User Tag List

Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree2139Likes

Thread: March Frugal Chatter - Spring is Coming

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@lizzie bargain In today's Toronto Star, there's an article about Toronto portals (hospital or city) for COVID-19 vaccine bookings and how one hospital site does not have a Cancel Booking button showing on its website yet. Good tip you posted about cancelling one booking when getting another one for earlier day/time.

I'm not surprised some people outside of Toronto booked vaccine shots at Toronto pharmacies and the story made the Global evening news a couple of nights ago.
    Giseledta, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yes I am not surprised that people in Ontario booked outside their region.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Ciel : thank you so much for your input in yours posts for me.Yes I will check those things and the website tomorrow for now I am just to exausted and no brain(feeling like a zombie hhahah)
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning and happy sunday!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Trying to get some stuff done today, I got up and got right to what I needed to get done.

Dishes are done, strawberries have been washed sorted and packaged, fridge has been organized, Veggie Snack Prep has been done, Garlic Garlic Seasoning made, then I made the Garlic Garlic Sauce. Still more to do but I am losing steam.

Dinner tonight I wanted something we do not eat everyday, a nice Sunday dinner so we are having:
    Steak with Baked Potato, Roasted Asparagus, Sauteed Mushrooms & Onions and maybe, thinking I might make Baked Apples with Vanilla Ice Cream for Dessert

Thinking I might just prep dinner, take a nice long hot shower and call it a day. Anything I did not get done can be tackled during the week as I determined to not work 12+ hour days this week especially since I have to work next weekend. We will see what happens but right now I need to find some lunch.

Have a great day everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

my husband had several small heart attacks ( many , in hospital) they did not suspend his licence. we were .. surprised...
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Cath someone I used to work with her Husband had the same surgery and she had to take 3-months off to be with him, he did have some other health issues as well.

As well not sure if it the same in Quebec but in Ontario if you have heart surgery or a heart attack they automatically suspend your license, I just cannot remember for how long
    Angela273, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good afternoon all . laundry is going, housework is started.
    i have a plan for my desk. and working on donation items.

i put together the 2 raised garden bed for my front deck . it should help this summer for lettuce ect.

i am taking a break then vacuming, and cleaning the kitchen.

i am working on repairs to my bras. ... my first one did not work... so i will work on a second attempt.

i should work on the poop in the backyard, but its really windy.. and i am a wuss....lol
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Hi and a very good late afternoon to all of you!!!
    Dad called me at lunch time.He really seems tired in his voice but it is normal after his big(very big to me0 surgery.He is in the healing unit.4 others persons in his room.He had tests for his lungs and everything is good,good news!!! He will probably wont be able to drive for a little moment but I will take care of the grocery with my aunt so that is okaie.He will probably have a nurse at home so this is why cleaning and sorted appart is very important.
    He dont know when he will be out could be in 3-5 days or longer,depending on how much is heal.
    I will kick my butt to do the grocery tomorrow afternoon and should be less people at the grocery so that is good!!!
    Today I want the kitchen and the living room finish cleaning so I focus on that.
    Dusting,broom and swiffer need to be done,this morning I did the living room table and 2 kitchen tables(dusting and decluttered,sorted all the papers)
    My aunt(marraine) give me 1 portion of butternut squash ginger soup when she came with a mask of coase to take the 3 bags of clothes and shoes I had to donate to thrift store( vestiaires in QC) so more room for my fitted clothes now !!! And I shared dad news with her
    Alright time to get back at my cleaning

Have an awesome rest of afternoon everyone!!! A sunny day here not to cold ,really help my energy and mental
    Sleep 5 hours (its not much but it ok compared to no sleep.)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath-such great news about your dad ,keep up the great work at home -at your own speed of course.

I popped over to sobeys to get a few items
    new velida broom as mine is like 20 years old 14.99-2.00 sticker cpn on item =$12.99
    avalon shower or bath gel ,lavender (i love anything lavender) reg 10.99 i paid 6.00 on clearance table

Then popped into bed bath and beyond (this all was done earlier less people in stores)
    got a larghe beige bath towel on clearance for 3.69-20% off cpn mailed to me=2.95

then into indigo
    on clearance i got 3 stickers for grandkids reduced 1.50 each
    then got a schleich dimetrodon dinosaur reg 14.99 reduced to 7.50 for my grandson( for next xmas or his birthday )

I just love looking at clearance items
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

There's some wind action today in sunny Ancaster, though a snow cloud in the morning dropped two minutes of light flaky snow.

