User Tag List

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree1972Likes

Thread: November 2021 Frugal Chatter thread (& reading the weather skies)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath-glad your surgery went okay

sassy -yes laugh or cry -i would laugh

frugalbigmama -lets hope end of march is okay as feb we are suppose to have a big storm and jan feb and march will be really cold (this is what i read long term so we will see)Still nice to have something to look forward too as all summer we watched grandkids .
    barbis9, lilo0003, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today was a crazy long day. A number of unusual things happened during my work day and this evening. We finally made it. Dh and I are watching a show before heading to bed.

Tomorrow is the last day on my teaching contract…waiting to see if my contract will be extended for a fourth time…until Christmas break.
    Skippy, ROMEO, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Dark wet day here. All our snow melted overnight. Suppose to rain today then turn to snow later and then a snowy day tomorrow.

Looking at the Black Friday deals and see what I can find to finish my Christmas shopping

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I do not know if it is because I feel like we do not really need much and nor do my family for Christmas but I found the black friday sales a little disappointing unless you need electronics.

Although I was tempted to buy a new TV because ours is not a smart TV but as quick as I was tempted I talked myself out of it.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Ugh, I totally forgot tomorrow was Black Friday. I had planned to go to the Toronto outlet with my older son to get some Christmas ideas for him. There is no way we going Friday now. He is impossible to buy for as he is such a minimalist but I thought maybe I could get him some real good pans for cooking.
    Skippy, Giseledta, ROMEO and 5 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    After all the rigamarole of dealing with the car and finishing my work day we went to Costco last night to do part 2 of our stock up haul and get what I needed for Christmas. That was the plan but a few things did not fall into place:

One I have no finalized my Christmas baking, life happened and I did not get it done before we went.

Two my Costco did not have Whole Chickens, Chicken Wings or Crisco

Three I realized when I got home I forgot to buy almonds

I thought about holding off on our trip because I did not have my official Christmas list yet but looking at the upcoming weather yesterday looked like the best day to go.

Today we have a lot of stuff from our shopping trip to deal with. I am going to set up Mom at the Coffee table to deal with the meat, we have 3 packages of Chicken Breasts we need to break down. Also now thinking I should have grabbed 4 because we eat so much chicken but it is what it is, I may have to do one more small trip.

I need to package all the bread products to go in the freezer. Also I found Romaine and it is still $5.99 at Costco so I need to break that down. Plus move everything down to the pantry in the basement which I am still rebuilding.

The good news is we came in budget for our stock haul so there are still $$$ left. As well I still have $$$ in my Christmas budget but I do need to still pick up some things locally I could not get at Costco or I did not need the amount Costco sells.

I think well I have my lunch today I am going to write a detailed to-do-list for the weekend. My goal is to have Christmas planned by the end of tomorrow so I will know what I still need to pick up and what we have on hand.

Happy Thursday Everyone
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

LOL, I did the same thing. I asked for Friday off so I can have a long weekend and try to refresh and recharge and did not realized until my Boss emailed back asking if I was taking part in a day of Black Friday shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Ugh, I totally forgot tomorrow was Black Friday. I had planned to go to the Toronto outlet with my older son to get some Christmas ideas for him. There is no way we going Friday now. He is impossible to buy for as he is such a minimalist but I thought maybe I could get him some real good pans for cooking.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Mark's has some really good deals and free shipping for the next few days. I just spent $86 and got 3 tops/sweatshirts for my oldest for his Feb Birthday and 2 sweatshirts for me! (one was $80 reg price!!!)
    Nice jacket too -$250 on for $50 but I really don't need another long jacket. I need a short one!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just ordered my daughter,s xmas gift an all-clad stainless steel 8 inch frypan with lid from bed bath and beyond i saved $33.00 from their 20% cpn i had and 1% from raketan which is nice as this item is not cheap.I waited til today to see if they would be cheaper but they are not ,so ordered it better than shopping amazon website as they were the only 2 that had it .

I now have the gifts bought for my son/wife and my daughter ,so happy .

