User Tag List

Like Tree12Likes
  • 6 Post By weasy71
  • 1 Post By Thatdone
  • 3 Post By lilo0003
  • 2 Post By Arjon

Thread: Flash Food Savings....Get on the Bandwagon if you haven't yet!!

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

I am a lover of RCSS this week! I've scored some amazing deals but sometimes their Flash food app just kills it! For anyone who isn't aware of it, RCSS uses their app to quickly liquidate overstock or items close to expiry. Its a great tool for us money savers but also I believe a great resource for those in our community who need access to lower prices fresh foods like produce etc. today I scored big time! I got 2 Club size cheese pizzas, 3 Whole dressed steelhead trout (reg priced $12 - $19 each), 2 pkg of boneless Halibut fillets, 2 pkg of pork breakfast sausage, 1 pk of pork chops, 3 pkgs of mild Italian cocktail pork sausage, Name:  Screen Shot 2021-06-04 at 11.28.59 AM.png
Views: 534
Size:  344.6 KB. Major savings and lots to share with our kids! Check it out if you haven't!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS
    My favorite F word....FREEEEEEE!!
    Wanna start earning free money? fast and easy
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Weasy71

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Its a great way to save but i have found that as the program became more well know and used that the better items (mainly meat) would sell out at certain stores in minutes of being listed and to get these items it seemed like you had to be checking the app at almost the exact time they were being listed. The briggest problem with that is the items are not listed at the same time everyday. That being said i have still beable to get alot of great deals every now and then
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

I don't disagree with this. You do have to watch it and timing can be key. but, if you manage that, there are some great deals to be had and food that will not get wasted !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    Its a great way to save but i have found that as the program became more well know and used that the better items (mainly meat) would sell out at certain stores in minutes of being listed and to get these items it seemed like you had to be checking the app at almost the exact time they were being listed. The briggest problem with that is the items are not listed at the same time everyday. That being said i have still beable to get alot of great deals every now and then

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The prices can be further reduced, too. They had blade roasts that normally sell for $20. They were reduced to $10 for Flash and then reduced again to $5, when they weren't moving fast enough.

Just saw a lady happily pick up 15 packages of 500g bacon for $1 each.

But not all prices are reasonable, IMO. I carefully watch their deli meat drop into the fridge. At regular price, those chubs would sell for $80-120+ or so. When they drop them into Flash and charge $40-50 each, how can anyone think that is a bargain for one day before Best Before Date? I know that they will keep well for awhile after the date, if frozen, but I think that it is quite greedy for RCSS to demand such high prices for the chubs. Previously, I could grab them for $4.40/kilo ($2/lb) or $10-$12/chub. Alas, no way to get that same value from Flash. RCSS insists that they are selling them, but I can't see how, for the life of me.

Why should anyone pay $6-8/lb for dated meat when they can get double that amount of fresh meat for the same price? I am bewildered, but RCSS thinks that they have a good thing going. Just too bad that it doesn't include any of my money.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

My location is absolutely horrible. They rarely mark anything down to a decent price and in most cases a sale or PCO offer would make it a better deal to shop in store for fresh products. I especially agree on the meat @HermanH I never buy it from Flash food. We are lucky to see it reduced by even 25%. I have had good luck with produce boxes.
    Purdee, Lavender Lady and HermanH like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Sorry to hear that. My location is thankfully very reasonable with their Flash prices.
    Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    The prices can be further reduced, too. They had blade roasts that normally sell for $20. They were reduced to $10 for Flash and then reduced again to $5, when they weren't moving fast enough.

Just saw a lady happily pick up 15 packages of 500g bacon for $1 each.

But not all prices are reasonable, IMO. I carefully watch their deli meat drop into the fridge. At regular price, those chubs would sell for $80-120+ or so. When they drop them into Flash and charge $40-50 each, how can anyone think that is a bargain for one day before Best Before Date? I know that they will keep well for awhile after the date, if frozen, but I think that it is quite greedy for RCSS to demand such high prices for the chubs. Previously, I could grab them for $4.40/kilo ($2/lb) or $10-$12/chub. Alas, no way to get that same value from Flash. RCSS insists that they are selling them, but I can't see how, for the life of me.

Why should anyone pay $6-8/lb for dated meat when they can get double that amount of fresh meat for the same price? I am bewildered, but RCSS thinks that they have a good thing going. Just too bad that it doesn't include any of my money.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by weasy71 View Post
    My location is thankfully very reasonable with their Flash prices.
    It's clearly YMMV, possibly largely dependent on how keen the store and/or area manager is to move stuff that's within a day or two of being pitched. At the stores in my area, a good majority of the Flashfood prices are just the full regular ones less 50%. This means that IMO, quite a number of them either aren't deals at all or aren't good enough to interest me compared to the usual advertised sale prices or how much I'll pay in-store for pink-stickered stock. As a result, although I've gotten a few nice deals, I often go weeks or even months between Flashfood purchases.
    lilo0003 and HermanH like this.

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Oh Yes! the produce boxes can be a bonanza too!
    Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    My location is absolutely horrible. They rarely mark anything down to a decent price and in most cases a sale or PCO offer would make it a better deal to shop in store for fresh products. I especially agree on the meat @HermanH I never buy it from Flash food. We are lucky to see it reduced by even 25%. I have had good luck with produce boxes.

Thread Information