User Tag List

Page 201 of 206 FirstFirst ... 101 151 191 199 200 201 202 203 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3076
Like Tree3703Likes

Thread: What's the last movie you saw and what do you rate it out of 10????

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

OK, there's a reason a Restricted label is on the Mortal Kombal dvd. Let me say if you could not or would not watch 47 Ronin (very good story compared to MK actually plus there's Keanu Reeves alongside Hiroyuki Sanada), you won't be able to watch Mortal Kombat. So much blood. Some characters are even Alien-like. I can understand why this movie seemed to disappear off screens about two weeks after theatrical release.

But Hiroyuki Sanada is very good at samurai characters and he does not disappoint. Will give the movie 8/10 for costumes and characters, though the story and some CG were fairly dreck in quality.

A variation of the original theme song does get played at the credits. I thought the image montage in red was very James Bond-like.

Fun coincidence-James Wan from Mortal Kombat also helmed a more recent Fast & Furious movie. I had one FF movie in the DVD player and saw his name.

I am wanting to find Black Widow at the library soon. This was one of two popcorn movies that would have been worth the price to see in the movie theatre this summer.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@walkonby The first thing I thought about Alicia Witt (adult) is that she could almost pass as Jen Psaki's double in the White House press room. Second thing I thought is if there's a specific way the piano is tuned to get that ragtime sound! Impressive.

I almost can imagine Ms. Witt doing a cameo on Stephen Colbert's show and singing some current news lines in time with ragtime.
    walkonby likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings 9/10

Anther Marvel master-piece. And it was so good to be back in the cinema again.
    ROMEO, JadeAngel, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Old 6/10

it was finally available to rent lol. I liked the overall story but it seemed to drag on a lot especially when they first got to the beach.
    walkonby and Ciel21 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

The 3 of us were quite revved up for the newest Dune flick. I will say it was visually impressive, the acting/action scenes very well done, BUT.....I was waiting for the part with the little girl?? Near the end of the first movie in 1984 she had a pivotal scene.
    Maybe this movie is planning a sequel and will include her in that?
    Best part was we were the ONLY 3 patrons in the audience!! Monday afternoons is the sweet spot for a private showing.

Still I give it a solid 9/10
    Purdee, JadeAngel, GoJays and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

no time to die

6/10
    maybe i'm just tired of james bond flicks. maybe i'll be interested again with the new 007 in the next movie. same old requisite car chase. lots of stuff blew up. lots of guys got shot, blown up, bashed around.
    interesting nanotech angle to the story.

it was nice to be back in a movie theatre. seats were assigned and well spaced out not that there were many patrons.

maybe i should have gone to see 'dune'. i read the series when i was in high school and don't remember too much about it except the giant worms.
    Last edited by heartgirl99; Tue, Oct 26th, 2021 at 11:14 AM.
    JadeAngel, walkonby and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Not a movie but a Netflix series - animated, calls Maya and the three. My almost 6 years old daughter and I watched it together and we both really liked it. Warning there is death but they talked about it and was done in the tasteful way, in my opinion. Lots of battles and warriors but also friendships and kindness etc.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    Not a movie but a Netflix series - animated, calls Maya and the three. My almost 6 years old daughter and I watched it together and we both really liked it. Warning there is death but they talked about it and was done in the tasteful way, in my opinion. Lots of battles and warriors but also friendships and kindness etc.
    @Purdee I just watched a trailer and the voice cast is the main reason I'd love this! It gets bigger as you go through the list of names! Zoe Zaldana , Fluffy! ( Gabriel Iglesias ) , Rita Moreno, Alfred Molina, Danny Trejo, Cheech Marin, and so many more! I'll certainly be checking this out and I don't even have a young kid to share popcorn with during it....lol.
    Love animated flicks.
    Ciel21 likes this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

@walkonby lol I love anime and cartoons even as an adult. The series is 100% better than Disney's Raya and the last dragon. Make sure you make lots of popcorn. My daughter didn't want to stop - one episode after another.
    Last edited by Purdee; Tue, Oct 26th, 2021 at 03:04 PM.
    walkonby and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

No time to die.... 7/10 b/c i love daniel craig.

Dune 7/10 could have removed 30 mins...way too long, good effects but i prefer the original.

Paranormal activity: Next of kin 5/10 pacing was slow...a few jump scares but really has nothing to do with the series.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Snake Eyes: A G.I. Joe Origin story-hmm Japan settings and motorcycle stunts 10/10 plus a few cool set pieces. The start took awhile to get my attention-it's a scary start so be warned, no popcorn for the first 15min.
    Overall movie--7/10

Random thoughts-how can a badass character walk around in spike heels and shoot a machinegun?
    -cool private jet interior. Love the partition doors!
    -electric motorbikes!
    -Shinjuki scenes!
    -there are anaconda scenes

Lucky Grandma-scrappy NYC senior comes into money. Then she gets into a gang situation. Tsai Chin (the grandmother in Shang-Chi & the Ten Rings movie) is back as a widowed grandma. The music is good too. Some mature content (adult magazine) and dialogue. Watch the featurettes on the dvd. 8/10

After The Banquet-Korean film, which somehow managed to make interior scenes look golden and like soap opera set scenes, but exterior shots look like regular film with outdoor lighting. Gave a John Hughes sort of vibe to the movie about college grads meeting up 15 yr after college for one of their group's 2nd marriage. Worth the time to enjoy as life got complicated for each person during those 15 years. 9/10
    Last edited by Ciel21; Tue, Nov 30th, 2021 at 12:53 AM.
    JadeAngel and Linda Evans like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Ciel21 Lucky Grandma was hilarious! I saw it a while ago and just could not flip the channel until I saw the ending.
    JadeAngel and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

There is no rating a Hallmark movie is there!? I somehow got coerced into watching another one because I have enjoyed seeing these 2 sisters act in other tv things and I adore the Seth Meyers Late night show ( which they were guests on ) ......sigh......

Name:  I got sucked into watching another Hallmark movie.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  31.1 KB

The movie was called Sister Swap and I hate, hate, hate to admit that I was rooting for the guy to get the girl. Of course there were tears throughout the flick, and laughter. O.K. I'm good for another few weeks....no more Hallmark

Name:  Sister Swap A Hometown Holiday.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  77.7 KB
    JadeAngel likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mother/Android 9/10. It got bad reviews, but I really liked it!
    Purdee, JadeAngel and Linda Evans like this.
    Join Swagbucks for free amazon gift cards! $500 earned so far!!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The new Ghostbusters. 7/10 it started off very SLOW....but pretty good story & ending.
    JadeAngel likes this.

Page 201 of 206 FirstFirst ... 101 151 191 199 200 201 202 203 ... LastLast

Thread Information