User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Walmart to end Ad Matching October 15th

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In less than a month, Walmart Canada will discontinue its ad-matching program throughout the country.
    “Over time, we have seen minimal usage of our ad match program, while at the same time the program has been causing delays at the checkout,” a spokesperson told Global News in an email.

Source: https://globalnews.ca/news/7343931/w...ching-program/

Not sure of minimal usage, I used it all the time.
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

I price match too. This is sad. Hopedully other big names do not follow. Guess I'll be going to rcss more.
    cath007 and padyofurniture like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

It is going to really suck for this family if they stop price matching at RCSS. We will have to spend a lot more time and gas actually having to go the store that actually has it on sale rather then just going to RCSS for a one stop shop. The other big factor will be it will eliminate being able to stack multiple discount savings on the same item. EG price match + coupon + pc points and sometimes if you were lucky you could even add in CO51
    walkonby, cath007, crafter and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    It is going to really suck for this family if they stop price matching at RCSS. We will have to spend a lot more time and gas actually having to go the store that actually has it on sale rather then just going to RCSS for a one stop shop. The other big factor will be it will eliminate being able to stack multiple discount savings on the same item. EG price match + coupon + pc points and sometimes if you were lucky you could even add in CO51

@Thatdone I am thinking the same here for my family because we do most of our Shopping at RCSS . We occasionally go to Walmart to PM and it has to be a store that RCSS would not PM with. FreshCo also reduce there list as of Sept 7 . The one next to me used to PM all Loblaws banner store , Sobeys, FoodBasic , Metro Nations, Oceans, and others that I can’t remember now there list is just Walmart, RCSS, Food Basic and No Frills

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Not good news ,i use to go to walmart a fair amount as its 10 minutes away ,but not anymore.I price matched their sugar for 1.00 the other day to giant tiger and bought 2 .

Its hard to believe it had minimal usage with all us couponers out there as walmart stated.
    walkonby, cath007, crafter and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Its hard to believe it had minimal usage with all us couponers out there as walmart stated.
    Minimal usage very likely just means that PMed items only comprise a small % of WM's total sales. For me, this is easy to believe because I realize that serious PMers make up only a very small % of all consumers. In my case, out of all the people I know IRL, there's only one who PMs seriously. Some others PM and/or coupon casually, and most do (almost) none of either, even when I tell them about deals.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I haven't shopped there for at least 2 years since they started getting picky with PMs

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

well this is a very sad day indeed! I rely on the Pm-ing game.
    UGH!!! Not happy.
    Thank you for posting this @padyofurniture
    cath007 and padyofurniture like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

That is so sad,.,... I rarely go to wal mart I am a maxi and cie kind of person because maxi and cie is 10 minutes in car from me and wal mart is at the end of the city so maybe 25 minutes ........but I liked the fact that wal mart pming is more than the 4 items policie of maxi and maybe giant tiger,..(I am not sure I rarelly go there,end of the city too)
    And they pmed all the stores and pharmacies in my area ......i finded that very conveniant...
    Maxi only pm provigo ,giant tiger,metro,super c ,iga and pharmaprix(sdm)
    maxi used to pmed all at the beginning but i guess with people abusing or I dont frankly know the reason ..they stopped this and they are super severe....so yes that suck big time ...not happy
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Sep 21st, 2020 at 08:49 AM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

After October 15, I have no reason to set foot inside Walmart again.

I will just price match at Maxi and Giant Tiger and go to individual stores for their own specials.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Honestly, we rarely shop at Wal-Mart and when we do it is because we want to Price Match so I see our shopping trips going down.

It surprises me how they say the volume of Price Matching has gone but when hearing people discuss it so many people are upset by this decision and say they will shop elsewhere. I know someone said the view is skewed being on Smart Canucks but even reading about this elsewhere (Facebook, 680 News, Radio, CTV News) a lot of people are upset over this move and say they Price Match at Wal-Mart.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    After October 15, I have no reason to set foot inside Walmart again.

I will just price match at Maxi and Giant Tiger and go to individual stores for their own specials.
    That’s my plan even though I rarely shop there

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Honestly, we rarely shop at Wal-Mart and when we do it is because we want to Price Match so I see our shopping trips going down.

It surprises me how they say the volume of Price Matching has gone but when hearing people discuss it so many people are upset by this decision and say they will shop elsewhere. I know someone said the view is skewed being on Smart Canucks but even reading about this elsewhere (Facebook, 680 News, Radio, CTV News) a lot of people are upset over this move and say they Price Match at Wal-Mart.
    The samples are skewed on all those sources because none of them have any interest in quoting ow showing someone who says it will barely affect them or won't affect them at all. So what they all did was ask one person after the next until they found someone who said what they wanted to appear in their report.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I am with @couponmummy , @flemeth and @SassyAshley .
    There are other stores I can shop at.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

I find the spokeperson's statement is contradicting "minimal usage of our ad match program, while at the same time the program has been causing delays at the checkout"
    if there is a low usage of ad match then there should be less frequent delays at the checkout
    plus, they could train their employees better then there should not be any delays whether the delay is due to price matching or other reasons.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information