User Tag List

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
Like Tree2488Likes

Thread: October 2020 Frugal Chatter(Harvest the savings)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Not a frugal day but I was happy finding 6 Monopoly stickers today, and also found $1.30 worth of containers (I used a bus fare and got things done). Treated self to Angus burger combo at Harveys-that toasted bun was so worth the wait! Got a little food shopping done at Denningers and also two packages of Christmas napkins (since Sobeys no longer carries Compliments napkins in prints). The rain is not helping to keep my spirits bright.

I literally bagged leaves yesterday morning before a pickup to go to the library. When I returned, a tree crew was trimming three of our trees, so there were many branches and wood bits to rake up and bag for today's collection. Which meant 3h+ nap after a snack break because my back went on strike! I have one yard waste bag left and wish I had jumped on Home Hardware's $1.99 for 5 bags deal over a week ago.

Next headache-finding an 18w cfl bulb with that GU24 bottom (two metal pins). only Amazon seems to have the right wattage or I'd be stuck buying a 6 pk of bulbs at one major store. The bulb is from a bathroom vent/lighting unit and expired two months shy of 7 years of use!

Das Journal newspaper contains the Edelweiss Imports Christmas catalog. I'm going to look it over again, as it seems not to feature food as much as mostly giftware.
    barbis9, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Please celebrate with me!

I paid off my university student loan today. I double checked the exact amount and paid it off in full!
    Many MANY congratulations!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Isn't that brand of Frozen fruits sold at Food Basics and somewhere else?
    No food basics in qc
    Ciel likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Cath Food Basics is owed by Metro but I do not know if Ontario Metro and Quebec Metro stores are comparable.
    barbis9, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    @Cath Food Basics is owed by Metro but I do not know if Ontario Metro and Quebec Metro stores are comparable.
    Yeah no comparable my metro only sell their brand I checked ..so I will purchase those at gt when I will be near
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Another busy day but that is life right now, although I had a nice chat with my Dad this morning before the day got started.

Dishes are done, kitchen is almost clean, have one counter I need to wipe down still, will only take a few seconds but I just cut myself up a apple to snack on.

Bathroom is clean except the floors, will do all the floors either tomorrow or Thursday night.

Did some shopping in my basement and refilled a few of my spices that were empty. When I say I stocked up on everything I did stock up on everything even spices. Although there was one I thought of the other day I did not buy, I gotta learn to write these things down.

I was going to make myself Potato Soup for dinner but decided to just have Quinoa Chicken Parm from the freezer instead. To be honest I was worried by the time I got the Potato Soup going and cooking I would be done for the night and no cleaning would be done. I already knew I was going to have to push through as I woke up really tired today even though I slept last night, I hate when this happens always makes for a long day. But I got my cleaning done so I am happy.

I need to start to plan this weekend's meal prep, last weekend I made Cheese Tortillas with Chilli Gravy and Stuffed Peppers. The Tortillas with Chilli Gravy are already gone and I will eat the last of the Stuffed Peppers for lunch tomorrow. Hopefully tomorrow night's dinner will have leftovers to get through lunches for the rest of the week. Mom will make dinner tomorrow as she is off.

Alright apple is gone, time to clean that last counter and relax a little before bed. I am really trying to work on finding me time/down time so I have been trying to be done any cleaning and done working by 7:30 each night so I have time to relax and unwind before bed.

Have a great night everyone.
    Ciel, coupon girl and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went out to winners this afternoon looking for a winter coat for me .Nope didnt find anything all smaller sizes .I did find a toy my grandson likes to collect and a lovely black mud mask in a tub for me reduced 4.00 and lavender hand soap reduced to 4.00 also.

I am on a xmas roll just ordered from well.ca for the first time and got a 5% discount saved $2.20,got my smallest granddaughter a baby doll bed ,then thru in some watkins products for me .
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Just made coffee and eggs with rye toast. Dishes washed. Kitchen clean.
    Dinner tonight- Fend for yourself/leftovers. We will make dinner later tonight not sure what yet.

DS is raking leaves school and putting the bins in my SUV. I will take to the dump tomorrow.

I packed up a few bins of garage sale stuff yesterday. Will pop out there now and keep at it. Cleaning off the big table and will put it up out of the way. Then move DS's hockey net and will be able to park in there

Have a fantastic day everyone!
    Ciel, coupon girl, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I posted 2 more items and reduced my tops in price-lets hope they go .I havent had any sales since i sold my puzzles .

Frugalbigmama do you sell thru the winter (when we have snow) just curious as i may put the table away in nov and pull the ads til spring .We will see,as i dont have a cell phone so i am always checking my emails on my desktop thruout the day .

I havent gotten groceries in 2 weeks other than milk and bread ,due to being sick with the mild sinus infection /cold .Now i am better will go out this week at some point.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Oct 28th, 2020 at 10:25 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I posted 2 more items and reduced my tops in price-lets hope they go .I havent had any sales since i sold my puzzles .

