User Tag List

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Like Tree1265Likes

Thread: May Frugal Chat 2022

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thanks cath -got it free lozenges is a good deal
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Isolation and fully vaccinated is definitely key @lilo0003 . Dh and I still wear our masks everywhere and wipe groceries down. It’s still the same protocol here as it was in the beginning unfortunately Dh touched his face. That’s where we think he got it (of course we’re not 100% sure ) but that’s the only thing he accidentally did. Regardless, I’m just glad it was super mild, he’s back to work and I didn’t get it. It’s very hard to isolate in our small condo but we did it. Lots of disinfecting was going on, mask wearing, and sleeping on the couch for me

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

So we were due for a nice Costco stock up so yesterday it was $300 and then just under $100 at Safeway for veggies and a few staples. I was not able to handle going to RCSS or WM after Costco so higher prices at Safeway it was. I was too overwhelmed yesterday. I only need a couple of staples from a vegan store and then we are good for a while.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went to walmart today took my jiff peanut butter back got $4.97 .

I bought a lovely penmans top 10.00 for myself and a puzzle 5.00 and a few reduced items on a shelf
    leclerc cookies 1.38 box damages
    suncreen top ripped off box $6.98
    glad kitchen bags $2.98
    walmart granola bars .48 box dented.

I half to know my limit with my knee ,doctor told me yesterday i am not ready for a knee replacement as its moderate .So i will have flare ups ,just have to work with what i have .
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Well friends it’s been awhile since I’ve posted partially because many times when I sign into SC I get sucked into some other gambling site so I get off ASAP. I also find it’s taking me longer to get life done so free time is often a premium.
    Hopefully this post will take.
    I feel for what people are going through in life. I am encouraged when I see other people here offering their encouragement and support to others.SC is a great community that way.
    Well I must be off as life happens. Take care my friends and be the blessing you would have others be to you!
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Today was another in the branch for me, we are short staffed again. Someone left and their backup is off so it kind of messed things up this week. I have rearranged my schedule to help where I can.

After work I went to Lowe's and returned the Planter, I feel good about returning it. I have an idea in my mind of what I want but not going to spend the $$ this year, other things we need to do first so we will see how I feel about gardening next year.

Went to Costco well I was on that side of town, mainly only grabbed on sale items but still spent $100, I got:
    Popcorners $6.99 - $2 off
    Polysporin 2-pack $19.99 - $4 off
    3 x Probiotics $19.99 - $4 off (Expiry Dec 2023)
    Kirkland Cold & Flu Multi Pack $12.99 - $3 off (Expiry 2025) has both Daytime and Nighttime
    *I do not know why, I just feel like it is a good idea to keep some over the counter meds on hand these days and cannot beat this price
    1 x Cayenne $5.99 - Using this in the garden to keep the Squirrels away
    1 x Caesar Salad Dressing $7.49

@Frugalbigmama , it was back in stock at my store but it has gone up $0.50

Made me laugh they had the Salad Dressing back in stock but were again out of Romaine Lettuce.

I did not want to go to Costco this week but when I saw my Probiotics on sale I knew I needed to go. I missed the last sale and actually stopped taking them last week as I only had a few left and I have been feeling it. Ever since I had my gallbladder removed I find probiotics are a must for me.

I quickly looked at the flyers today well I ate my lunch and do not see much on sale we need so will aim for a light shopping week next week.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I stopped at Sobeys after work to pick up a few things. I’m in the habit of checking certain areas for clearance items. Today I scored a family sized tray of lean ground beef. $14.42 - $10 sticker. For 1.192kg pack. That makes it $1.69/lb for this package of lean ground beef. I plan on making meatballs for supper on Thursday.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I can't seem to log into P&G website for the vicks....annoying! I did get a surprise Topbox package - 28ml of Gold Bond cream

Lovely sunny day, hope to venture to the pool at the Y today.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hi all. Damp wet day today.

Made a lasagna and it is cooling off now. Kitchen is clean. Load of laundry in the washer. I will hang it to dry in the spare room on my rack.
    Unpacked from being away. Brought way more clothes then I needed so I just put it away.
    Happy we went but it is not cheap in the US like it once was.
    We went to some grocery stores and the prices were more then ours (and then you have to take into consideration the exchange) Happy I packed a cooler and brought breakfast/lunch and snacks. I enjoyed my healthy food already paid for.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yesterday was the best combination of sunshine and windspeed for drying laundry outdoors this spring. My bedding smelt awesome and the aroma lasted into this morning.

Wish Bro would get a BBQ cover. The spruce tree needles and sticky bits have stuck to BBQ and I cannot tell that I cleaned the exterior two weeks ago!

Mom actually used the push mower in the backyard for grasscutting while Bro used the lawn tractor before the afternoon rain. We had rain after 5am (when I was looking to see if community paper was on the driveway) too.

