User Tag List

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1265Likes

Thread: May Frugal Chat 2022

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

My PC offers seem to be getting worse. I used to be a PC insider member but I was breaking even with the points and the yearly fee.

Anyone else having the same issue?
    harbie, JadeAngel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@barbis9 same here I have an offer for 20000 PCO if I spend $200.00 at No Frills. I have never spent that much in one shop at NF. I do t. We’d much this week so I think Metro and Sobeys will get my money as both have the spend 10.00 in air Miles gets 25 bonus Miles and I have 180.00 in miles.
    I was at Costco today as I had some returns and the garden centre was hopping. I bought some of what I needed but lots was out, no tomatoes or peppers. I bought some flowers to start my pots but still need more. For that I have lots of Canadian Tire points so I think they will be my next stop.
    yay for Friday.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone
    @barbis9 my PCO offer are not the greatest either on my list there is only 2 offers that I would used and the offers keep shrinking.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Not sure if this makes sense but I feel like my PC offers are back to what they were when they first merged PC & Optimum when they said they needed to collect data to determine your buying habits.

I am getting offers for things I have not bought in 2+ years.

Although I have been lucky and getting some good produce deals. I have found the key to keeping my offers "good" is remembering to move 4 offers for things I buy each week. If I do this for a few weeks then my offers lineup with what I buy but if I miss a week I am back to "um, when is the last I bought that" or "um, never purchased anything like that but okay."

Question for those who buy gas at Esso - Do you regularly get offers for gas or is it like the SDM offers where is you take advantage of them and use them they seem to stop?
    harbie, JadeAngel and barbis9 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Not sure if this makes sense but I feel like my PC offers are back to what they were when they first merged PC & Optimum when they said they needed to collect data to determine your buying habits.

I am getting offers for things I have not bought in 2+ years.

Although I have been lucky and getting some good produce deals. I have found the key to keeping my offers "good" is remembering to move 4 offers for things I buy each week. If I do this for a few weeks then my offers lineup with what I buy but if I miss a week I am back to "um, when is the last I bought that" or "um, never purchased anything like that but okay."

Question for those who buy gas at Esso - Do you regularly get offers for gas or is it like the SDM offers where is you take advantage of them and use them they seem to stop?
    I usually get gas at our local RCSS because it is close and the best price in town. I seem to get rotating gas point offers between my 2 cards. The offer is usually more often on my just pc pt card (not my PC MC- guess because I use this one more often so they are trying to lure you in on cards that aren't swiped as often)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

RE PC Points- My offers have not been great for a long time and I never swipe my card when I know I don't have anything that will give me points (because I have been paying cash the past 2 months for groceries) so this is probably my fault because of this!
    I had an offer for cucumbers and bought and swiped yesterday so will be interesting to see if I get the same offer again next week.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @barbis9 same here I have an offer for 20000 PCO if I spend $200.00 at No Frills. I have never spent that much in one shop at NF. I do t. We’d much this week so I think Metro and Sobeys will get my money as both have the spend 10.00 in air Miles gets 25 bonus Miles and I have 180.00 in miles.
    I was at Costco today as I had some returns and the garden centre was hopping. I bought some of what I needed but lots was out, no tomatoes or peppers. I bought some flowers to start my pots but still need more. For that I have lots of Canadian Tire points so I think they will be my next stop.
    yay for Friday.
    @lilo0003 was Costco packed inside? I need more Kirkland coffee pods.
    harbie, JadeAngel and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@SassyAshley I buy gas at Husky (which is the cheapest in town) and when I pay with CT mastercard, I earn CT money - but this will end on May 31st. Currently Canadian Tire gas bars have double the amount of Canadian Tire money when you pay with a Canadian Tire MCard.

I prefer that over Esso as I rarely get any offers and I've had bad customer service so I avoid Esso. With the price of gas you would think Esso would offer more points.

Speaking of gas, as a CAA member you get 3 cents off a litre if you present your card at Shell.
    Last edited by barbis9; Fri, May 13th, 2022 at 11:32 AM.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    @walkonby I still have my Kenmore washing and dryer and I dread the day they break down. They were purchased in the 1990's and still work. Just a minor repair on the washing machine recently related to the safety feature.

What brand did you replace with?

Hi @barbis9 we got a Whirlpool electric dryer. So far it does what it's supposed to do....lol!! Lucky you to have had your appliances that long!! I mean IF we knew a good repair guy who could have tinkered with my Sears Kenmore dryer for FREE and fixed it, we would have done that, but we just refuse to pay any service people now once the warranty is up.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby and i went to walmarts garden centre this morning -i made my own front porch planter cost $22 in plants the dirt we got half off as the bags were ripped and taped up .

Lilo i got 2 early bird tomatoes at walmart $2.50 each sobeys the other day were $3.29 each .

I bought a hanging basket for my neighbour that had her gall bladder out $10.99 at walmart,not a super huge one but nice.

I got a call from my doctors office ,he wants to discuss my knee xrays on may24 on the phone with me.Not as sore today so can move around a bit more.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@barbis9 I will say I do find Esso are hit and miss. My personal pet peeve with them is when they disable speedpass at the pumps. Especially during the pandemic do not make me come in the station to pay or I will go elsewhere.

Where I live we are limited to Esso or Ultramar.

I do not know about offering points but I do see you can redeem 4000 pts and get $0.10 off a liter up to I think 40L.
    Skippy, harbie and barbis9 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

My DH buys his gas at Canadian Tire and My DDs do Shell since if the used the BMO master card the get 3 cents off and both my DH and I get Airmiles offer for Shell every month.

Example at Shell fill up 2 times 30L minimum and get 100 Airmiles some times it 3 fill up and get 75 Airmiles.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

TGIF ac is on currently 31 degres!
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    @lilo0003 was Costco packed inside? I need more Kirkland coffee pods.
    Not at all, I had a bunch of returns and I walked straight to the return counter no wait. The line to check out was fine.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

It’s comforting to know this I’m not the only one who gets awful pc offers. I keep getting offers for dairy items like sour cream that we haven’t consumed or purchased in 3-4 years. What’s up with that?

I resisted the urge to get takeout yesterday after another long and physically demanding day and made buffalo chickun wraps. We did get non dairy ice cream from the local shop that just opened. Soooo good and Dh and I shared a large (even though I could have eaten the whole thing )

Dh got a visa GC from work and a really sweet handwritten card acknowledging all he does for the company. A couple of the brothers called him to the office and had a meet where they thanked him. Very nice.

Trying not to shop until next week sometime but not sure I’ll be able to do it, I’ll need veggies.

Going to the bank today for a deposit and organizing at home today.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information