User Tag List

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1338Likes

Thread: July 2021 Frugal Chatter--treats for the heat!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Ugh..I don't believe I'm much further ahead since my last post when I was hunkered down from the heat. I have my window a/c cranked up but still not productive, just the bare minimum-sigh! The air quality is really bad here too, so no walks for me today. Sit in front of the a/c with kitty.
    Thankfully it was cool Saturday morning so did loads of wash,cleaned and cooked a roast that has lasted a few meals. All hail leftovers!
    After last week's find of Throwback Pepsi I scored with more junk food at No Frills with Old Dutch potato chips that were already on sale along with PC points for purchasing and I also got a personal offer of PC points which brought the cost down to 72 cents! Before I get a reputation for junk food,let the record show I rarely buy the stuff and so rarely eat them(but chips are so good!)
    Whatever you're facing this week try taking it one day/hour/minute at a time whichever works best for you!
    No judging here - Potato chips are delicious. Due to covid, I have been really enjoying ketchup, salt and vinegar chips and Cheetos cheese puffs. My other go to on stressful days is Stouffers Mac and Cheese....its sooooo good. And of course there is chocolate......proud to eat junk food.
    Last edited by barbis9; Wed, Jul 21st, 2021 at 12:48 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

long long day. but so good. the kdis had so much fun... and honestly i just laughed and laughed..

so ,,, messy play day... attached a shower curtain to the front of my deck... gave out.. paint, and paint brushes.. ..kids in bathing suits... brougth out the 2 water tables.. added shampoo.. and loads of water... messy, bubbly.. full of paint... kids had so much fun!!!!! it was hysterical . it really was a blast. i sent the parents all pictures.

i think we are just to run at the park tommorrow. i will do a craft or 2 a s well.

tonight... is fold 2 loads of laundry.. must do that.

my youngest fixe my kitchen doors. super happy with that. so sweet of her.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    [vbp_tr_most_helpful_today]
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What a surprise and a torn feeling of what I should do when channel surfing after 7am to discover that CBC was airing a women's soccer match between Team Canada and Team Japan! Gave it 5 min of time and wished I had known about the game earlier...please tell me someone knows how the match played out!

Did not get up at planned time, so I set out an hour later and got to Square One at 10:15 am and did my itinerary in the NW quadrant of Heartland Centre. I did not eat the two Jollibee pies (peach-mango & ube) right away. About two hours later, I was hungry and was glad I had diet pop and pies to pinch hit for a lunch! I kept missing some buses in the afternoon so 15min doing something until the next bus was the go-to plan. Four thrift stores at Dixie & Dundas and I bought nothing. Salvation Army thrift has women's medium Linen & Loved Marks and Spenser summer top with pleating in the chest, two lace tapes and long sleeves-$8.99. Value Village had a tan camisole with tank top straps and shelf bra (Assets brand) for $6.99. If only it were two sizes larger...just about what I wanted for summer wear but am empty-handed. I enjoyed the Boutique at Mission Thrift store-two racks in front of store of some name brand mens/womens/kids gear. Refrained from picking up the $4 Babygap boys winter coat? in red. It was so nautical and adorable but I kept handling it then put it back. Sigh. Not one store had a PC tote lurking in its bag/totes dept. Rexall was a handy pop stop (2 Pepsis). Did a stop at Rockwood Mall-a Winners in smaller separate mall building and the Homesense in the second larger mall building. Scored a trio of dish towels and two gift bags that I could not pass up! Saw two-packs of mini-check Ralph Lauren drying mats-cheery! No success in spotting any Woolite laundry accessories in the two Winners (incl Heartland Centre-north location) and Homesense stores visited today. Nordstrom Rack-success in scoring some baby clothes deals (Nordstrom Card holders got an extra 25% off on clearance during the Anniversary Sale but I 'm not a cardholder, though I was pitched the card at cash-declined for now). Saw one top rather over-priced and one size too small but otherwise would have added a dressy casual striped top to my wardrobe. Love the NR shopping carts (higher basket and shallower than Winners carts). Perused the little bit of home decor at front of store and glanced at shoe offerings in my size (seems mostly chunky or clunky). Forgot to use the 98 cents left on my e-gift card until 90 min later I remembered it was still in my tote!

