User Tag List

Page 24 of 60 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast
Like Tree2646Likes

Thread: Covid-19 situation

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The vaccine roll out IS being controlled by the province .. THAT is the problem. Each region has to ask the province for permission for age groups. Toronto had to ask the province to be able to do 60+. I a region is not doing 60+ that is because they have not asked to so. The province wants to control it all and that is why things are such a mess

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Another province who is doing strange things. Alberta! I just do not get it

Cases of COVID-19 variant P.1 climb in Western Canada — but Alberta tight-lipped on details of outbreaks

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...outbreaks.html

(Sorry article is for subscribers only. If you are, it is worth a read)

The Globe article seems to say it is related to 3 workplaces, but no official confirmation is forthcoming.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...nked-to-three/

(you can create a free account to read the latter article. Sorry they are all locked down)
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Mon, Apr 5th, 2021 at 07:46 PM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm not sure which Rheumatologist you're talking about, but I can tell you that the profession is not 'evenly split'. This is a total untruth. Since most individuals, like me, who was diagnosed with RA as a child and Crohn's as a teenager, take biologics, biosimilars, immunosuppressants and steroids (or a combination of), our systems have difficulty fighting infections and we have been encouraged to get the vaccine as soon as we are able to do so. In fact, unfortunately, the drugs that most of us take cause other negative side effects such as liver problems and increased risk of cancers, but they treat the condition we have and so, we take them knowing these risks.

What this means, is that the 'side effects' for people who already take a lot of meds (like me) are already there, and so, it's not even an issue to weigh potential risks when we've got known risks onboard.

I can see that your post repeats your previously outlined agenda, and I am clear about your feelings regarding the vaccine, but spreading misinformation is beyond the pale.

Please be kinder.

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    I've been encouraging my mother to get her shot, but am no having some reservations. I got a call from my brother. His wife, 55+. suffers from rheumatoid arthritis and has it generally under control. Her rheumatologist told her that their profession is generally evenly split between recommending vaccination and not; mainly because they simply do not know enough about the long-term effects of the vaccines. The doctor said that since rheumatism is an immuno-suppressed condition, the vaccine might aggravate it and make things worse. Since she is relatively young, she might have to live with the consequences for the rest of her life (40+ yrs or so.)

His recommendation was that she might want to forgo innoculation unless she is in a circumstance whereby she is at higher risk for contracting the virus.

My mother, on the other hand, is 87 and it took her awhile to get medication to generally control her arthritis. As she is nearing the end of her life, potential negative side-effects from vaccination may not have consequences as long-lasting. While I am still of the opinion that she should take her shot, there are differing opinions within my family.
    Last edited by couponlady; Tue, Apr 6th, 2021 at 08:25 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by alex78 View Post
    I'm not sure which Rheumatologist you're talking about, but I can tell you that the profession is not 'evenly split'. This is a total untruth. Since most individuals, like me, who was diagnosed with RA as a child and Crohn's as a teenager, take biologics, biosimilars, immunosuppressants and steroids (or a combination of), our systems have difficulty fighting infections and we have been encouraged to get the vaccine as soon as we are able to do so. In fact, unfortunately, the drugs that most of us take cause other negative side effects such as liver problems and increased risk of cancers, but they treat the condition we have and so, we take them knowing these risks.

What this means, is that the 'side effects' for people who already take a lot of meds (like me) are already there, and so, it's not even an issue to weigh potential risks when we've got known risks onboard.

I can see that your post repeats your previously outlined agenda, and I am clear about your feelings regarding the vaccine, but spreading misinformation is beyond the pale.

Please be kinder.
    I can only relate the recommendation from my sister-in-law, but there seem to be folks on this forum who have self-appointed themselves as sole-deciders of what is true and what is false. It certainly seems as though 'anyone who disagrees with them is lying' and 'anything that contradicts them' must be disinformation.

I will continue to post my experiences and opinions and let forumites decide for themselves, as I consider them adults and able to form their own opinions and make up their own minds. Unless you happen to be the spokesman for The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, I'll thank you kindly not to try and pretend that your opinion is anything more than that, your opinion. And that your experience with your rheumatologist is anything more than that, your experience.

Since you wish to disparage me, I will point out that I disparage all liars and fakirs who pretend to be homeless.
    Last edited by HermanH; Tue, Apr 6th, 2021 at 01:20 PM.
    SnowFlakey likes this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks @alex78 for your perspective. Appreciated!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Another interesting article in the TO Star stating the opinion why the lockdown is not working. Headline is "The workplaces we are locking down are not the ones driving COVID-19". Many have thought that for a long time and per the article, 68 percent of Toronto workplace outbreaks have been in offices, warehouses, construction sites and food processing plants. These have pretty much stayed open during the numerous joke lockowns in this province. No wonder cases keep going up!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Point de presse of Justin Trudeau and Legault today,we shall see what this will announce...perhaps some more severes measures and more cities in red?
    SnowFlakey and GoodBoy like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just announced Ontario 3065 new cases in past 24 hours. Anyone want to wager what it will be a week from now after the Easter weekend sinks in? But yes, lets keep hair salons closed.

