User Tag List

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1764Likes

Thread: January 2022 Frugal Chat, here we go again.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am going to assume Ciel is offline and she always takes such good care of us.
    So to another year of saving and chatting, thanks for keeping this chat going for so long everyone.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thank you
    lilo0003

Happy New Year

3.50 125.00 30.00

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thank you @lilo0003
    Have to throw out all my expired coupons . Hoping to find some during the next cycle that would be useful for my family

Happy New Year

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Happy New Year!

I still find it crazy that we’ve been in this pandemic for 2yrs and it’s still a mess.

I spent time this afternoon sorting through my coupon bag. A lot of coupons went unused and into the recycling can. My coupon pencil case is certainly a lot skinnier now.

I tallied up my 2021 total savings. It was lower than the last two years, but still pretty impressive. I taught full-time 9 months out of the year…2 of the months was summer holidays, so my employment is excusable. We also moved in August…so a lot has been on my plate.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Happy New Year everyone !

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

A new year...

woke up a bit early.. went out... got all the inflateables brought in.. storm and snow later today.. this way the decorations can dry inside the house and i will put them away for next year.

nice meal with the kids tonight... plan is to relax a bit.. i might put away more christmas decorations... reclaim the family room as it were.

i have a plan for the dc stuff i am creating... will start that full force on Monday. . .
    i am hoping for some guideance from our local school boards on Monday and Tuesday...

any hoo.. have a relaxing day all
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our province has also changed quarantine rules and regular Covid testing requirements. School starts on Monday. Our local school division just posted on Facebook asking everyone to rapid Covid test before sending their children to school…but this is only a suggestion and no proof is required. The school division’s post had a link to find locations to pick up free rapid tests. I do not think the schools currently have rapid Covid tests available for families. I rapid Covid tested our children this morning and they were all negative. I tested myself a week ago, also negative.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Jan 1st, 2022 at 02:48 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy New Year Everyone! 2022 already..Crazy!!!

Went for a nice walk this morning downtown by the waterfront. Went to SDM to redeem a winning scratch ticket I received. Bought reduced turkey breast sandwich meat for DS for the month! ($1 per package x 5 after in store coupon and expires Jan 11/16 (will freeze closer to the date)

House is still quiet...I want to get cleaning but I will let them sleep a little longer.

Took ground beef out of the freezer. Will make the lasagna for dinner. With salad. Leftovers for tomorrow.

Have a fantastic day everyone!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Happy New Year Everyone.

Another slow day here. Once I started feeling better after my shot I made the decision that if I got nothing done over Shutdown I would be okay with it. If I got anything done it would be icing on the cake so to say. Just really felt like I needed these 2 weeks off.

I will get back into my routines on Tuesday when we return to work.

I did do up a meal plan last night. I came up with 11 meals we can make based on what we have on hand. Trying to decide between Enchiladas or BBQ Chicken Caesar Wraps. Want to keep it simple tonight, but my meal plan does include 4 new recipes we can try this week.

It looks like right now at work we will be on lockdown until at least the end of January and at the end of January we will re-evaluate. So I will have a month of working from home. Although I am not sure how we can accurately re-evaluate with Ontario's new testing criteria, we are going to see our numbers drop but that is only because people cannot get tested.

Happy Saturday Everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I started off with a recumbent bike ride of 11 minutes ,now if i can do this and increase the time a bit each day or everyother day .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I started off with a recumbent bike ride of 11 minutes ,now if i can do this and increase the time a bit each day or everyother day .
    Sounds like an excellent start to the new year!
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

good going @coupon girl ! My recumbent bike is still sitting unused, well except for a stuffed snowman sitting on him.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Happy New Year to you and yours my friends!
    Hope everyone has been able to have a bit of a break and to enjoy some time with those you love.
    Wishing God’s richest blessings upon you and yours!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My friend texted this morning saying come for brunch so did! Stayed all afternoon chatting. Got home just before 5 and made lasagna and it is in the oven now. Kitchen is clean. Will put the dishes drying on counter away later. Will run dishwasher after we clean up from eating dinner. DS will empty dishwasher later tonight or in the morning. Looking forward to dinner. Starving!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Not the start to 2022 I had hoped for but not a surprise, DH has Covid. He did a rapid test and in Ontario that’s as good as it gets now, he has a few symptoms so we have no doubt it’s accurate so we all isolate with him as per the guidelines. This makes for a forced frugal start to the year. He has moved to the basement and will avoid us. I will be the one to bring him meals and we will both be masked when that occurs. At this point it’s inconvenient but other than mild symptoms he is fine. I have done a million loads of laundry and cleaned the house in an attempt to eradicate the germs. But only time will tell if the rest of us make it out unscathed. I did a rapid test and it was negative so fingers crossed.
    DS2 went to Starbucks this morning and the payment system was down so his purchase that I had planned to pay for was free so that felt like a win.
    DS1 is still making a new year’s dinner of prime rib so that’s a nice treat.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information