Spent 30 min at Square ONe and not too much money on baby clothes and paper napkins. Could not find a store selling Toronto Star in the afternoon (empty racks).

Appreciated the big Nordstrom Rack bag as at some point, it became my coat carrier!

I hope I can get a good rest tonight. Had a sandwich supper after getting a load of laundry going and unpacking my things. Entered my Pepsi contest cap code but still am not a winner. No mail delivery today-maybe my first contest prize (t-shirt) will show up in the near future.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! I feel that I slept well last night but I couldn't stop yawning when I got up this morning for work.
    Have lots of stuff on my work to do list so powering through. Just remembered that I am off on vacation Monday and Tuesday so a 4 day long weekend! Had no real plans but booked the time off months ago just so I took some summer days off. Hopefully a nice beach day at least if the weather co-operates!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Fri, Jul 23rd, 2021 at 09:13 AM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Not sure what is up this week but WOW am I tired and do not want to get up in the morning.

Wednesday after work I finally did our grocery shopping, it is nice to be fully stocked up again. I spent half of what I have been spending for our monthly stock up so I am happy but I am sure a huge part of that is that I did not need any meat.

There were 2 things I did not get, Zucchini they were all split like they had been frozen and have now defrosted and split and Flour because they did not have any 10 KGs only the 20 KGs bag. The 10 KG bags fit perfectly in my flour container and honestly the thought of hauling in a 20KG bag was not appealing. I do still have flour but no extra so we will see if they have the 10 KG bag next time we go.

I am having a bit of not buying remorse, they had the double air fryer at what I think is a good price but I talked myself out of buying it, but now I wish I had bought it.

I was going to go into our local store to grab a few things, check the price of Zucchini, Vanilla Yogurt (do not like he brand Costco carries) yesterday on my way home but I ended up staying in the office a lot later than I planned so I did not go. We can make it through the weekend so I will probably go next week.

Last night I took some time to try to find my focus and wrote my to-do-list for work today and for around the house this weekend. Not going to lie the house list is long, I probably will not get it all done but at least this way I feel I can better prioritize. Still working through the basement, we have a lot of crap down their hopefully most of it is a "no joy" moment and we can just get rid of it.

Have a great Friday everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!! Beautiful day!

I guess I am in a bit of vacation mode. Nothing done at the house the past few days. I did put away the dry laundry last night. I moved the rack in my bedroom and hung the entire load the other night to dry. Having it in my way works to make me put it away fast! I think I am on to something

Thinking next weekend I should have a garage sale. Really should try and get rid of more things before cleaning up the garage for the winter. Will set up next week and post as I go. People are in summer vacation mode so not really buying on Market Place right now.

Received the Costco sale flyer and see a few things I think I will pick up for Christmas gifts in August. May as well and then I can get more out of the way and no worries if clothing item isn't liked I can return it! It really is the best way to Christmas shop. One of the items I returned the other day was from Christmas. DS didn't open it so I returned it! Better then laying around taking up space and waste of $$.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone. I am in vacation mode and don't plan to do anything around the house

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hi-had sebastian at a playground/splashpad this morning for 2 hours -i got a vanilla chai from mcdonalds on the way home (never again ,sometimes this stuff goes right thru me ,whatever crap is in this never getting it again but i was thristy .

Oh well so glad i can hang my clothing out ,saves a bit of money.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

So much for my second junk food deal-I discovered yet again that potato chips and me are not a good match(too greasy ) so gotta find something else!
    It would appear that the temperature is on the rise again after a brief break. At least I got more walking done and more work done, but it would be nice to be on top of everything. That said, I'm thankful for what I can do and need to focus on that!
    Whatever you're up to on the weekend I hope you have a good and safe time and will be the blessing you'd like others be to you!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

happy end to the week. Great day with the kids.

groceries tomorrow for my mom. i need to pick up dog treats at global as well.

we have garbage bag tags for every garbage bag. price is 2.50 per tag. a friend was selling them for 1.50 each. i bought 100. that will last me a bunch. saved me 100.00

i neeed to work a bit on a menu plan. ... give me some solid ideas for th e next few weeks....
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Yay, it only is it the weekend but I am now on vacation until August 3rd. We have a few day trip planned and not much else. I have a lot of books to read and plan to do some purging. I also really need to get groceries because last week I skipped it and my fridge is now bare. But it feels good to eat up everything we had on hand.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Slept in this morning, but for me sleeping in is 7 am. Not sure if it is a good or a bad thing, I really did want to get up early and try to knock some stuff out but I also am so tired and do not know why, I am sleeping.