I went to bed at 8.30 last night as i felt tired after cara,s small gathering -yep i have a cold.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good morning. Well I finished off most of our Christmas shopping on Roots this morning.
    I tried to maximize savings so ontop of the 25% off, I shopped via Rakuten for 2% and I used an offer through Ampli for another $10, I used a card that gives me another 1% so I felt pretty good about it. Most of the items were on clearance so i'm pretty pleased.
    I sent off the gift box via Cda Post our west to DD.
    All that is left now are assorted local cheese for my brother's family (I'll use grocery points) and assorted salted nuts for my Dad.

I'll drop by SDM later for Seniors day after my eye appointment. Tonights meal is pretty easy...cabbage soup. I stopped by the butcher yesterday and picked up a few items.

Happy shopping everyone!
    Skippy, Giseledta, ROMEO and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Talked to my sister this morning about Christmas and turns out there is a vegan bakery in her neighbourhood. So I will do the other desserts with a few nibbles made vegan where I can but as for a plated dessert she will order something.

The two plated desserts I will made are:
    Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
    Lemon Ricotta Cake

Now I just need to finalize the nibble plate, I think I am going to aim for 5 options, 2 will be cookies made with plant based butter and will be the vegan options.

Lastly I will need to finalize the homemade portions of the gifts.

I am worried, I ordered a few things via pre-black friday and I got a very vague email that an item(s) on your order have not reached our fulfillment center yet but should arrive in 2 to 3 days, when they arrive your order will be updated. Today is day 4, normally this would not bother me but knowing the shortages this year I am worried this item(s) might be cancelled. Since I do not know what item(s) it is I do not know if it is a couple items I grabbed for myself to reach free shipping or part of the gifts. I just do not want to be scrambling last minute trying to pull gifts together, when I placed my order their website said all of my items were in stock or I would have looked for alternatives. I see a different store has one of the items on sale this week so hoping I hear soon so if it is this item I can order from the other store.
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went to shoppers senior day got a 10.00 promo card for next time as i spent 71 i needed cough medicine and meds plus got myself an okeeffe set i paid 13.59 after discount for the hand creme foot cream and chap stick a great price for the set compared to 9.99 container each regular price .

Also got gas and used a 25.00 giftcard used from my credit card points and saved .35 from linking my RBC credit card -hey it all helps when gas is $1.45 L
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I did some detective work and discovered the items I ordered as gifts were all still available on the website and it seems to be an item I ordered for myself is not available.

Had I just been patient, I got an email 30 minutes later my order has shipped. Yippee. Now just need to work on the handmade items.

Dinner tonight, Mom wants Wings and Caesar Salad so I will make myself BBQ Chicken Caesar Wraps and we will both have homemade fries in the Air Fryer. I really do love my Air Fryer. It takes some time to get used to how it cooks but once you make the adjustments it cooks so much quicker.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Well friends itÂ’s good to not only read posts but also write one. Ideally I would take advantage of this but the day has already been long and I am running close to empty despite a caffeine and sugar infusion.
    My hack of the day is wet leaves are heavier than dry! One may not realize it at the time but youÂ’re bound to find out afterwards! (The rest will remain on the lawn until spring unless they dry).
    One month till Christmas and I am doing my part in eating the treats that are to be served,and in hiding stuff and not remembering where I put them!
    My ball cap is off to you folk who are prepared for, or are in the process of preparing for Christmas.
    Always encouraging to read your shopping triumphs and even more so your encouragement given to one another.
    If youÂ’re in the market for a Butterball Turkey.Food Basics has them at the unheard of price $1.67/lb which we intend to price match elsewhere.
    Enjoy the rest of your day and if you have snow kindly keep it where you are!
    Take care my friends!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

This edit is because the system was booting me out while not allowing me to post my long and glorious post!!! So I had to sign in again go back, with the result being it was posted twice!!!!
    Oh well thank you for allowing me to rant!
    Last edited by Skippy; Thu, Nov 25th, 2021 at 04:16 PM.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information