User Tag List

Page 1568 of 1957 FirstFirst ... 568 1068 1468 1518 1558 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1578 1618 1668 ... LastLast
Results 23,506 to 23,520 of 29344
Like Tree118511Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    In other news, why is it so friggin' difficult to adopt a dog?? All of these dog rescue organizations want the world from you before they even consider looking at your application. Yes, I get that they're trying to find the right home for the right dog, but whatever happened to walking into the shelter and saying 'I want that one' and walking out with 'that one' that same day. A good majority of them want people with previous dog experience. I need someone on the inside
    The rescue organizations probably know why they had to rescue the dog in the first place and most likely do not want to need to re-rescue the same animal in the future. I can understand their overly cautious approach.

I've heard some of the worst reasons why dogs had to be rescued, such as 'owner never thought it would get so Big!' Geez, didn't think the dog would grow up? Sheesh.
    walkonby likes this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@GoJays , you're right about the doggos. And meanwhile in Texas and such they've got huge numbers of 'Covid returned' animals now waiting to be adopted--again. In Canada, you almost need to provide your last three years tax return to be able to pet a dog.
    @Natalka , this may be unwanted advice, but presumably your 2mg dose also comes in 1mg. Are they available? I know it seems dopey but pharmacies are busy places and it's worth an ask. Hopefully the Contin will work for you and you can dose less (but still keep the other script for breakthrough, IMHO). The humidity here is making my joints pretty brutal, BUT!!! my tomatoes are about a foot taller with all the rain we've had. Also, the grocery store nursery had a free rack of herbs and lettuces and such. So now to plant some Ruby Basil, and other such finery. I hope you're somehow able to keep semi-dry.
    @walkonby , humidity must be affecting my brainbox, because I wondered why a bird needs to have it's teeth cleaned. Had to read it twice :S Glad you got a quick visit in.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    @GoJays - that's crazy! Maybe check with FB sites in your area where people posted they have dogs to give away - though I know it all depends upon your area, in ours we have had luck with Kijiji for getting kittens. Obviously, not sure about dogs.
    Are you after a particular breed?

Hi everyone, it's another day of hellfire, it's 34 now, humidex 36, and will go up a few more, no wind again. I am just dripping, not attractive but who cares - just very, very uncomfortable. Ick.

Couldn't get one of my painkiller prescriptions filled yesterday because it is simply not available. I have the drug in a 2mg format, which is works quickly. The one they can't get is 3mg, a slow-release version. Pharmacist said she doesn't know when they can get some, so she will contact my doc to see what to do. It's not the end of the world for me, just will have to see what the change does.

Got a wedding save the date for our nephew Mario who just finished law school. It's for Nov 20, depending on Covid. He is in Medicine Hat, but grew up here after the family came as refugees during the Croatian war. He is a year older than Milan, they are great buds. The bride-to-be is from here, she is a nurse, and they have been dating a long time. Wedding will be here in Saskatoon, which is great.

That's it, before I make the tablet all wet. Ewwww
    Enjoy the day!
    Natalka and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    In other news, why is it so friggin' difficult to adopt a dog?? All of these dog rescue organizations want the world from you before they even consider looking at your application. Yes, I get that they're trying to find the right home for the right dog, but whatever happened to walking into the shelter and saying 'I want that one' and walking out with 'that one' that same day. A good majority of them want people with previous dog experience. I need someone on the inside
    Same here, @GoJays ...you wouldn't believe (or you likely would) the hoops our DD had to jump through to adopt their 2 Siamese kittens!

We found our Jenny on kijiji, in North Bay..no hoops, and since she was pictured in a family home with her mom and a doggie, we knew she wasn't from a horrible breeder.
    Perhaps you'll find your new best friend there?

I wish you the best of luck...if they only knew you, they'd deliver one in a minute!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Jul 1st, 2021 at 06:20 AM.
    Natalka and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I don't think I'll ever eat Subway again!
    I had the teriyaki chicken yesterday and a couple hours later, had horrible tummy pain and cramps! They lasted all evening, went to bed early and somehow fell asleep. Now here I am with the same tummy pain again: it feels like something is trying to claw it's way out! Aliens, anyone?!
    Nothing else, just intense pain.

I made a Stash peppermint tea, added fresh cut-out ginger and took 2 extra strength tylenol.

It's been an hour and very little has changed.

This may, however, change our plans to head to camp today.