Mom texted me over night, yes she will text me after I go to bed but she knows my phone is on Do Not Disturb so I get it in the morning. She thinks we may have mice again, grrrrr, something else to add to the list. Starting to feel a bit overwhelmed, between work, still working on the basement which is a slow process (there is a lot of crap down there) and now possibly having mice and needed to clean that up. Oh well deep breathes, I got this.

Work is going to be insane for the next few weeks, normally I only book one week out and I also book it on a Friday for the following week so I can juggle everything on my plate. Due to things happening I have now booked the next 3 weeks which I hate doing because I know other things are going to pop up and I won't be able to schedule those in. Plus I also found out this week we are hiring 2 more staff members who will need training. I love a challenge LOL.

For now, I am going to enjoy my cup of tea, watch one of my shows off PVR take a little me time and then dive into this day head on.

Have a wonderful everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Up at 6.30 a.m i went to shoppers and spent $80 plus i got 20 times the points and a few great deals -free lays with a coupon cherries for 2.60 after personal offer ,cherrios for 3.16 after sale price and loaded offer (sebastian eats only plain cherrios ,so going thru a bit more )

Did a load and its hanging out may not dry as it looks dampish out,we will see.

Off to babysit for my son tonight as they are going to a 40th birthday party .

Gee it has been 47 years since my dear dad passed away ,i was only 15 years old -still miss the memories what i have of him.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Jul 24th, 2021 at 12:20 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Morning all.
    did groceries, for me and my mom. picked up the special dog treats. stopped at a small bakery for perservative free donuts and cookies. so good.

grocery prices are flipping nuts. just nuts.

so hubby has a work thing to do this afternoon. My goal is the desk area. i am mudding around givingmyself a personal challange to save and or earn x amount of $ before the end of the year. .. i really need to focus on money saving, and earning a bit more. get some covid debt gone... and with the grocery prices going nuts.. it would help.
    or Swagbucks

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Spent about 2 hours in the basement, it was all Mom could handle and this area we are cleaning is all of her stuff so me trying to do it by myself, I just cannot.

We currently have 10 bags of garbage that need to be hauled out but it is raining, grrrr

Also discovered that the mice have been in this areas so making the clean up process a little harder as to be safe we are bleaching everything down.

I will be so happy when the basement is clean and all of this is behind us.

Although there is still going to need to be a push because our basement has 3 rooms, 2 of them flooded. The stockpile room is clean, we are working on the craft room but once the flood stuff is cleaned up the last step will be the L which is supposed to be our storage area, this area did not flood but still needs to be cleaned. Oh how I am daydreaming of a functional basement.

Mom feels by next weekend the basement will we clean (the flooded areas) and we will not need to spend next weekend in the basement. It sound goods but I am skeptical. I am fully booked for work so won't have a lot of cleaning time during the week but Mom thinks if we get half the room clean this weekend she can do the other half alone. I want to be hopeful this plan works but I am not sure Mom can do this alone but we shall see.

Now fingers crossed we are supposed to get super heavy rain tonight, fingers crossed this does not happen or we may flood again.

Smart Canuck
    [vbp_tr_most_helpful_today]
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@SassyAshley YAY on today's cleanup efforts with Mom-10 bags filled means victory for this weekend!!!

Don't know how the rain is in your area. Ancaster got on and off light drizzle after 1 or 1:30pm. I was napping by 2pm but woke up around 3pm as soaking rain was coming down (just under 10min). I had felt pain after doing some garden weeding and then laundry/ironing so I knew I was going to bed as soon as I put fresh sheets on the bed.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information