User Tag List

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: What made you happy, smile, laugh, or feel joy today?

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

This story. I mean yeah, I can say I have friends BUT this guy has FRIENDS!!!!

Silk and SnowFlakey like this.

babies teach us acceptance

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's just like every other day. I'm thankful that I got a roof over my head, I've got family living with me, food & water, & living in a beautiful country. I, myself, feel that if I have all those things, I feel rich already. I don't need billions of dollars, & cameras following me, in order to feel rich. I truly am blessed with a great life. Nothing could make it better - well maybe a few things in mind, but right now, how I am living, it is wonderful. I try to pray each and every single day to God about how thankful I am. However, I always wonder, if I didn't have this or that, where would I be? Would I end up on the streets? I do really feel bad for the unfortunate - I pray for them as well. I pray for their health & in hopes that they'll find something better in life. I pray for the people in wars and the soldiers dying for us each and every day. What a life it is right now. It seems as more generations pass by, the worse it gets. Great, lovely question. It actually made my day. It made me feel more thankful for my surroundings. Thank you!
    Last edited by bonnieshona; Sat, Mar 27th, 2021 at 02:37 PM.
    Silk likes this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Lovely post @bonnieshona - thank you for sharing
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

So this morning 2 things gave me the happy/sad tears....one was a Netflix movie called Hillbilly Elegy. I was unaware it was based on a real family....( that is when the waterworks started as the credits ran ).
    Now I will HAVE to get the book with the same name.

The second thing was a follow up on the news story about Gunner, the sweet 4 month old Cavalier King Charles pup who was rescued from a pond in the jaws of an alligator by his owner ( Richard Wilbanks ).
    ( That video rescue is in the link below ),
    Richard went underwater, grabbed the gator with Gunner in his mouth, pried the jaws open
    ( sustaining personal injuries to his own hands ) allowing his pup to scramble up the grass.
    Most hilarious, Richard never dropped his cigar from his mouth!!

Well today you can call Gunner " Deputy Dawg! " ha ha
    The local sheriff deputized him......

https://twitter.com/i/status/1337113661282906113
    Last edited by walkonby; Sat, Dec 12th, 2020 at 09:07 AM.
    Silk and crafter like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

This is being posted for @Lynn49
    I know you adore those tiny baby bats....but did you know bats can live to a ripe old age? I was unaware.
    Meet Statler, he is a one-eyed bat who is 33 years old!!

Last edited by walkonby; Wed, Feb 3rd, 2021 at 11:29 AM.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

You wanna know whats good about getting old. Well the pharmaceutical companies think its great about peeps getting old because they are using more pills for whatever ails them!!

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Giving my DIL more necessities for her first baby (my 3rd grandchild).

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Story of Adam & Eve's Dog
    Adam and Eve said, "Lord, when we were in the garden, you walked with us every day. Now we do not see you anymore.
    We are lonesome here, and it is difficult for us to remember how much you love us. "
    And God said, "I will create a companion for you that will be with you and who will be a reflection of my love for you so that you will love me even when you cannot see me. Regardless of how selfish or childish or unlovable, you may be, this new companion will accept you as you are and will love you as I do, in spite of yourselves."

And God created a new animal to be a companion for Adam and Eve. And it was a good animal and God was pleased.

And the new animal was pleased to be with Adam and Eve and he wagged his tail.
    And Adam said, "Lord, I have already named all the animals in the Kingdom and I cannot think of a name for this new animal."

And God said, "I have created this new animal to be a reflection of my love for you, his name will be a reflection of my own name, and you will call him DOG."

And Dog lived with Adam and Eve and was a companion to them and loved them.
    And they were comforted. And God was pleased.And Dog was content and wagged his tail.

After a while, it came to pass that an angel came to the Lord and said, "Lord, Adam and Eve have become filled with pride. They strut and preen like peacocks and they believe they are worthy of adoration. Dog has indeed taught them that they are loved, but perhaps too well."

And God said, "I will create for them a companion who will be with them and who will see them as they are. The companion will remind them of their limitations, so they will know that they are not always worthy of adoration."

And God created CAT to be a companion to Adam and Eve.

And Cat would not obey them. And when Adam and Eve gazed into Cat's eyes, they were reminded that they were not the Supreme Beings.

And Adam and Eve learned humility. And they were greatly improved.

And God was pleased. And Dog was happy.

And the Cat . . .

didn't give a sh*t one way or the other…….

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Hubby ordered out for breakfast and went to pick it up!
    Silk and walkonby like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Billius View Post
    I finally got a dream job! I have made so many efforts to achieve that! Well, now you can congratulate me! The company I work for now approved my CV last week. And I still can't believe that. By the way, here is the website where I found the offer https://ca.jooble.org/jobs/Belleville%2C-ON
    That's great! Congrats on your getting your dream job!!!
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

That we are now a orange zone with covid that was about time!!!!
    For my cat eve who is so funny
    Silk likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    That's great! Congrats on your getting your dream job!!!
    It may not be a great idea to reply to posts by new spam accounts.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Finally the medical experts have it right! ESPECIALLY the last one.....
    Doctor's Opinions

Medical experts in Ottawa today were asked if it is time to ease the COVID lockdowns.

Allergists were in favour of scratching it, but Dermatologists advised not to make any rash moves.
    Gastroenterologists had a sort of a gut feeling about it, but Neurologists thought the government had a lot of nerve.
    Obstetricians felt certain everyone was labouring under a misconception, while Ophthalmologists considered the idea short-sighted.
    Many Pathologists yelled, "Over my dead body!"
    , while Paediatricians said, "Oh, grow up!"
    Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness, while Radiologists could see right through it.
    Surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing, and pharmacists claimed it would be a bitter pill to swallow.
    Plastic Surgeons opined that this proposal would "put a whole new face on the matter."

Podiatrists thought it was a step forward, but Urologists were pissed off by the whole idea.
    Anaesthetists thought the whole idea was a gas, and Cardiologists didn't have the heart to say no.
    In the end, the Proctologists won out, leaving the entire decision up to the assholes in politics
    Silk and flemeth like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I first saw this lovely woman on The Graham Norton Show ( BBC ) and did it ever leave me wanting to know more about her.
    Her name is Nadiya Hussain, she rose to fame in 2015 by winning a competition called The Great British Bake Off.
    ( I have never seen the show )
    Today I discovered that she is now on Netflix!! ( started in February ) and her baking segments are not only a tempting dive into all things sugar and sweet, but she is such a delightful person that you experience no guilt ( or calories ) from her recipes.

Her personality is just so positive and uplifting, I dare anyone not to smile as you watch her. lol.

Silk likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Many of the cakes I have iced or frosted, attempted to embellish with decorations over the years have turned out to look more like a " before " photo. That never prevented me from beaming from ear to ear at my masterpiece!
    ( being delusional helps )
    The flavours of each thing is usually stellar, so the family has learned to accept that I am not Martha Stewart or more recently like my new idol Nadiya ( in post above ^^ )

Today was no exception. I wanted to use my kitchen mixer and decided on a 3 layer dark Choc. Cake.
    Recipe had some quirky things like using oil to cream with the sugar. I noticed an ingredient (sour cream ) and used what was left in the tub. Got to use up some of the big container of cocoa powder DD left here.

Anyhow...I am posting the pic. because it really did make me laugh as I was trying so hard to build this thing.
    Cake(s) had been chilled in the fridge for at least an hour, butter icing was easy to spread...but still it would not cooperate.

enjoy! and have a chuckle on me...it's free!

Name:  Nailed It.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  36.9 KB
    Silk, coupon girl, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information