Another bad situation in Ontario. As of yesterday Ontario had received 4,022,875 doses of vaccines, and yet had only administered 2,545,640!! How bad is that.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ontario is on top of this!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Fingers Crossed they are saying in the next 3 weeks vaccines will open up to those 50+ in all "hot spots" which means I should be able to get Mom an appointment to get her shot. Also everyone will move into Phase 2 so maybe I will be able to get mine as my sister could get hers in phase 2 we both qualify under the same criteria.

With that being said our local vaccination center has been closed since last week due to no vaccines and apparently there is no restock date, the vaccines are being focused on the southern part of our region.
    @GoodBoy , yes the next week or so should be interesting, I know quite a few people who went ahead with Easter plans. I found it interesting when some where saying well "Ford should have told us sooner, you cannot expect us to cancel our plans with only 2 days notice."
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I share your hope. With number of doses increasing dramatically there is no reason for the province not do get the jabs in arms!! I hope your mom will get her jab and you too soon @SassyAshley !

As for the people who were shocked and dismayed by the decision to lock down over easter and they did not change their plans ... well I just hope if you or yours need an ICU bed there will be one.. you selfish prats!

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Fingers Crossed they are saying in the next 3 weeks vaccines will open up to those 50+ in all "hot spots" which means I should be able to get Mom an appointment to get her shot. Also everyone will move into Phase 2 so maybe I will be able to get mine as my sister could get hers in phase 2 we both qualify under the same criteria.

With that being said our local vaccination center has been closed since last week due to no vaccines and apparently there is no restock date, the vaccines are being focused on the southern part of our region.
    @GoodBoy, yes the next week or so should be interesting, I know quite a few people who went ahead with Easter plans. I found it interesting when some where saying well "Ford should have told us sooner, you cannot expect us to cancel our plans with only 2 days notice."
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Tue, Apr 6th, 2021 at 07:14 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well hubby and i got our aztrazenica shots tonight(only had to wait 5 days after booking) (we are 61)so glad we did .The flack i am getting from a few neighbours and friends is unreal .Well i would rather see my dear grandchildren grow up age 7,4,3 than be in an icu fighting for my life .

So my son ( as per his job)and hubby and i have had one shot and i will be fully done before my next birthday in sept, i am so happy. Second shot anytime after july22/21.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Apr 6th, 2021 at 09:25 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Way to go CG! I got AZ too-rather get that early than catch Covid waiting another month or two for a different vaccine- I will get my second shot in July too. Apparently they are doing a study in Britain of mixing and matching vaccines so who knows what we will all be offered for our second shot. It is possible that switching it up might protect us all better-will have to wait and see the results of the study. My sister who works for a drug company researched the data on AZ and said she would go for it if offered-so I did-absolutely no side effects for me. Good luck to all those booking their vaccines in the next while.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Last night, Prem Legault put a few more regions in the Red Zones and their curfews changed to 8PM. All gyms will be closed again as of Thursday Apr 8th. And thats because of the major outbreak in a gym in Quebec City which has now infected over 200 people. Greater Montreal area stays the same except for secondary 3-4-5 which go back to one day at school, one day in home learning. Otherwise no change for us.

Prem Legault also stated that things can change from day to day as Covid Variants rise, that is to say, what is good today may not be good tomorrow. He stated that right now its a wait and see situation what Easter weekend caused. He didnt rule out more changes in the next week. He also announced that vaccination centers are now accepting appointments for ages 60 and over.

My daughter received an email from her sons school stating that if he gets sent home with Covid like symptoms, he must get tested along with whole household and everyone has to stay home until negative results. No exceptions! There was a lot more about this, but i dont remember everything.

Today the Quebec Public Health minister is holding a press conference about the stated of Covid in Quebec etc. We are beign over-run with information and i dont know if we are becoming more complaisent about this or what. I know im tired of this but i also know that it is necessary. I dont want to listen to everything. Its like knowing which battles to pick or even when to pick them. I also realize that the more you know the more prepared you can be. So heres to press conferences!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

We are waiting for Ford's announcement, pretty sure Ontario is going back under a Stay-At-Home order.

Turns out my Mom cannot get her shot, yes we have been highlighted as a "Hot Spot" but apparently it is not our whole region and they have broken it down by Postal Code and our Postal Code does not qualify.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 24 of 60 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread Information