Frugalbigmama do you sell thru the winter (when we have snow) just curious as i may put the table away in nov and pull the ads til spring .We will see,as i dont have a cell phone so i am always checking my emails on my desktop thruout the day .

I havent gotten groceries in 2 weeks other than milk and bread ,due to being sick with the mild sinus infection /cold .Now i am better will go out this week at some point.
    Selling in the winter is very slow. I am packing up mostly all the stuff and keeping in corner in the garage for the Spring. Will start posting online again then and then have a garage sale and be done with it! Will keep purging the house and post as I go and if it sells great and if not in the Spring it will go
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

DS raked up the leaves and the back of my SUV is ready for the dump tomorrow. Will take an afternoon break and take it there.

DS cooked up the chicken/spinach stuffed pasta my sister bought us a few weeks ago at Costco. Happy to have that out of the fridge.
    Will give the fridge a clean out tomorrow.

I cooked up rice this afternoon. We decided to make Shrimp fried rice later tonight with a few leftover spring rolls in the fridge and sauteed peppers/onions and mushrooms. Simple and good!
    Ciel, cath007, crafter and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    We have not turned on our heat yet but feel it is coming soon, grrrrr, our house is a pain to heat. We heat with Baseboards and there are not enough in the house to heat properly so they run 24/7. I have looked into other option but just have not been able to come up with the upfront costs yet, thought maybe this year was the year but some other things came up.

Did not get anything done at home tonight, I had to get some work done. I have been getting a ton done this week but since I am working across a couple of locations I am finding it hard to keep up with what I have done, what I need to do. Tonight I sat down and sorted through everything figured out what is done, what needs to be done.

So far I do not have a schedule for next week and to be honest I am afraid to ask. I would really love a week where I can just be me and get caught up but with so many people being off right now I do not see this being an option. With this being said tomorrow I will need to bite the bullet and ask.

Although I am doing my best to still get a little bit of me time each night to try to relax and unwind. The craziness is not going to end anytime soon but I cannot keep going like this. I do not know why but I find it so hard to put myself first and say this is what I need or make sure I do what I need for me.

Alright time to pack up and relax a little before bed, I think it will be an early night tonight.

Have a great night everyone
    Ciel, coupon girl and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@SassyAshley Speaking of spices--I was stunned last week that I could only find 3 of 5 items on my spice list at Sobeys --my usual go-to place for spices. No nutmeg! Had to get that at Longos. No dried rosemary leaves either. Longos has the large Club House plastic jar for $7.99-may end up getting it if not at another store that might carry McCormicks (kind of hard to find a full line at any store and Sobeys was the closest thing to having the full line.
    @coupon girl I went to the former Hudson Bay Home location at Lime Ridge Mall last night, thinking I might find ironing board covers as the main dept. store does not have them (online had a couple of covers showing during the summer). Was stunned to see 3/4 of store is clothing with some footwear in one corner and remnants of furnishings on last call pricing in other corner. Found 2 Lord & Taylor turtlenecks ($19. 99 & $14.99m, reduced from $24.99 but I was charged $10.49EACH so that was a deal. Clothing is mostly summer with a few pieces that could work for fall with longer sleeves, but there are a few racks of womens winter coats at the entrance. Menswear-some cool looking summer shirts in larger sizes. Footwear-mostly size 9 or smaller slides or flat sandals for ladies (no idea if there was anything for the men.

Hot Topic in the mall has a buy 2 get 1 free sock deal so I got 3pr of the no show socks that feature Wonder Woman 84 designs (two different ones ) and one pair with Totoro from the My Neighbour Totoro animated movie. There's a small clearance area in the back corner plus a rack of tops on clearance past the cash desk.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

November's thread is up as of yesterday (as I might not be online on Sunday):
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/440979...thread-canada/

There's that clock change most Canadians have to get through on the weekend.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Today was mostly about raking leaves, bagging them and running the mower in areas that have not been cut in recent days. Felt good but it is tiring stuff. Did take a nap as my back was not happy with what I was doing. Not doing any nutritious meals-had oatmeal raisin cookies for breakfast along with rye toast and jam. Lunch-Cavendish fries. By suppertime I was craving a burger combo but ate Bro's leftover pizza slices.

I am bored of Liptons chicken soup with spices or pasta surprise. Need to get some sandwich supplies and cereal soon. I'd like to try a beef and lentil version of Bolognese sauce: https://www.lentils.org/recipe/lentil-bolognese/

Mom was unhappy that I used the dryer to dry one load of my new and old clothing-she wanted me to hang everything outside, but I stood firm and said no. That cold wind was not going to do any drying and I had left the laundry rather late in the afternoon but wanted everything washed and ready for the next couple of days. I dislike panicking to get something ironed just before I need to wear it and I try to plan ahead so I don't tempt Procrastination too often (we are buddies from decades of acquaintanceship).

(My, how several of the keys on Bros laptop stick or won't work without some serious downstroke striking. Maybe its time to get a new laptop....he left this one on!)
    barbis9, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread Information