User Tag List

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree2430Likes

Thread: October 2021 Frugal chatter (& autumnal leaf colour watch)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Angela273 so sorry for your loss

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Change in plans, Mom did not sleep well last night so she is not feeling her best today so we did not go to Bro's.

She still needed to cook the Prime Rib as she took it out last night, Bro was supposed to stop on his way home and pick up dinner for him and his fiancée but he ended up leaving work early so he will stop by tomorrow to grab it.

We ended up having Prime Rib, Gravy, Roasted Potatoes and steamed Broccoli (I love those Costco Steamer bags so quick and easy)

Bonus, the manager I normally cover once a week is not needed this week so I do truly get a work from home week which is exactly what I needed. Now I can catch up on those little work things plus all those around the house things.

Kind of happy our plans changed, I am looking forward to an early night and good night's sleep.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone!!!!
    It was a good day today,but I have to make hard decision soon if I want to make it fast or not with life project..
    I have 3 possibilities availaible to me...Kind of stressfull....
    Will take my time to decide...and take the best decision for me
    Have a good evening and night!!!
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The power went out just after I got back from Sobeys, while I was trying to put the groceries away. Cell phone flashlight to the rescue. I used my old charged cell phone as a light source while I folded laundry that was in the dryer. Some items were still damp so I laid them out to dry over night. There was some important teaching planning stuff that I needed to work on on the computer, but that’s not possible. Power has been out for 1.5hrs already so I might as well try to get some sleep.

edit: The power outage lasted until 12:40AM.t
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Oct 15th, 2021 at 09:12 PM.
    Skippy, Giseledta, ROMEO and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!!! It's almost the weekend

I cleaned the kitchen last night and did 2 loads of laundry and cleaned 1 bathroom. Then I napped! This early darkness is doing me in.

This morning I packed DS and I lunches in our bento boxes and then dropped him off at his Co-op in his shiny new steel toed boots. My baby is growing up

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama so far the early darkness is not getting to me, for me it is the waking up in the dark. So much easier to get up at 5 or 6 am when the sun is coming up. Now I spend my first couple of hours working in the dark or driving in the dark to where I need to be.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up and doing all of things, so happy. I got up at 5 this morning so was able to get a couple of hours of work before the day to day stuff started. Some days those are my most productive hours before I start getting pulled into things.

I took a break and emptied the dishwasher. I need to remember to get up and get moving during the day. I think my lack of moving around during the day, since I work at my laptop all day may be what is causing my hip to hurt.

I know some people like to get up and a walk but I prefer to tackle some of our housework. It is my version of multi tasking, get in some movement and get things off my to-do-list, win-win.

We are still struggling with mice, I am not sure how they are getting in but we have now caught 10 of them over a few week span. I really wish I could figure out where they are coming in.

Now for that question that comes up everyday of your adult life, what is for dinner. I am not sure at this point what I want, I have a few options just need to pick one. Maybe a slow cooker meal, we will see.

Have a Great Thursday everyone
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Does anyone know the details on the PC points Esso Bonus Rewards? I noticed my Pc pts went up so I took a look at the detail. On Oct 12th I was given 10,000 pts and it says "Esso Bonus Rewards"
    I did fill up at an ESSO the day before but I was not aware of any promotion?
    Giseledta, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I have booked Monday and Tuesday off so a nice 4 day weekend for me. Hopefully the weather is nice.
    Skippy, Giseledta, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    We just learned that a friend of ours died. He had been fighting cancer in recent years. I don’t know what actually caused his death. He was 70yrs old.
    Sorry for your loss,prayers for all concerned
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I'm sitting here looking out the window listening to the leaves fall down...so beautiful in the sunlight!
    Perfect day to walk but wasn't too far as too much pain as too stupid to not lift stuff I shouldn't!. It started last week and I'm trying to ignore it,but may not be too successful.It's one thing to deal with pain that you're used to and another thing when it's not.
    Encouraging as always to read what is happening to the inhabitants of this thread.
    Gotta go as body telling me time is up, but hopefully back sooner than later!
    Btw I know it's hard to hear leaves falling down! Enjoy your day my friends!
    Giseledta, ROMEO, Purdee and 4 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby and i took advantage of a lovely day and drove to Paris,Ontario we walked around the downtown for a nice walk and around the bridge.I supported local bought some homemade bath bombs for xmas for the grandkids and a lavender one for me . in a small shop ,she even thru one in as it was missing a bit (small local shops give such nice service .)

Then ate at a local pub cobblestone and sat out back and watched the grand river and the leaves falling off the trees as we ate lunch ,hubby,s fish and chips and $ 5.00 cider draft were awesome and i had a nice burger and fries .Then into a local chocolate shop and bought us 2 bars to eat on the way home.

It was like a date day ,something i needed so much ....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Does anyone know the details on the PC points Esso Bonus Rewards? I noticed my Pc pts went up so I took a look at the detail. On Oct 12th I was given 10,000 pts and it says "Esso Bonus Rewards"
    I did fill up at an ESSO the day before but I was not aware of any promotion?
    My recent offer was for only 2000 points for 2 fill ups of more than 30 liters. I did have a good offer previously tho

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

FBM-my offer was for 3,000 pts with a $20 fill.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Oh and son called me this morning ,cara just had a flu bug-fever for 2 days (-no covid)so now my older granddaughter got to go back to school today after missing 1 day.S o that was good news ,i swear the littlest granddaughter has had a lot of sickness from daycare last year and now school this year.

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information