User Tag List

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree225Likes

Thread: Time of Use Electricity Rates

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had checked my account online, and the status said Tiered, but the online tracking (I looked at daily use) still showed TOU. So I called Toronto Hydro and they confirmed I was switched over to Tiered on the correct date. So now I just wait for the online tracking to catch up and/or get my Nov-Dec bill. Shall be interesting to see what it shows me.
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ontario lowering hydro bills during province-wide COVID-19 lockdown

https://dailyhive.com/toronto/ontari...wn-hydro-bills

28 days of 8.5 cents per KWh from Jan 1 2021
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yay, inexpensive hydro for my next birthday! Better than the rate we had during April-August 2020. However, I notice that temperatures will get a touch chillier this weekend and into next week. Reach for throw blankets and your favourite warm drinks and fuzzy warm socks (slippers too if they are easy to wear and to walk in).
    GoodBoy likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Received my last Toronto Hydro statement.

Confirmed I am definitely on Tiered rate structure. A cursory analysis shows that I saved approximately 2-3$ by being on Tiered. This is in line with what the analysis tool implied when I did a comparison in October.

So bottom line is I am pleased to have switched. Savings are there and I can use hydro at any time and not be concerned with the rate.
    Ciel, coupon girl and crafter like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just a reminder for folks in Ontario

Residential rate changes

Changes as of January 1, 2021

To support Ontarians currently staying home during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Ontario government has announced they're providing relief by temporarily holding the price of electricity at the fixed rate of 8.5¢/kWh for all customers paying Time-of-Use (TOU) and Tiered rates under the Regulated Price Plan (RPP). This reduced rate will automatically be applied to your bill — no customer action is required. Delivery Charges and the Ontario Electricity Rebate (OER) were also updated.
    Ciel and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I had to remind my Bro about the fixed rate for most of January today as he said I was wasting electricity today. However, this week, it's been a pleasure to do laundry during the daytime and not worry about the kwh rate for peak periods. I'm sure there are households still adjusting to online schooling and work from home and figuring out who goes online and during what times to share Internet access and other electrical devices.
    Anna Michele and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

If Ontarians don't get the continued 8.5cents per kwh no matter which hour of the day (after Jan.28), I predict a hard reality adjustment for everyone. Such a treat to get the tiered rate experience this month for all activities needing electrical power.

Enjoy the remainder of the alloted days, just in case!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/6...sses-and-farms: "The Ontario government is extending electricity rate relief for families, small businesses and farms to support those spending more time at home in response to the provincial Stay-at-Home Order. The government will continue to hold electricity prices to the off-peak rate of 8.5 cents per kilowatt-hour until February 9, 2021. This lower rate is available 24 hours per day, seven days a week for Time-Of-Use and tiered customers."

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yes, typical Ontario government cliffhanger-making residents wait on the last day to find out about extensions. Victory on the low hydro rate extension especially as the winter snow and windchill is lingering this week!
    crafter and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am pleased they extended the lowest rate but to be honest since I am on tiered a change back to regular would not have been a huge shock for me.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Received the most recent Toronto Hydro bill. Interesting reading and somewhat eye opening.

First - we used more hydro than the previous month. That was easy to understand

Next the change to the 8.xx from the Tiered rate of 12.xx did not make a huge difference. Yes some for sure, but not huge

Finally and this was the most interesting, The Ontario government appears to have reduced the Ontario Energy Rebate we get on the bill.

I did some searching and in October it was 31.8%. They made a slight increase for November 01 2020 to 33.2%. What got me looking into this was my rebate this month was significantly lower than previous months and more usage. So ... what happened?

Well it appears that as of 2021-01-01 the Ontario Energy Rebate was dropped to 21.2%. That is a significant drop and helped me understand why my bill, while understandable usage and cost wise, had a lower rebate. They dropped the amount they are giving back to us.

It was bound to happen, but there sure was not a notice that I was aware of anyway.

So if your hydro bill in Ontario is larger than you thought maybe it should be, compare your rebate amount to previous months. Likely that may be a major reason!
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@GoodBoy That makes sense about the lower rebate as fiscal year end is March 31 and the government is looking for savings.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/6...es-and-farms-1: "The Ontario government is once again extending electricity rate relief for families, small businesses and farms to support those spending more time at home while the province maintains the Stay-at-Home Order in the majority of public health regions. The government will continue to hold electricity prices to the off-peak rate of 8.5 cents per kilowatt-hour until February 22, 2021. This lower rate is available 24 hours per day, seven days a week for Time-Of-Use and tiered customers."
    Ciel, emma008 and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Opened the last Hydro One bill and went spare at seeing a double amount. However, the bill is for the reconciliation month (in line with when Mom had the account set up in her name after paying out Dad's account). Seems our budgeted amount left account about 43.00 underbilled so HO charged $100.75. Budgeted amount will change from $51 per month to $55 per month.

Summer TOU rates/hours begin on May 1. For Ontario:
    https://www.oeb.ca/rates-and-your-bi...time-use-rates

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I switched to flat rate as I never go over 1,000 kwh a month. That way I can use hydro whenever I want and avoid the expensive day time rates.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information