User Tag List

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1908Likes

Thread: June 2022 Frugal Chat ;Summer is here!!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Had a nice encounter with a customer at RCSS. A long time ago, I had helped her and she recognized me. She told me that I had taught her how to perform price-match with RCSS and how to use the F.lipp application. Since then, she has been very happy about all the money she has saved and how she had even gone on to teach many of her friends to adopt the same money-saving practices.

It made me very happy to hear that my help to her led to her helping so many others.

Sadly, she also told me that some of her friends told her that price-matching was just too much trouble for them. You can only lead the horses to water. I bet that those same friends are also the biggest whiners about their financial situations.
    Last edited by HermanH; Sat, Jun 11th, 2022 at 10:46 PM.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hi , popping in as its been a bit.

we have a nest with a mamma bird and we suspect 4 baby birds at our back door. they are just the cutest

groceries are back to killing me. so freaking expensive. i am really really hoping framers markets are cheaper this year. my veggie plants are doing well... so it will be very nice when they start producing.

currently we are planning a trip to Halifax to visist our youngest child. i am insanly looking forward to it . it will be nice to get away and just hang out at the beach. ;0
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    So it’s been a busy week +.

I had some clients go on vacation so Dh and I decided to take a few days off and decompress. Since we’re not comfortable really travelling we did some days trips. It was so much fun to play tourist in your own area. We decided to splurge and have a few meals (to go) from our fave places in the city, we picked up some treats to take home for later too.

We went to Richmond and walked the jetty (8km RT)
    Attachment 374857

Piña colada non dairy soft serve
    Attachment 374858

Wine and cheeze at home (Dh bought me my fave peonies)
    Attachment 374859

Whistler BC
    Attachment 374860

Whistler welcome bear
    Attachment 374861

Pemberton BC ( the best cafe for lunch)
    Attachment 374862
    Beautiful pictures! Off to google Richmond and walking the "jetty"

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Beautiful pictures! Off to google Richmond and walking the "jetty"
    Google Iona Beach Regional Park

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Super productive day but now I am super tired.

Our kitchen was a total disaster, dishwasher needed to be emptied and reloaded and oh the hand dishes were taking over. This was number one on the list of things that needed to be done. Got everything done except the kitchen floor, still stuff on the floor that needs to be dealt with.

I tidied up the Dining Room so we could unbox and move the AC unit into the Dining Room. It is not setup but it is now living in the Dining Room so I can work towards reclaiming the Kitchen.

With the AC unit moved, I could move our kitchen stool and box of boxes back into their normal home and made space for the tower fan we will use in the kitchen over the summer.

Mom emptied the filing cabinet that has been living in our hallway, it was Nanny's and still full of her stuff. She has also decided we should sell the filing cabinet so it will be moved into the living room for the time being.

Tomorrow we need to build the bookcase for the hallway, cleaned the drawer under out stove and reorganize what we keep in there, most of the stuff in there now we never use and lastly work on the dining room. Tomorrow will be a lot of decision on keep or go. Some will stay upstairs and go on the new shelving units and some will move downstairs for the time being.

We had numerous storms blow through this afternoon and it has not gotten quite chilly here. There is supposed to be more rain over night. I got about half of the garbage from today out, I took out the AC garbage and the garbage from the filing cabinet. I still have a bag of shredding to go out and a box full of papers for recycling. So hoping I can get the rest out in the morning.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I had lots to do today and decided to go paddling instead. I was able to spend about 90 minutes on the water before the rain moved in. Stopped at No Frills on my home and spent 125.00 which meant I received the 12000 PCO. The last few week the send me 200 and 250 offers which will never happen with my crappy little No Frills.
    it’s supposed to rain most of Sunday so I will get my tasks done then.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Woke up at 6 am was planning on getting up and getting my day started but I laid in bed listening to the thunderstorm and rain and ended up falling back asleep for an hour. Does anyone else find thunderstorms/rain relaxing?

A little bit of a slower start to the morning, set the PVR for the week, enjoying a cup of tea.

Laundry has been started and well I was in the basement I cleaned the mop and mop bucket. The mop bucket has a bunch of drywall dust in it and I do not think the mop got rinsed out. Now they are ready to be used as we clean up the main floor, where the filing cabinet is and under the stove needs be mopped.

