User Tag List

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1453Likes

Thread: December 2020 Frugal Chatter thread (ring in the holidays)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I just popped over to No Frills-apples were marked 1.88 for 3 lb but rang it at only 1.49-works for me!
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Reminder to check @Ciel for websaver cashback offers you can use those for Your online grocery shopping. The new system is a tad glitchy for me when I submit but if you pre load your wallet you should be good. Otherwise just send them a message via contact us
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    There's a new Finance thread about settlements regarding Canadian class action lawsuits for Microsoft software (PC versions purchased between 1998-2010) now posted.

Have an online grocery order placed for tomorrow for produce and some items that have not been in the house for awhile. Have noticed that what one buys online might not be the same as what's available in-store (selection of salad dressings for example) and vice versa.

Have to figure out days to cook the lentils and beans that were ordered last week, so that there's some plant protein ready for meals or to mix with other foods.

I did step outside for a short period and am noticing how sensitive to the cold I seem to be! The white stuff has slightly frozen to walkways and covered the garlic plants in the garden again. Upside to Dec. 9-we are about 11 days from Winter Solstice, so daylight will be starting to increase and we can think about garden and flower seeds again.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@lizzie bargain Hauler score! Great deal on the apples.
    @crafter I was thinking today how I am paying for delivery and aside from any website promo codes, no coupons to use for online orders. I'll have to poke around about the cashback details you mention as I don't have a digital wallet or app, just websites.
    At the very least, I try to look at the weather forecast for delivery dates and times I want to minimize bad weather for the out of town drivers who bring in the orders.

L'Epicerie is on now-must dash.
    0/0 on deliveries, no phone directory, no weekly paper bundle, no HBC box (day 2 on the CP trucks somewhere)
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

@Ciel here's the link,https://www.websaver.ca/en_ca/digital-coupons

note if you scroll down, most stores (for Ontario anyways) are cashback instead of digital. As I say it's glitchy and it may take awhile yet but if you preload your coupons (you can load for various stores) they get loaded to your digital wallet with websaver.ca
    You do need a cell phone to submit receipts but you might be able to submit via email if you don't have a cell.
    Good luck!
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Thursday!!

Powering through all my work this morning! Have the radio on and its all Christmas music.

More laundry to do today and get it all done and put away.

Using some of the baskets I got for free this summer to sort the kitchen cupboards. Taco stuff in one. Baking in another etc.
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    WOW what a few days it has been, life just feels so insane right now. Work is totally insane as we go into inventory this weekend which is making me very popular. Hoping next week will be a little calmer.

Yesterday we went and did a huge Costco Haul, a little disappointed as Costco was out of a few items we need (like allergy pills), other than allergy pills I was able to find a substitute. I obviously spent a little more than I had wanted to spend but we did get a few treats to have over the Christmas season. The way I see it we have cut out take-out, I have spent very little on stuff around the house this year as I am not going out and shopping so if we spend a little extra on groceries and have a few treats I am good with it, we will still end up under budget over all.

I now have a lot I need to get done around the house. My fridge is bursting at the seams, I have a pile in the stockpile room to put away and some stuff upstairs to be put away. A lot to get done, feeling a little overwhelmed since I have to work this weekend but I am happy with what we have and feeling confident if more restrictions come if I have to I can make it till around the end of January without shopping again.

Alright time to get back it, have a great day everyone.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The community paper arrived sometime early this morning. My grocery order came just before 9am-yay! Those baby carrots in the lunch bundle will be roasted with the cauliflower still lurking in the fridge and some celery ribs. Noticed the paper straws on the Kiju juice boxes-once the straws are in the box, the points get mushy. I tried to use my first straw in another juice box and epic fail...Have fruit box to take us to carry us into next Wednesday and there are two small cut fruit containers from the lunch bundle as well.

Have noticed that some bakery items are not listed online with the service (GroceryGateway)I used, so there's incentive to keep checking at the local store for the seasonal cake loaf of interest.
    Also the Voila by Sobeys stocks only a selection of Farm Boy branded items but you won't find their holiday vegan baked goods there (just a couple of other branded vegan treats).

My HBC box might show up by end of day TOMORROW. Well it was supposed to reach me by end of yesterday and my box is seeing more of Ancaster than I am. Day 3+1 (it was to have shown up on Monday Dec.7). Will have to go for a walk and see what interesting things I find today.

Walmart put a second flyer in today's bundle to promote kitchen appliances and other things. Canadian Tire has a three week gift guide (The Mandalorian toy chest with costumes is still marked down) plus a newspaper sized regular flyer. Michaels is offering 50% off Christmas trees and such. CT is not far behind in Xmas decor! Did not receive Sobeys or Longos flyers. Will check the digital flyers for Fortinos and Food Basics to see what items are shown. Shoppers shows a 15.6 inch Lenovo laptop with double my laptop's memory (I have 4GB/128GB vs this offer's 8GB/254GB)for $549.99 in the coming flyer. I cannot find that model on the manufacturer's website (everything is way more expensive on that site), as I get e-mails from the mfr.

Seems that Saturday will be a sloppy weather day. That means my tea stash is getting a workout! I'll have a cup of camomile for lunch soon-mmm!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just spent some time in the laundry room getting laundry on the go and folding the clean stuff. Have jeans in dryer now to soften them up since they were all hung to dry.

