User Tag List

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree1621Likes

Thread: February Frugal Chatter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    He eats cold breasts right out of the fridge! He was on a strict diet in the summer (his choice) and slimmed right up. All he ate was chicken and veggies.
    The protein is always good. More often than not, a great deal of the fat and calories come from the toppings and dressing such as mayonnaise. One can rarely miss with 'naked' meat and veggies.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon-our tweed couch came navy blue with grey flecks and nice and firm (you dont sink into this one)If the grandkids in time when they come, go to sit on it they will be sitting on a blanket .I like to keep my furniture nice our last couch lasted 11 years (leather one from the bay and it ripped from years of use )

Hubby is resting ,if his shoulder /arm doesnt feel better by thursday,friday off to the hospital i will take him -uggg.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @HermanH I only recently looked at the site recently due to a contest promo and I thought the site looked much worse than the image you have posted. Yes, Adobe Flash is not being supported by Google in this year but maybe another browser might work better? Odd that old flyers are showing. Usually a sign that maybe business or traffic is not what it used to be or as I recall from another site that basically flamed out in late 2019, the money was not coming in and the contests got really dismal.
    Thanks for looking. I don't think that the site is going down. The new information is available, but you have to know how to coax the site into revealing it. I would tell them, but there is no contact information available.
    Last edited by HermanH; Wed, Feb 24th, 2021 at 06:08 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@coupongirl fingers crossed DH is only bruised. My aunt fractured her foot while walking her dog today, it was super icy this morning. @lizzie bargain DH and I both had the PCO offer for fuel but of course no one is driving. I was the only one that needed gas so I did 40.00 in two transactions to get 4000 PCO. Sold two B&BW 3 wick candles today. Buyer lived down the street so I had cash in hand in 15 minutes from posting and I have been meaning to post them for a month.
    Don’t forget to push your PCO offers.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

sold 2 baby items on kijiji recently and got $20 in total. Was going to donate them but decided to list them first. Glad i did. Both buyers came and picked up the items from my place. 1 item was listed for $15, buyer asked for $10, i said yes and when they showed up they said they felt bad about the $5 so they gave me a large vacuum sealed sausage along with the $10. It looks like those sausage you order from a store or from a school fund raise; it has no tag or label. Don't know why i took it but now what do i with it? i'm hesitant to eat it.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'd eat it. After all, we live in Canada. So, it is unlikely to be something malicious. Who would go to such lengths to perpetrate a nefarious act?

I first met my Polish neighbour when he helped me move a piece of furniture. To return his kindness, I bought him a box of traditional Polish Pączki (Doughnuts) and just hung it on his mailbox, without telling him from whom they came. He was puzzled, but told me that he ate them with his family, when he later found out that they were from me. Now, we do it as a tradition. It's nice that we live in a safe province/country where folks don't feel so darn scared or paranoid all the time.

If you don't eat it, I bet that there are plenty of neighbourhood dogs who want to be your friend.
    Last edited by HermanH; Thu, Feb 25th, 2021 at 12:10 AM.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel and Ciel like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up early this morning and getting at my work. Sadly it looks like the chaos is going to last at least another month, probably more like 2 months. Deep Breathes, I can do this.

Yesterday I did manage to get a couple things done, the fridge is cleaned out, I was right the Half & Half needed to go plus Mom's Orange Juice has gone moldy. I also took out the garbage but forgot to take the bag from my room. Yeah not a lot but it was something and that is what I am going with.

I am not sure why but I have been really tired this week, even when I get a good night sleep I am tired. Maybe I am taking longer to recover from my last bout of sleeping issues. I pretty much finish dinner and I am done these days.

The sun looks like it is coming out and this weekend we are going into the pluses but there is rain coming but let's focus on those plus temperatures. Hope everyone has a great day.
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning -up at 7.30 a.m ,went to bed later so got a good sleep .We are out of milk ,etc so off to shoppers senior day for me this morning .

Hubby said his arm feels a little better ,so will not be taking him to hospital .I am sure it will take about a week to feel back to normal .I remember a few years back i tripped going up my sons stairs in the winter and was really bruised when my shoulder and head banged into his steel front door.My doctor as i went to him a few days later said time is what i needed to heal .
    JadeAngel, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I won a free 10” pizza of any flavour from an expensive pizza place in town. They do this once a week, but it’s the first time that I have won.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Thursday! Almost Friday!!

DS had braces put on today so now we have a metal mouth .

Pulled a package of steak from freezer and cooking it up now in strips. Will have a bit for lunch with leftover veggies from the other night.

Put a load of laundry on. Washing masks to hang to dry.

The sun is shining so I scraped the driveway a bit. Will do a bit more later this afternoon.

Think I will pop into GT and grab a few more boxes of the burger patties if they have any left. Can't go wrong having these in the freezer.

I'm anxious to plant some seeds. Maybe I will plant green onions and see how they go
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just checked my PC Pt offers. My #2 card that I haven't swiped in weeks has 2 special offers
    $1.99 No Name Butter
    $1.29 No Name eggs

So I will use these offers for sure on Saturday.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well getting some things done off my list. 2 loads of laundry on the go. All the clean stuff from the other day is put away.
    Kitchen is clean. DS made KD when he got home since he said he hadn't had it in a long time. Leftovers in the fridge for dinner.
    Cleaned one bathroom. All garbage out to garage.

Think I will put on my good walking shoes and go park near GT and walk around then take a look in the store.

Enjoy the rest of the day
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went to shoppers and spent 80.00 on seniors day got 10,000 points.I bought a few easter chocolates for the grandkids small ones (little areo bunny ,skittles egg) plus a big viatabath bubbles for me .I also spent on various food items .

Then popped over to library and got my 3 books from hold .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Feb 25th, 2021 at 05:02 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Wow good thing I bought the burger patties at GT Tuesday night. Completely sold out today.

I found chicken drumsticks at FB for $4.14 kg less 40% off. I have half the package in the oven now (spiced up) and am making rice and fresh asparagus to go with it. ( i bought the asparagus for last week but never used it) The other half of the chicken package is in the freezer for a quick dinner one night next week.

So leftovers tomorrow night. Fend for yourself/leftovers. Mama is not cooking

Growing up I swear my sister and I ate shake and bake drumsticks, rice and canned corn every night! I guess we were picky and it was the one thing my mom knew we would eat. I rarely buy them but when I do they love them (especially on the bbq) Funny how we change what we cook from what we grew up on.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Feb 25th, 2021 at 04:38 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

cleaned out the fridge tonight. the new fridge system is working well. i am very pleased.

this is my low grocery week. so .. just sdm .
    i might pop into foodland * uber expensive store. they have a few good airmile deals.

i have startd deep cleaning 1 room at a time. goal is to finish the main floor this by end of next week..

i plan on spending a hunk of time crocheting.. my mental health kinda needs it. equally.. if it is a nice weather weekend... i may just bbq.

i am certainly looking forward to spring. i know we are going to have a bit more snow ect.. but.. soon.. so soon...
    Last edited by Giseledta; Thu, Feb 25th, 2021 at 07:09 PM.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information