User Tag List

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1621Likes

Thread: February Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I for one am happy for the longer daylight hours in February. Here’s to another month of frugal adventures friends.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thank you @lilo0003 for starting this thread. It’s getting harder to find good deal these days. Hoping February brings better deals and coupons

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@flemeth I have noticed some of the "sale" pricing are starting to go up. I am hoping the prices will go down as we move into spring. I seem to remember this happening last year and then as we started heading into spring the prices went down again, fingers crossed.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

$540.47 - January total savings

Coupons used $109.62
    10% off Tuesday $19.28
    Amazon gc - Swagbucks $10
    PCO - NF $50
    Air Miles $100
    CO51 $44.24
    SCOP $9.99
    SARCAN $75.15
    Gift Cards
    $20 - Sobeys Promo
    $5 - Tim’s gc from work
    Stuff Sold $42
    Contest wins
    $22.19 - Pizza Hut
    Haircuts at home $33
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I like that Ontarians have 8.5 cent/kwh electricity through to Feb. 9. As the days get longer, I will be outside more. I am noticing seeds or plant items showing up in flyers (ie. Giant Tiger). Once the stores reopen to customers, I am certain that garden seeds will move quickly.

This month's plan is to cut down on online parcel orders. Have to shop in person when the weather's suitable for walking with a cart. Weekly goal is to go to the library for pickup and return of library materials for Feb. I've started to cancel some holds that seemed fine to place two weeks ago.

Super Bowl Sunday is next week! I like @lilo0003 's younger DS motivation to get free pop with multiple chip buy with coupon. I've been seriously considering the same purchase by mid-week. I'd like to see some of the half-time show as opposed to just watching DVDs most of the time.

Access to the tv/dvd player without family chatting or interference is a big issue. Guess I have to plan stealth viewing sessions between 7-9am to minimize interruptions. Hard to do when Bro is on layoff again and he's doing long viewing sessions too.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I was working on potential supper meal plans. I want a game plan, but if I’m exhausted we might eat chicken nuggets one night.

Monday
    Waffles, bacon, strawberries, whipped cream

Tue
    Chicken fried rice

Wednesday
    Baked cheese loaf Fresh Veggies & fruit

Thursday
    Roast ham, pineapple, noodles
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Sunny but chilly start to the day here today. Of course I didn't move my vehicle to the garage last night so I had to use my credit card to scrape the frost off the windshield.

Happy to be in the office this week since I have lots to do and can power through it so much easier here. (and then file/send it etc without having to put in a pile to deal with it again when in the office)

Leftovers or fend for yourself today for the kids. I think tomorrow night will be breakfast for dinner. Have many options. Will see what we feel like.

Still working on the laundry. Have the last load of whites in the washer to put in the dryer tonight. Then I am caught up for now! Will do another load Thursday night so it is all up to date for the weekend.

Have a great day!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning everyone,
    Off to a good start here.

Our system went down over the weekend initially we thought we were not going to have access this morning but they were able to fix it last night so we had the system this morning, yippee. I was able to knock out a few things I was supposed to do over the weekend before everyone else logged in this morning. I am quicking knocking things off my to-do-list which always makes me happy.

Getting out of bed was super hard this morning, I am not sure why, I thought I slept well but I woke up feeling exhausted this morning. Good news is once I got up and moving although still feeling a little tired I am pushing through.

Before I went to bed I wiped out my second dresser and sorted he load of darks from yesterday.

I put my load of reds/pinks/purples in the washer, they are now hanging up in the basement. The load of Darks & Whites from yesterday are up in my room to be sorted later today. Well I made my breakfast and then well I made my Honey with Lemon I emptied the dishwasher so that is done. I am starting to feel like things are moving forward and I am getting things done.

I am stuck on this whole dinner thing for tonight not sure what it is but lately I have zero food inspiration. I did not get through my Meal Plan yesterday as it just was not coming together and I gave up. Hoping maybe Mom comes up with something.

Looks nice and sunny out but everyone I have spoken to today says how cold it is which I believe as my basement is freezing right now. I will happily stay under my couch blanket and work on some work stuff with short breaks to tackle a couple of things around the house.

