quote back on the work to be done on our house and yikes, a bit more than I was expecting I will have to discuss with Mom.

Alright get a few more things done and hopefully I can call my work day done.

Have a great day everyone
    Ciel likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@lizzie bargain sorry for your loss

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Gee my son just called me ,the are having a wonderfull time at a cottage on a beach near peterborough.The girls are having a blast and ashlyn caught a fish ,he then sent me a few pictures to my email .

He asked if we went anywhere as we have no grandkids to watch this week,nope not yet and maybe not i told him .

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Angela273 : Witch type of compliment did you wrothe to bolthouse to have a fpc and dare too I saw your trade list but I have nothing to trade atm on your wl.....please feel free to message me if you dont want to writhe it in here.
    Ciel likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am really struggling to get anything done around the house lately.

We are super busy at work right now and it feels like for every 1 thing you get off your desk, 5 more new things come in. I reduced my work hours, I am not 9 to 5 but more like 7 to 5ish but that is standard this time year and so much better than 7 am to 8 pm I was doing. I just find by the time I am done work, I am so tired.

I keep telling myself after dinner I will do X but then all I get done is my to do list for the next day. Although I am super excited with how well my to do lists are going, I missed a couple of days last week and noticed the difference. It really keeps me on track which is good.

I asked for next Friday off, for a minute this morning it looked like it was not going to happen as someone I needed to cover me was asked to cover someone else but after some chatting we came up with a plan. Right now the thought of a 4 day weekend feels like a 2 week vacation to me LOL

I do have a number of things to get done before I can get to take next Friday off but I am going to come up with a plan and hopefully just plow through.

Alright off to pack up my stuff as I need to go into a branch tomorrow.

Have a great night everyone
    Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    @Angela273: Witch type of compliment did you wrothe to bolthouse to have a fpc and dare too I saw your trade list but I have nothing to trade atm on your wl.....please feel free to message me if you dont want to writhe it in here.
    I received those coupons after reporting issues with the products that I had purchased.
    barbis9, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yesterday I made 2 pans of lasagne. We will have leftovers for supper another night, which will allow me to spend time with the kids at the spray park before coming home for supper. Daycare girl was here until 6:30pm...her dad sent me a text at 5:55pm to tell me.

Dh bathed then kids while I did a NF shop tonight.
    $16 in coupons
    earned 4,650 in points
    $7.50 CO51
    5x $3 Astro yogurt 12x 100g - $1.50 rebate = $1.50 each and best by date of Aug 11.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Jul 23rd, 2020 at 10:15 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Well it has been a busy time-DD's birth grandma passed away on Monday and there are no local functioning relatives ( Grandpa has dementia) to look after her affairs. We have been busy picking up belongings from the hospital, searching the apt for SIN numbers, will etc as her sister is making the arrangements from Newfoundland.

DD felt bad going through her purse and me the apt but somebody needed to do it. Anyway hopefully by next week the small internment will be done here and sadly the Grandpa will now have to move to a nursing home. Hopefully all of you have ensured that your loved ones can find documents quickly and easily at such a time. I brought some boxes home and will be going through bank statements etc today and looking for utilities etc which need to be cancelled. I found last years tax return and will send to her sister in order to help file her estate tax return next year.
    Condolences to you, DH and DD on the passing of DD's birth grandma. Feel sad for the remaining spouse-who's going to explain to him he has to leave his home? That will be a hard task. The sister in NL is certainly in for a lot of effort (applying for any or all death benefits, contacting bank and other entities). The apartment building will likely want 60 days' notice or a fee to break the lease/rental agreement earlier without the notice.
    Please consider asking the sister for any reimbursements if you and DD are out of pocket for fees like parking or needing to pay to get access to documents and such. I hope you find all the documents and ID you can. Consider looking at food containers and pictures in the apartment-sometimes older folks stash cash and treasures in containers or behind books and other items. And under the mattress.
    Thank you for reminding all of us to have these discussions about wills, paperwork and where they are to be found and by whom.
    barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Hamilton will be at Stage 3 tomorrow and happily, playgrounds will be reopened for use. Should make for happy kids and parents!

While my handkerchief mask is fine for use on the buses and in stores, I don't like wearing it in the sun while waiting for the bus or walking. Too hot and I feel like I need a big straw attached to a big cup of cold beverage.

Picked up my Marks.com order on Tuesday afternoon. Their site sent me a pickup e-mail two hours after I had collected the items and then emails that the items got collected. Gave site a 8 out of 10 for shopping as no notice came within 4-8 business days as site indicated. Have new t-shirts laundered and ironed, ready for these never-ending sticky days...

Could not sleep much overnight so I raided the fridge for the last 4 cold peaches (refreshing) to help me cool down and tossed and turned for 4 hours. Got laundry going by 6am. I have the familiar headache when I'm ready to crash for sleep.

PC Optimum gave me points offers for peaches and watermelon-would love to get both in a day or so to carry us through the weekend. Will discuss with Mom. At least today has a damp/cool wind and it makes me feel like there's a waterfront or lake edge nearby (flies are still busy trying to nip me).

Community paper bundle did have the Walmart and Shoppers flyers in it-joy! Nothing exciting but good to have to see what things seem to be rotating through as specials or deals.

Fabricland ON Region 1 starts its Clean Sweep flyer deals. Noticed some XMas related notions and things on sale plus last call on spring and summer fabrics that are marked down.

Speaking of Xmas, Mission Thrift Stores might have Christmas in July daily deals in your area. I get e-mails from the Hamilton store--check your inbox if you have subscribed for e-mails to see what the daily deal is.

I hope Mom does not cook today like she did yesterday afternoon. I turned on my fan yesterday as otherwise I could not sit up and read the paper, the air in the room was too stuffy.

Giving the morning my all as the afternoon is going to be a low energy event for me! Will leave the laundry to chance any rain event while I get my rest.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I returned the puzzle to winners and looked around (they are getting more stock in from last week) found in clearance a pair of calvin klein underwear for sebastian $4.30 nice bright orange pair .

Then on to my son's house 3 pkgs were on her front steps, then watered the back plants and front .Folded the clothing in the dryer and put the girls stuff away ,my son's and daughter-in-law i just sit on the floor (they can put it away).
    Tided up ashlyn's bedroom a bit as i told her i would ,her dolls are nicely on her bed resting on her pillow .

I then got gas 103.6 it was, got $30 something free with my giftcard and i have $17 something left over .
    @coupon girl ...gas has been $1.19.9 here in Thunder Bay for weeks!!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning up feeling refreshed ,slept in a cool room that has a great breeze .

Showered and off to do some laundry .
    Loving this thomas kinkade puzzle 1,000 piece it has a lot of dark colour s (it is a house in the woods) i am half done .

I put in an order on simons site this morning (thanks ceil for mentioning about this site awhile back)Only spent 27.00 got underwear for hubby ,2 kitty tea towels (may be a gift )thinking of xmas the odd time when i shop online,and a room spray -fig sounds lovely for me .I asked the girl whom i spoke too ,is there any stores in ontario (a mall in missauga )and i will never go there as i dont wish to drive there ,so online it is .

Forgot to save my p.c offers ,if someone could post each wednesday to remind us older folks (me) it would be great thanks
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Jul 23rd, 2020 at 10:56 AM.

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information