I hope everyone else fares much better today!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Jul 1st, 2021 at 06:27 AM.
    Natalka likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    I had the teriyaki chicken yesterday and a couple hours later, had horrible tummy pain and cramps! Ther lasted all evening, went to bed early and somehow fell asleep. Now her I am with the same tummy pain again: it feels like something is trying to claw it's way out! Aliens, anyone?!

I made a Stash peppermint tea, added fresh cut-out ginger and took 2 extra strength tylenol.

It's been an hour and very little has changed.

This may also change our plans to head to camp today.

I hope everyone else fares much better today!
    Good morning @Lynn49 so sorry to hear about your tummy troubles after that Subway sandwich. Hope you feel better later so you can get along with your plans for the day.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Happy Canada Day Everyone.
    Natalka, Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    I had the teriyaki chicken yesterday and a couple hours later, had horrible tummy pain and cramps! They lasted all evening, went to bed early and somehow fell asleep. Now here I am with the same tummy pain again: it feels like something is trying to claw it's way out! Aliens, anyone?!
    It is little comfort now, but just know that your body is doing exactly what it should. It is trying to protect you by expelling unwelcome foreign material. Hopefully, it will be minor and venting it will relieve your pain and discomfort. The machinery is working.

But it could be a tumour. (said in my best Arnold voice, from Kindergarten)
    Last edited by HermanH; Thu, Jul 1st, 2021 at 09:42 AM.
    Lynn49 likes this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@Lynn49 - gosh I sure hope that clears up quickly, I know it's not great to deal with.

Good morning, everyone!

About my meds, the pharmacist called back, she was able to round up enough to last me two weeks - with the hope the shortage woulda be resolved soon.
    I do have the same med for breakaway pain, and the pharmacy did have those as well as different strengths. However, the tricky part was being able to get the extended relief pills - which really do make a difference in my case so I can have a steady stream of pain relief, then supplement with others if necessary.

The home care pharmacist called yesterday to check on how I was doing with my two new inhalers; they are okay.

Another extremely hot day, it's just crazy!
    We might actually get a wisp of wind later today! Geez, the Prairies are usually known for being windy - darned this 'dome'...

Enjoy whatever the day brings you!

Happy Canada Day!

Name:  facebook_1625153100171_6816386148661144582.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  67.7 KB
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    It is little comfort now, but just know that your body is doing exactly what it should. It is trying to protect you by expelling unwelcome foreign material. Hopefully, it will be minor and venting it will relieve your pain and discomfort. The machinery is working.

But it could be a tumour. (said in my best Arnold voice, from Kindergarten)
    Thank you, @HermanH , hahaha....!!!

Hubby sent me back to sleep at about 8am and I crashed as soon as I hit the pillow and slept until noon; I'm feeling about 70% better overall, so the car's packed and we're ready to hit the road.

It's a lovely fall-weather day...my kind of temps!!

Stay well, everyone!!
    Natalka, GoJays and HermanH like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by alex78 View Post
    @GoJays, you're right about the doggos. And meanwhile in Texas and such they've got huge numbers of 'Covid returned' animals now waiting to be adopted--again. In Canada, you almost need to provide your last three years tax return to be able to pet a dog.
    YES! This!!
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

And now my satellite tv is down for an imaginary storm I check the weather map and there's nothing there, yet it's pouring out.. jeez
    Sorry, Blue Jays... I tried watching
    Natalka, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

you didn't miss much @GoJays . our signal also went out but only on the High Def stations. We watched the game in dull regular format. I feel I need glasses when I watch anything that is not in High Def.

Our starting pitcher ( Ryu only lasted 4 innings ) just did not have his stuff and their pitcher was lights out going 7 innings! 7-2 final. Bummer.

To cheer myself up I made a huge batch of Rice Krispie Treats ( most of these are going into work tomorrow for the guys DH works with as last week they hinted about when I was making more. lol )
    I mixed in both Rice Krispies and another sweet crunchie thing. DD left bags of the stuff here, it has teeny dried marshmallows, graham crackers and choc. chips in it. I just pulsed it in the processor to get the pieces smaller. Mmmmm.
    Lynn49 and GoJays like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks @walkonby . Ours came back eventually, enough for me to see the outcome. We don't have the option of watching standard channels anymore. Shaw took them away quite some time back. For us, it's either HD or nothing at all... unless the channel isn't available in HD, then I don't know
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thread Information