User Tag List

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1908Likes

Thread: June 2022 Frugal Chat ;Summer is here!!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

[QUOTE=barbis9;7203940]
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Well my kids enlightened me with their computer smarts so I am back to posting again.
    Weekly sales seem quite weak lately.Not much of anything to be had that I want. Thank goodness for price matching and PC points. My latest trick was price match yogurt and get points from the flyer offer as well as points from a personal offer being carried over the previous week.
    Question for you Points People out there:if you have an offer for x#of points per $10.00 will $9.96 work or does it have to be $10.00 or more? TIA

@Skippy its $10 or more to get the points
    @Skippy it works for me most of the time
    Last edited by flemeth; Mon, Jun 13th, 2022 at 01:42 PM.
    Skippy, Giseledta and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I had my 1st in person client meeting since February of 2020. The hardest part was getting up so early. It actually felt very normal. And it was nice to see colleagues I have not seen in real life for ages.
    we have been doing pretty good with using what we have on hand. Today the kids and DH were have sausage and hot dogs for dinner and I was short a bun. Then I remembered I threw one in the freezer last week. Usually bread stuff goes from my freezer to compost and why have the manufacturers not figured out how to match the number of buns to hot dogs. Seriously we have cars that drive themselves and this is too much.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Cold , windy and rainy here today-on flood watch but hopefully the rivers will not overflow. I have been laying low for a month due to being ill and now finally starting to feel human-lol. Managed to pick up so good deals at Safeway and No Frills on Sunday-DH had been doing the shopping for awhile.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good day!

Brought my niece to school this morning and then sat by the pool with my coffee and relaxed. I could do that everyday! The dogs loved just hanging out.

Then home, Pulled some weeds. DS just cut the grass. I went out for groceries. Tonight we are having chicken ceasar wraps for dinner. Simple and easy.

Back to work tomorrow. Hopefully a quick 3 day work week.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Yay I see quebec strawberries on sale starting next week at maxi and cie for 2,88$ a basket !!!!I am happy with that!!!! Yep checked the new flyers too on reebee,I like the fact that they are posted super earlier.Just need to check tomorrow GT and Wm.
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Jun 14th, 2022 at 04:53 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon everyone!!! Sunny and not to hot,23 degres,tomorrow it will be 27 degres.My sleep is so bad lately because of the stress of the inspection this week..... A bit overwelmed.
    -But managed to accomplish the decluttering of the 2 kitchen tables,a lot of expired coupons unfortunnatly and papers too and some junk things.
    -Cleaned all the floor of the bathroom and cleaning the toilet.
    Now I need to redo the kitchen and do a vaccum,
    And decluter a living room desk and that will be enough I think

Have a good evening and night.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Did a quick a review of our budget and it’s looking good. CC is totally paid (including the new air purifier) which by the way I LOVE! It was delivered on Friday after work and I have noticed a HUGE decrease in dust which is the main reason we got one. Cost a pretty penny but so worth it in my opinion.

Busy work week ahead again (nothing new) so todays the last day to catch up on laundry and basic housework until Sunday/Monday.

Also grabbed a few plants for the garden as I had some open areas that I was waiting to fill when the weather wasn’t so cold and wet. Picked up some dill, an adorable tomato plant called heartbreaker’s (they are shaped like hearts, also 2 dahlia’s, a pollinators (little purple flowers but I can’t recall the name) and some radish seeds from West Coast Seeds since the other brand I had were awful and didn’t produce much.

Gardening isn’t cheap (not necessarily cheaper than purchasing some veggies since I get them from established plants) but it’s more about the peaceful time in the garden for me.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Garden pics

Name:  7206A6A2-08C4-41F6-84A5-008B900E86F8.jpeg
Views: 116
Size:  122.8 KB

Name:  4CD0CA85-2676-4D65-8239-C0A37E552AF5.jpeg
Views: 119
Size:  62.4 KB

Name:  0DAD6649-C06F-4632-B799-499B7D0F8FA1.jpeg
Views: 135
Size:  104.4 KB
    Last edited by harbie; Tue, Jun 14th, 2022 at 07:14 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Harbie -true gardening isnt cheap we bought a small shrub this yr $25.00,my son gave me a pollinator purple flowers as it wasnt doing good in the shade at his house (well its in the full sun and blooming great at my place) a bunny ate my cali lily out front .Harbie love your pictures !

Lizzie i have had a health problem for almost a month now and i am starting to feel better now (today i took cara for a scooter walk around the block and in her battery barbie car also -which she doesnt know how to reverse and turn around) (age 4) -i havent done a big grocery shop ,just smaller ones here and there.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@coupon girl gardening is $$$$ but the stress reduction……priceless

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I finically finished digging out the weeds from the vegetable gardens on Sunday evening. I spent 6-7hrs digging the weeds out again on the weekends. If felt good to finally reach that point.

The soil in my garden dried up just enough throughout the day to allow us to plant after work today. We planted tomato plants…although the cherry tomato plants grew tall and spindly so I’m not certain they’ll all survive. I planted them very deep to try to help them grow more roots and hopefully handle the transition to the garden. I planted radishes between each tomato plant…A long row of carrots in front of the tomato plants…a bit of romaine lettuce at the one end of the long tomato row. We planted 5 medium sized rows of peas. Also planted some red skinned potatoes. I forgot to buy a package of yellow string beans…I love to eat a few of those raw from the garden. Just a small area left to plant a handful of yellow string beans, Swiss chard, lettuce, carrots. No big vining plants this year. The few raspberry canes are showing healthy signs of developing buds. The chives, Chinese chives, and red rhubarb are all looking great!
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

A teacher is out sick this week, so I’m in for her for 5 consecutive days. It’s a local school, so it’s nice to not have a large fuel bill this week. I’ll receive a temporary pay increase on Thursday and Friday because I’m in for the same teacher for these consecutive days.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

It is wednesday so dont forget to save 4 pc offers if you dont plan using them today...just blah offers for me...
    Skippy, Giseledta, harbie and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Couche tard wins you can plays with circle k too each day,) Its called roche papier ciseau game (rock paper scissor) with a cellphone.
    So far I won energitic beverages,,,I dont like those....beers....I dont like those too... and the good ones,A Kitkat,bag of chip,a coca cola bottle. and a coffee..will redeem those if I have time.

( I find this game is a hit or miss depend of the time of the day you plays)
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Check yours emails for sample source I had a vip offer for glade plug in but i dont use those so I am not interested,.I think they are sending the system with the plug not an fpc....
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Jun 15th, 2022 at 05:45 AM.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information