User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Are Stores REALLY doing all they can to protect their workers or is it BS?

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I never said it was useless, I said I did not believe it would help as many people do not develop a fever.

Also how do you factor in people who do not have a normal body temp, for myself I naturally have a low body temp so if I register as normal I actually have a fever. Where is I know someone who naturally runs a higher body temp so would they be sent home? The issue here is there is no concrete answer, outside of staying home and never leaving our houses (which is not an option, we need to eat) there is no one measure people can take to ensure they are safe. My concern is people having a false sense of security, I live in a small town which this is our biggest issue everyone feels it won't happen here and people are over reacting yet we have cases and they keep increasing. But, again everyone says well those are just healthcare workers and it is not effecting "normal" or "everyday" people.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    I agree with these sentiments. But to me at least, they don't seem synonymous with saying that taking people's temp. is useless.
    Sadly I have done the same, I do not go out often but one of my favourite stores to shop in pre pandemic is now on my list of places I am not shopping right now.

As I said above I have learned living in a small town means people are not realizing just how serious this is and a number of our stores are picking and choosing which rules they will enforce. One store yes they limit the number of people in the store but it is a lot like what you mentioned above once you get to check out all cashiers are open and at Express where people did not have carts they were lined up side by side to check out. Then they have the 2 belts for bagging your groceries and they had 4 different orders on the belt with people trying to pack there groceries side by side.

With that being said I will say our Shopper's does not have the best layout for check out but to follow social distancing they are only opening on check out right now as if they open the other you cannot social distance well checking out.
    Quote Originally Posted by coupongirl99 View Post
    Well went by the same Shoppers Drug Mart today as I did last week that had a severe lack of proper social distancing at the checkouts but today before entering I looked in through the window.. they hadn't change a thing - so I turned around and left - I'll go take my business somewhere else thank you very much.
    Ciel, coupon girl and dededi like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Was looking at Rexall's Facebook page to find updates on new loyalty program and stopped when
    I saw in a photo a sign mentioning 3m distancing rule.
    https://www.facebook.com/rexalldrugs...type=3&theater

Are Rexall staff scanning card barcodes from a distance (card or phone) or having customers scan their own cards? Curious.
    Wondering how the BE WELL launch will go come May 1.
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Apr 23rd, 2020 at 06:27 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

It looks like more stores feel checking temperatures is a good idea. I read Longos is now also checking temperatures, from what I read all employees must go through a temperature check and customers are only being checked right now at the Vaughan locations which were shut down due to staff testing positive.

I hope it helps but I know they say in Ontario Community Spread has stopped but based on the numbers I am a bit skeptical
    walkonby likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

May 4-Longos shoppers must wear masks to shop in the grocery stores.
    https://www.longos.com/special-message/
    A mask or face covering is required while in the store. Please bring one with you to keep everyone safe.
    Image from the chain's Twitter account:

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mini-rant and the answer to this thread is NO.

Ordered some things on sale online at Old Navy. Chose the extra slow free shipping option b/c Old Navy advertises it as helping their warehouses and staff etc. So I'm thinking sure, I'm working from home, I don't need these clothes right now. Glad Old Navy is thinking of their warehouse staff.

Flash forward to today (it's been over 3 weeks, even with slow shipping my order should have got here by now), I get a generic, oh we're sorry your item is gone. Here's a 10% off code.

WTF

So I could've been an ass, asked for faster shipping and had my full order to me weeks ago. Instead I want to be considerate and their merchandise tracking system is so SH!T (edit: word) that they can't account for things that have been ordered but not shipped yet?? Not only that, the other things I ordered seem OOS online, so I'm probably going to get more of the generic Oops sorry emails. UGH. Why does it seem like it only pays to be inconsiderate?

Regardless of my clothing order, all this does is reinforce the idea that customers shouldn't care about Old Navy's warehouse workers and ask for the fastest shipping possible (either free, or pay more for even faster shipping). So much for all their corporate talk about "please help us care for our workers".