Have a great day everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning -not doing much today as i have a cold -yes came down with it sat .Must have been my vigiourous walking the past few days .I noticed i was sweating a bit on sat afternoon when i was walking .So i am in my very warm heavy fleece track pants and a warm top .

I think i will make a honey/lemon hot drink .
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning everyone,
    Off to a good start here.

Our system went down over the weekend initially we thought we were not going to have access this morning but they were able to fix it last night so we had the system this morning, yippee. I was able to knock out a few things I was supposed to do over the weekend before everyone else logged in this morning. I am quicking knocking things off my to-do-list which always makes me happy.

Getting out of bed was super hard this morning, I am not sure why, I thought I slept well but I woke up feeling exhausted this morning. Good news is once I got up and moving although still feeling a little tired I am pushing through.

Before I went to bed I wiped out my second dresser and sorted he load of darks from yesterday.

I put my load of reds/pinks/purples in the washer, they are now hanging up in the basement. The load of Darks & Whites from yesterday are up in my room to be sorted later today. Well I made my breakfast and then well I made my Honey with Lemon I emptied the dishwasher so that is done. I am starting to feel like things are moving forward and I am getting things done.

I am stuck on this whole dinner thing for tonight not sure what it is but lately I have zero food inspiration. I did not get through my Meal Plan yesterday as it just was not coming together and I gave up. Hoping maybe Mom comes up with something.

Looks nice and sunny out but everyone I have spoken to today says how cold it is which I believe as my basement is freezing right now. I will happily stay under my couch blanket and work on some work stuff with short breaks to tackle a couple of things around the house.

Have a great day everyone
    You put way too much pressure on yourself! Sometimes having a few eggs and toast is a great dinner! Keep it simple on the days when you don't know what you feel like.
    I had a bowl of cereal the other night. I'm still alive

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

This made me laugh because honestly I was thinking maybe we will just do Bacon and Tomato Sandwiches tonight LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    You put way too much pressure on yourself! Sometimes having a few eggs and toast is a great dinner! Keep it simple on the days when you don't know what you feel like.
    I had a bowl of cereal the other night. I'm still alive
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    This made me laugh because honestly I was thinking maybe we will just do Bacon and Tomato Sandwiches tonight LOL
    That is one of my favs!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yes don't sweat the small things like what is for dinner-besides if your Mum cooks half the time then you only have to think about dinner half of the nights per week-maybe two of these could be on the weekend when you have more time as I think you said your Mum is not working right now.

Holy smokes I was just doing some tax preparations-we usually do dear daughters first to see what leftover student deductions she can maybe transfer to us. Don't think that will happen this year as her income is significantly higher what with CERB etc. I sent her an email to start saving as I think she will have to pay some taxes. Reality will bite a lot of us in the butt come tax time-DH and I will have to pay some too but we were expecting that.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good deal on Silk ( almond milk etc) pm GT $2.97. $1 print coupon on Silk.ca.
    GT sale ends tomorrow.
    Walmart- toy clearance. My niece loved my Christmas gifts. I found deals on lots of the LOL suprise balls etc and she loves all that stuff.
    I went to Walmart after work to walk around and found tons of different 'surprise" gifts. Pets etc. I also got 2 stocking stuffers for my boys. Some light up stick that you balance or whatever but right up their alley! They will love them. $1 each reg a $9 i think it was. Will keep checking the other similar game things to get marked down.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I had an okay day. I got some cleaning done, some items sorted through and got rid of some expired items on shelves i.e. vitamins. I then tried to look like I knew what I was doing lifting small weights in our living room.

I mentioned our meal plans earlier but things changed but I still find it helpful to post on SC what we're having so that I can use that idea another time.
    We ended up having breaded chicken sandwiches on hot dog buns from the freezer along with a tiny handful of sweet potato fries and carrots/celery sticks.
    I thought I took out ham for dinner but it was a couple of slices of turkey from Christmas. We had open face turkey sandwiches on toasted brown bread I found in the freezer. I also tried a new way of making frozen peas done in the fry pan with butter and garlic, they were tasty. To complete the meal, we had stuff and such and gravy. It's nice to see a bit of space developing in the freezer and cupboards.
    We're chilling watching Netflix movies tonight and then essential grocery shopping tomorrow

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information