I cannot risk going out in the wind for a walk as I found it quickly tires me. I did pop out into the backyard for about three minutes to check on the garlic stalks (in the garden)-some are perky, some look flattened-and to take out a green bin bag. By the way, I don't have any sprouting seeds yet from my lavendar Ecocube. I will water them tomorrow and wait a couple of more days. A few reviews for the cubes state that customers did not always get sprouting action or any seeds in their cubes. Cube could make a starter pot for a seed of my choice if that needs to be done.

Had a mug of tea about an hour ago, the rest of Bro's chips (cravings) and some fried food. Feeling like it's naptime for me. I know later in the day I will be snuggling under a throw to read through some books still waiting for me to crack them open. I truly enjoyed seeing the photos of the Italian southern regions (they create an impression of seeing places from a car while driving) in the cookbook Food of the Italian South: Recipes for Classic, Disappearing and Lost Dishes by Katie Parla. Quince is considered a forgotten fruit and has a jelly recipe.

TVO will air a repeat of the Barcelona episode of The Life-Sized City at 7pm and at midnight. The city's skateboard park is a wonder to see. Plus the city was the site of a past World Expo. You can also see the documentary online at tvo.org if you want to watch it on your schedule.

ON members-if you still have those Taco Bell coupons that came in the mail last month, you have 7 days left to redeem them before they expire.
    I was checking my other coupons and noticed I had a few February coupons that I had forgotten to recycle. Did the clock change after 11pm last night when I saw a Twitter reminder on one newspaper account I follow. Usually I change them around 8pm but forgot.
    Giseledta, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hi all.
    I got got some good deals yesterday.
    Saucouny running shoes regular over $100 for $44.99 for DS. Also a pair of skate shoes for same DS for $23.99. Both at Mark's.
    Winners I spent .90 cents total for a baby shower gift bag, wizard sticker book and a rom com game for girls night. Deals!!!! 20 cents and 30 cents each!
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Thanks coupon girl!!!
    Good earlier evening everyone!!!
    I did everything on my to do today list except the counters ,cupboards and dishes .That can wait until tomorrow!!!
    Lunch was 2 pockets pepperoni pizzas with the butternut squash with ginger my aunt (marraine) bring me.
    Dinner was mini quiches florentine and lorraine with mozzarella sticks .Will figure dessert
    Have a wonderful evening and night !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Its hockey night we always wait and make dinner to eat when the game starts. Tonight veggie burger with salad.

I'm tired today but did do 2 loads of laundry and 1 load was hung to dry.
    And went for a drive with my honey this morning. We picked up free coffee at McDonald's for the ride.

Have a great night!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Did not get much done this afternoon but I am good with it. I fell asleep on the couch for about 15 minutes this afternoon and then I took a nice long hot shower, so relaxing.

Made our Steak with Baked Potato, Lemon Roasted Asparagus and Sauteed Mushrooms & Onions for dinner, it was quite tasty and just what I wanted.

Also made the Baked Apples for Dessert, there were some larger apples in the last bag of apples I bought that were just calling me to turn them into Baked Apples. I remember having this dessert as a kid but honestly cannot remember the last time we made them so tonight was the night.

This week I need to bring back the balance in life. Last week I got overwhelmed and let work take over, it was a truly insane week but this week I need to get back on track with getting my work done, getting stuff done around the house and finding time for me. I will bring the balance back this week.

I have already made some adjustments to this week's meal plan, found some items I need to use up and some dishes were mentioned that sounded good so I will put them into this week's rotation.

Have a great night everyone
    Ciel and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I have quite a big list for tomorrow afternoon grocery shopping.I made place in the freezer to buy my chapmans treat because I really deserve it!!!Make me sad to talk to dad and what happen to him but i dont and wont show up that side of me...he dont need that.
    time for some tv and some music before bed!!!
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information