User Tag List

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1382Likes

Thread: November 2020 Frugal Chatter thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    @SassyAshley it's interesting you mentioned the Romaine shortage, I noticed a lady stocking up with multiple grocery bags full of Romaine at Metro this week. She must have been stocking up for a restaurant or something. During Romaine shortages, we use baby spinach(in the plastic bins) for caesar salads (creamy dressing) and it's a good alternative.
    p.s. your Teriyaki Chicken sounds delish
    We have been making ceaser with the field greens in the plastic container. I didn't think I would like it but I do!
    barbis9, Ciel, crafter and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF! 3 day weekend for me since I took Monday off. Ready for a relaxing weekend!!

Had a $10 sale and pick up before 8am this morning. She sent me an etransfer and then came right away. Will transfer it to the travel account Someone else said they want to pick up a huge item in my garage today too. Will see if they message later or not. Another $10 and out of my garage

Apparently we are making sushi one night this weekend. He bought all the supplies needed already. The others are sushi lovers. I am not. Will make a good night of it

I am preparing for a fancy taco night. I see the refried beans etc on sale somewhere so will make sure to grab all the extras so I am ready. Planning it on the 1st snowed in Sat night Tacos and game night Kids will like it.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Woke up wide awake just before 5am this morning so I decided to just get up and start my day. Seemed like a good idea at the time but now it feels like it might make for a long day LOL. I had everything I wanted to have done by lunch today done by 9 am so that is good.

I will probably take about a 30 minutes break around lunch time, get up move around, maybe start some stuff for my meal prep for tomorrow. I have officially started my list and have come up with Dinner items I want to make but still need to figure out some Breakfast options. I am not good at eating Breakfast but I think it is because I rarely eat eggs so I feel I have few breakfast options toast and cereal get boring fast. Thinking I might make muffins or breakfast bars.

For dinners I have decided on:
    Teriyaki Chicken Packets
    Spinach & Ricotta Stuffed Shells
    Homemade Mac & Cheese
    Taco Meat

I might still add more, not sure yet, will have to see how I feel. I am trying to find some balance in life, I find what I do is work my butt off with work all week and then the weekend comes and I move to house stuff with a little work thrown in and I just feel like I never get a break. Even when I take a weekend off and crash than come Monday I jump right back in. I just need to find balance, I want to stop feeling exhausted all the time.

I still need to figure out dinner for tonight. Mom is going out today to pick something up might see if she will stop by Wal-Mart and grab BBQ sauce and then we could have BBQ Chicken for dinner or completely opposite I could make a nice pot of Beef Stew.

Alright time to get back to work, see if I can get more off my to do list.

Have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Due to circunstances of my bad health I choose to not post anymore and leave couponning thanks
    Hugs ((((())))) @cath007 .
    Giseledta, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    for those who have Aeroplan their newly launched AP allows you to share points between family members-which may help with using up orphaned points.
    Definitely share that on the Rewards thread in Finance too! Excellent points benefit! Does Aeroplan ding you $ per point shared?

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

For those of you wanting a change in recipes, get your hands on the Nov. 2020 issue of Men's Health (with the Lenny Kravitz cover) at your store or library. Yotem Ottolenghi has three new plant-based recipes--take note of the ultimate roasted ragu sauce that uses two types of mushrooms, some red wine and lentils. Two series of 40min sessions in the oven to make the sauce though, so be prepared! I could not find it on the website but if you do find it, do post the link!

M&M Food Market frozen items at Rexall-note flyer deals when posted or the shelf tags.
    last week I bought 4 of them to try as two are discontinued and well I wanted to know if I liked them.

Love the Mediterranean Chicken Breast-cooked it in the toaster oven (not suggested but usually 40-45min at 375F works for most frozen dinners).
    Sesame Noodle dinner-cooked it on the stovetop then added 1/2 cup water. Maybe should have used less, but I figure hot boiling water would help the ice in the meal thaw and add some more liquid. Tasty and I enjoyed the "soup" too.
    Mixed Grilled Veggies in a foil tray-put it in the oven. Love the mix of veggies but detest balsamic vinegar. Did like the spice blend--noticed some rosemary in the mix.
    Mexican Appetizers Party Pack-liked 3 of the 4. Not a fan of spicy cheese, whether in this appetizer or chip form. Mom joined me in eating some of them as the oven warmed up the house and we were both peckish around 8pm.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Got some groceries at Walmart yesterday with my cart and did a second minor shop at Fortinos for yard waste bags and a reduced price dessert and sliced bread.
    Ran over leaves in the yard with the mowers. Job done. I'm also over raking.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ceil-my hubby ran over leaves with lawn mower yesterday then used them to cover our front beds of where our bushes and day lilies ,lavender are.

Went grocery shopping this mmorning early at 8.00 a.m before all the people but alas got overcharged on my pistachios so will go back on sat.