/rant

I know this seems a bit too much like First World Problems. It is a legitimate point though, if corporations provide empty lip service and those who try to be considerate get the short end of the stick, why should people care in the future? It just means their poor warehouse workers may be put in greater danger with increased demand (i.e. less spread out time to meet order processing)
    Last edited by signeda; Wed, May 6th, 2020 at 05:06 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not going to the nearest London Drugs, I did pick up what I need but I worn mask, did not need lining up, it was ok because I practiced 2 m distancing. Got gifts for Mother’s Day Good tasting chips and lower sugar foods and made three cards
    😷
    Linda Evans and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So here's something... I took this photo today at Costco.

They have two registers open side by side, and funelling the customers into the same lane for payment at both registers.

The lane is about 5-feet wide, and customers are literally bumping into one another while making payments.

In the photo below, it should be noted that the tall man, and the woman in the white are NOT together, they are at separate checkouts.

A woman in checkout 9 bumped into the back of me (while I was at lane 10).

When I complained to customer service I was told to "wear a mask" (which I was)
    When I said "Wearing a mask does nothing if people are bumping into me." I had a supervisor come over and say "we're doing the best we can"

No, you're not... there are 18 checkouts. There are only 7 of them open. There's no need to open two together and force customers in a lane that's only wide enough for one.

"We understand your concern and we're doing our best"

Costco... you used to be a leader in this. Social distancing means "stay 6 feet apart" -- and you have signs all over the warehouse saying "stay 6 feet apart" -- and then you funnel people in a narrow lane forcing them to bump into one another.

You put up plexiglass barriers to protect your staff, but do absolutely nothing to protect the customers. Shame shame shame.

That's not right.

Attachment 362853
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Mon, Jun 22nd, 2020 at 08:17 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

RCSS and Zehrs - same thing. I don't think they are monitoring the amount of people inside. The few times I've gone, it looks normal as in same amount of people inside.
    Last time at Superstore, no line up outside, line up inside for the self checkout at least 10 people. When I mentioned to a clerk, he said there are only a certain amount allowed inside yet when I walked inside, it didn't look like anyone was using a counter etc. Mind you, there have been some clerks in the past at the doors that use a counter and stop people from going in. It may be hit and miss depending on who is at the door.
    My 2 cents - "they/we" can't even protect vulnerable residents in LTC, you really think grocery stores are a concern?

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    So here's something... I took this photo today at Costco.

They have two registers open side by side, and funelling the customers into the same lane for payment at both registers.

The lane is about 5-feet wide, and customers are literally bumping into one another while making payments.

In the photo below, it should be noted that the tall man, and the woman in the white are NOT together, they are at separate checkouts.

A woman in checkout 9 bumped into the back of me (while I was at lane 10).

When I complained to customer service I was told to "wear a mask" (which I was)
    When I said "Wearing a mask does nothing if people are bumping into me." I had a supervisor come over and say "we're doing the best we can"

No, you're not... there are 18 checkouts. There are only 7 of them open. There's no need to open two together and force customers in a lane that's only wide enough for one.

"We understand your concern and we're doing our best"

Costco... you used to be a leader in this. Social distancing means "stay 6 feet apart" -- and you have signs all over the warehouse saying "stay 6 feet apart" -- and then you funnel people in a narrow lane forcing them to bump into one another.

You put up plexiglass barriers to protect your staff, but do absolutely nothing to protect the customers. Shame shame shame.

That's not right.

Attachment 362853

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

My local Fortinos store always has one or two people at the door with some kind of counter on their smartphone after they ask customers to read the COVID symptoms list and respond. It's also the rare store with some covering for a long lineup outside. Most stores have no overhead protection or wind protection for anyone queuing up outside (unless we talk about the one plaza in town with older roof overhang)--worse at big box stores with all that flies around them.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread Information