I also need to get some meal/ingredient prep done. This week is going to be very busy for me, I have two days I need to go in and start the day for a manager as they are not able to be there, so I need breakfasts for those days. One day I have customer coming in and not sure how long they will be on site so need to have something I can take for lunch.

Happy Sunday Everyone
    Skippy, Giseledta, harbie and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Maxi and cie:
    wanted to pm the strawberries with super c but they where awfull and ugly....heard that this year they will be more expensive too....I went to public harvest yesterday and a small container was 8,00$ no thanks!!!
    anyway

2 x 4 per package chicken skewers they where in special at 8,00$ reg 12$
    1 pack of nn chicken frozen strips those are actually very good!
    and a bunch of bananas

paid with 20$ in points so that was free!!!
    Skippy, Giseledta, harbie and 5 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

have a good week!!! I will be busy this week.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

with the price of the gaz and everything expensive i think I will enjoy my hollidays at home just relax with some good food.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just made chicken with rice soup -yummmm.

I just went to fortinos got hubby wings /fries for a treat bonus 2,400 p.c points .

I saved $10.49 in coupons and spent 50.36-20.00 in p.c points so i paid 30.36.I noticed bananas up in price ,i got a 2l carton of milk for half off as we will drink it before expiry paid $2.39,had a cpn for free hot chocolate ,cereal i paid 1.99 for special k after cpn -i noticed a lot of fruit up in price so got grapes that were on sale .I know i could have gone somewhere cheaper but with the cost of gas ,nope i was there anyway.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sun, Jun 12th, 2022 at 04:26 PM.
    Skippy, Giseledta, harbie and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Still moving forward with house stuff.

The drawer under the stove has been cleaned out, everything taken out, washed, drawer cleaned. We used to keep pizza pans and little frying pans in there. Now we have put our cast iron skillets in the drawer, we have our two new skillets from Costco plus two smaller round and square skillets we got a few years ago from No Frills. Now all of these skillets are more accessible.

Then we built the bookcase for the hallway, it felt like it took all afternoon. Part of the problem was we really did not really have a space to build it so we had to build it in the hallway but there really wasn't enough room. So we had to keep trying to swift it and move it. It is now build and in it's home at the bottom of the stairs.

The filing cabinet has been moved to the front door, this will be sold. All the other oddies are gone.

Did not get anything done with the dining room but there is always another day for that.

Laundry is almost done, just have to fold the last load and put everything away.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Well my kids enlightened me with their computer smarts so I am back to posting again.
    Weekly sales seem quite weak lately.Not much of anything to be had that I want. Thank goodness for price matching and PC points. My latest trick was price match yogurt and get points from the flyer offer as well as points from a personal offer being carried over the previous week.
    Question for you Points People out there:if you have an offer for x#of points per $10.00 will $9.96 work or does it have to be $10.00 or more? TIA
    My best hack is buy popsicles/ice cream on sale because it truly is so good and a pretty reasonable way to spoil yourself!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @coupongirl I gave up looking at my SDM offers because they only send me the $70 or $90 one. I am currently on a mission to use what’s on hand an I think it will be a year before I need anything. So I can never get close to the minimum spend. I will buy some more men’s bodywash and shampoo at the young son is moving to residence in the fall.
    For those that buy coffee in McDonald’s they removed the stickers in Northern Ontario last fall and now it’s coming south. I don’t buy it often but I did like the extra freebie. I have at least 10 cards to use but they are accepting the cards until late 2023.
    Thanks for the heads up about the coffee stickers. I wish McDonalds wifi was better as I never seem to be able to log in for points :-(
    Giseledta, harbie, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

[QUOTE=Skippy;7203936]Well my kids enlightened me with their computer smarts so I am back to posting again.
    Weekly sales seem quite weak lately.Not much of anything to be had that I want. Thank goodness for price matching and PC points. My latest trick was price match yogurt and get points from the flyer offer as well as points from a personal offer being carried over the previous week.
    Question for you Points People out there:if you have an offer for x#of points per $10.00 will $9.96 work or does it have to be $10.00 or more? TIA

@Skippy its $10 or more to get the points
    Skippy, Giseledta, harbie and 3 others like this.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information