I wanted to do a promo where i get a 10.00 gift card from sobeys as i spent over 50.00 and bought 2 general mills products ,but you cant upload the whole reciept -no room so i called them and she did say i can mail in with a return postage envelope ,so that i will do .

Tired today and my pick up last night didnt show as "she was running late ,sorry " is all i got then no comment today -man some people on kijiji .Cant someone just say sorry i am no longer interested .I messaged someone that was giving away a free swivel chair yesterday but it went fast .

I Just feel drained today ,have been going thru a lot emotionally.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m teaching Grade 7 cyber school this year. Today I experienced an unexpected power outage for 1.5hrs...that certainly made my job a lot harder. Power and internet are back on. I have a little over 2hrs before my children arrive home from school.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Took a break this afternoon and an to No Frills as I wanted to get eggs, they did not have any Grrrrr. But I did end up getting:
    1 x Lemons (Price Matched Freshco $2.97/2 lb bag, I love Warm Lemon and water when it is cold out)
    4 x Zucchini (Price Matched Freshco $1/lb)
    1 x Peppers $3.97 (2.5 lb bag)
    4 x Frozen Spinach $1 (Was going to Price Match Zehrs but No Frills has one sale, love the new packages where they have 2 bricks so I can just defrost half)
    1 x Baby Spinach $3.97 plus 50% off (Only bought it cause it had a pink sticker)
    2 x Packages of Steaks $6.97/lb (each pack had 3 steaks and were $12 & $13, nice treat, plus I had a points offer)
    1 x Apples $3.97 (6 lb bag)

Spent about $40, higher than I wanted to spend but I had not planned on the Steaks which is $25 so without those I would have been right where I wanted to be. The Steaks will be a nice treat, we split one for that will be 6 meals for $25 which is just over $2 per meal, can't complain about that for steak.

Turns out there was a No Frills just down the road from where Mom was picking something up so she ran in, she got the second last package of eggs which makes me happy. This was the one thing we needed but did not get at Costco because they were going on Sale at No Frills.

Think I am done work for the day unless I get a phone call or email I have to deal with today. Time to move on to some house stuff. I have added more to my to do list for tomorrow. Cannot do much prep today as I have no fridge space to store anything overnight but if I have a plan I should still be in good shape tomorrow. Worst comes to worst I pre prep tomorrow and finish up Sunday but we will see.

Alright off to do some planning and also figure out dinner, it is still a mystery to me.

Have a great night everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

@Ciel when at Rexall try the mini springs rolls https://www.mmfoodmarket.com/en/our-...e-spring-rolls. MY DH loves them! I try to buy them when they're on sale or I get a seniors discount
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    For those of you wanting a change in recipes, get your hands on the Nov. 2020 issue of Men's Health (with the Lenny Kravitz cover) at your store or library. Yotem Ottolenghi has three new plant-based recipes--take note of the ultimate roasted ragu sauce that uses two types of mushrooms, some red wine and lentils. Two series of 40min sessions in the oven to make the sauce though, so be prepared! I could not find it on the website but if you do find it, do post the link!

M&M Food Market frozen items at Rexall-note flyer deals when posted or the shelf tags.
    last week I bought 4 of them to try as two are discontinued and well I wanted to know if I liked them.

Love the Mediterranean Chicken Breast-cooked it in the toaster oven (not suggested but usually 40-45min at 375F works for most frozen dinners).
    Sesame Noodle dinner-cooked it on the stovetop then added 1/2 cup water. Maybe should have used less, but I figure hot boiling water would help the ice in the meal thaw and add some more liquid. Tasty and I enjoyed the "soup" too.
    Mixed Grilled Veggies in a foil tray-put it in the oven. Love the mix of veggies but detest balsamic vinegar. Did like the spice blend--noticed some rosemary in the mix.
    Mexican Appetizers Party Pack-liked 3 of the 4. Not a fan of spicy cheese, whether in this appetizer or chip form. Mom joined me in eating some of them as the oven warmed up the house and we were both peckish around 8pm.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Yumm just had bbq steak ,roasted potatoes and corn ,got 3 steaks on sale at sobeys today $18.00 and the one was beautiful ,hubby said restaurant quality,froze the other 2 .

Had a small nap this afternoon guess i needed it .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My honey made us a wonderful ravioli dinner with homemade sauce and garlic naan bread. Im ashamed to say i drank an entire bottle of wine myself and dont feel a thing. Usually 1 glass has me tipsy. Night!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -up early .

Well the kijiji person never got back to me ,sometimes its a hassle .

I just had an email from walmart for a free calender from their photo shop for 2021,the code is good til nov 15th .So i did it totally free a nice gift for me as i still use a wall calender in my kitchen ,that made my day
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

[QUOTE=coupon girl;709688
    I Just feel drained today ,have been going thru a lot emotionally.[/QUOTE]

Hugs to you. Hope things get better soon for you.
    Ciel, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information