My first bank statement came a week ago (joy!) and it seems to be based on 30days' of transactions from start date of account, not end of month. Saw a discount I don't know about and did not get a charge for mailed statement. Will check in branch so as to see if anything needs changing before next statement date. I continued to poke around the personal account fee booklet-seems I cannot use my debit card outside of Canada-I am reading that I cannot use it for US site purchases online?

Was looking at local fairgrounds Facebook page and saw local baby expo is on this weekend and there's a free ticket code (registered for free sample bag too). So I am going for a short spell on Sat afternoon to have a look at vendors and maybe take in a speaker. PLanning to take a bus most of way, so only 15min walk to grounds!

Nothing much exciting is happening. Delighted to report that the humid days have had moving air so it's managable to be indoors with windows open, as long as family does not let doors slam!

Have been putting off shopping-body is just not feeling like a long walk. Friend picked me up on Tuesday and we did 2h of Internet at the library (happy day). Managed to mail a letter that day too.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@SassyAshley Glad that some progress on basement repairs has occurred this month. It'd be great if repairs are done by end of next week.
    @cath007 I don't know what to say about the coupon policy at your store-it's very hard to find coupons with QC only redemption addresses (they used to show up before). Keep trying with printables online if that is best option. When Redemco here in ON started about 3 years ago, I was concerned store staff might balk accepting a coupon with their name on it as it was new. Wouldn't we like to know who runs these coupon redemption companies...
    @coupon girl Hope you keep going outdoors for walks or fresh air while you heal. If you need Band Aids, I can vouch for the Skin Flex XL ones--they dont like to overlap and stay stuck but the bandages flex with skin and are comfortable under clothing. Best prices $5.97 at WM. I literally rely on them daily! USe plastic bandages to seal the seams to keep them closed most of day.
    @Anna Michele If you know the Johnny Strides channel on Youtube, he has a recent video from last week-it was through part of Yorkdale and up to Orfus Rd, where he walked past the planned BiWay store that never opened. It was great to see which stores have outlets on Orfus Rd. Yes, I watched Toronto videos on the long weekend to pass the time. I also recommend the May 21? video where he walked from the waterfront up Yonge St to YD square where it was pouring rain on a ribfest event. I noted all the newspaper boxes should I be able to venture that way this year (need more strength for that).
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I know I say this all the time but I am so grateful for the kid who cooks. Today he used up some leftover rice and ham from the freezer and made a yummy fried rice. I had a very long day at work so it was nice to not worry about dinner.
    A few of my tomatoes plants are not going to make it so I am going to do another trip to Canadian Tire so I can replace them. It’s been cool this week and I think they just did not have time to acclimatize.
    happy that it’s almost Friday.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For SCers who have to insert a coin to get a cart at their grocery store-I saw a random tip (on Youtube) about that. Use a key with round head to insert in the coin slot. I do suggest that you tape the other end of the key as it will jut out from the cart and scrape you while you use it. I have a smaller round key that might work on a 25 cent coin cart but not a large one for a $1 coin cart.

Has anyone tested this tip and found it to work? SOmetimes one just does not have the necessary coin on hand for a cart. Now I wished I hadn't recycled those old keys Dad left in the workshop-there were round head ones.

In Ancaster, no retailer yet charges for carts. But I imagine it will happen soon. The local Food Basics removed their baskets over a month ago. Makes it hard for me when I don't want to push a cart for a few items.
    Last edited by Ciel21; Thu, May 26th, 2022 at 08:52 PM.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Yesterday was an in office day for me. I had planned to Grocery Shop by way home but I did not get my list written on Wednesday night which worked in my favour. We were busy yesterday and by the end of the day I was done and just wanted to come home.

When I got home one of my neighbours who is also having work done on the basement asked if we could talk. Apparently some are upset by the work being done. As well how long this is taking, we was here yesterday and gone by 10:30, this is typical for him. He never stays past noon. Property management showed up last night it was a whole thing.

The contractor did show up today but only to tell us he cannot work today as due to the humidity the mudding he did yesterday did not dry. So he will be back on Monday but promises he will be done by end of day Tuesday. Next week will be week 3 and I am a little frustrated. My basement is a disaster zone that desperately needs to be cleaned but I also only want to clean once and I still do not have a working pantry. Ugh, I just want my basement back.

Will spend some time today we working my to-do-list for the week as my main focus was going to be the basement. A few other projects are on hold as I need to move stuff down the basement to complete the project but if I move them now they will get covered in Drywall dust and need to be washed so I am kind of stuck.

Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday next week are supposed to be super hot so we will need to come up with food options we do not need to cook. I have been looking at Portable AC for our main floor and finally found one I liked but turns out they do not have the stock they show. So back to trying to find a unit that will work in the space.

Happy Friday Everyone
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

My cat stella is such a jerk....we went to a shaver (toiletteur) and she dont want to...so now she is half shaved...and we have a veterinary appointment with they will give her some medication and shave her and it will cost a lot...so very annoyed...
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread Information