Changed the furnace filter and updated my note on when it was changed lol Have to do this or I will never remember.

Started a new recycling bag since our boxes are full (missed last pick up) and after cleaning out kitchen cupboard I have more to add. Tossed some old stuff and recycled the packaging.

Just cleaned up the budget since payday is coming and starting to think about my 2021 goals.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

For those that are interested in taking advantage of the PC Goat Cheese with the 5000 points. The cranberry one taste like a cheese cake love it . Bought 2 of each flavours this morning and tried the regular and cranberry one. Had the cranberry one on graham cracker and it’s nice. RCSS has these for $6.00 and PCO points is 5000 . Which is $1.00 each after you factoring in the points

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

L'Epicerie: next week the *final new episode for 2020* will discuss spanokopita, that spinach/cheese pie that is made with phyllo pastry (I got the Shoppers PC Optimum offer for phyllo pastry and the goat cheese log and I moved the spinach points offer to next week). I have no plans to make the dish, but the points offers certainly align with incentive to think *spanokopita*!

HBC box landed in the mail box, likely when I was sawing up a fallen tree limb in the backyard! I checked the tracking number online and saw package arrived about 50min before my last lookup. Now I know why my box was in delivery purgatory and yesterday someone at CP had looked up my address-whoever printed off the shipping label did not align the label in the printer, so the left side of my address was missing 2 of the 3 digits for my address. Three days later...so check your shipping labels when they come. The Bay's tracking link in the order confirmation e-mail contains a Rate Your Shipping experience (out of 5 stars) with a text box below it to allow comments. I did comment so I hope I save other customers the delay on their orders!

The cauliflower, celery and baby carrots (cut up) were roasted (on low-broil for about 30min) with red curry (that stuff smells sort of sweet-thanks cardamom!) and some smoked paprika and olive oil, with 4 little garlic cloves tossed in. Delightful flavour as is!

Am looking online at slippers. Mom knows of the shearling slippers at Tootsies but commented that the soles were hard when she tested them at her last visit about a month ago. Long Tall Sally does not stock slippers. Will glance at Simons to see if there are possible contenders (that dept. store does stock some novelty ones but Mom wants practical ones that won't hurt to walk in).

Now if only the phone directory could show up by tomorrow, I will feel relieved. Will ask other locals if they got their copies this week.

Krispy Kreme doughnut fans-did you see the SC post about the dozen original doughnuts for a $1 when you purchase the first dozen doughnuts? Dec. 12 event--you have to figure out which locations might stock those special holiday doughnuts. The only stores I know of in Ontario are either in Mississauga or Toronto. I assume takeout or drive-through are the only options...give the lockdowns in place in Peel Region and Toronto.
    barbis9, lilo0003, crafter and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Busy day here and not just work.

I gathered up and took out all of our recycling although as I type this I just remember there is an empty Laundry Detergent bottle in the basement I forgot to bring up. We had a lot of recycling, I knew the upstairs was full and so was the kitchen but all of a sudden over the past couple of days it seems like we finished a lot of packages/bottles.

Then this afternoon I made an apple cake and 2 Triple Berry Ricotta Loaves. I will leave treats at our 3 local locations for this weekend's inventory. Originally I was only going to make it for the branch I am working in but one co-worker has been moved to another branch as they are short staffed so yeah just easier to leave treats at all 3 locations. I was only going to make the Triple Berry Ricotta Loaves but then I remember one co-worker can not eat it because the berries have seeds so I made the apple cake which works out as now I have 1 loaf to keep at home for us.

I cleaned the kitchen as I went and after dinner as I packed everything up I wiped down all the counters.

I am trying to make my own cleaner using Vinegar, I currently have it sitting under my sink with some Clementine peels in it. I tried it once in the past with Orange Peels but I do not think I had enough peels as it just smelled like vinegar. This time it is getting a nice citrus scent, it obviously still smells like vinegar too but I think it will work once I dilute it. Really hope it works as it would nice to stop buying spray cleaner.

Hope everyone has a great night
    barbis9, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ms. Sunshine is beaming-no fog seen despite yesterday's forecast. Plan to get some light shopping errands done later in the day and hunker down for Saturday. There is one task outside that needs some attention and I've no idea if task will be completed but got to try!
    Got my library time in and about ready to head for home.

More Disney+ viewing is planned for the weekend so I don't have many titles left to view by next Friday.

If Ms. Sunshine is your area, get out and soak up some of the rays! Perks up the spirits...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We made it to another weekend. 5 days of school until Christmas break.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I should have checked in last night because I debateD the cranberry goats cheese @flemeth and then decided no. But still had a great shop. Ran out after a meeting this morning. I spent $60.00 and earned 30000 PCO used 4.00 in coupons and submitted 8.00 to Checkout 51. I felt like a coupon rockstar. The menu planning worked. We have eaten from the menu for 16 days in row. We are planning take out Saturday and then back to the menu until the new year. For those of you that are Costco shoppers I highly recommend the chicken pot pie. Such an easy meal and it’s only 10.00.
    barbis9, Ciel, crafter and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    I have the kitchen to clean up by putting away all the baking utensils and dishes.
    Yesterday I wanted to tried the Cheap Goat cheese so I made a pesto pizza with goat cheese and caramelized onions and when done I drizzled with balsamic vinegar it was yummy not my thing but the family loved it .
    Have laundry to do but will get everything done later since I am the only one awake

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information