User Tag List

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1908Likes

Thread: June 2022 Frugal Chat ;Summer is here!!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Office day for me so will get lots done. Also have a zoom meeting later this afternoon to finish up the day.

Left the house with a clean kitchen. Need to remind people to put dirty dishes in the dishwasher. I usually hand wash when home but use the dishwasher once a week usually. The fridge needs a good clean out tonight. Will do that while making dinner.

Will put away the clean laundry tonight. The hanging stuff will be dry and I have a basket of folded towels and undies/socks to put away. Laundry is all caught up so I will put a load in on Thursday to keep up on it.

Have a wonderful day!
    harbie, lilo0003, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Independent (I think Loblaws too) has member price of $12.99 for the Club pack of TP. This is a pretty good price since the price of paper products (everything) keeps going up. I think I need to be smart and redeem my points for a few. Then I don't have to worry about it for a long time.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    @Angela273, from what you are explaining it almost sounds like maybe Staples used a promo offer on your computer to load your old files and it has now expired.
    Microsoft has changed to a per month or per year charge vs buying the programs outright. There are cases where you can buy the program outright but not sure on the details (our IT guy was discussing it with me as we moved to O365 earlier this year but I do not remember all of the details as it is a him thing, not a me thing so my final outcome was if something happens to email him LOL).
    Do you know if you purchased Microsoft Office for your new computer?
    I bought the program outright when I bought this computer system in 2016. Staples copied all of my files and installed the operating system for me.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Sorry did not realize the computer was from 2016.

When you open word do you see yourself logged in, in the top right hand corner. When I open Word I see my name and if I hover over it, it shows my email address and tells me I am logged in.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I bought the program outright when I bought this computer system in 2016. Staples copied all of my files and installed the operating system for me.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thank you everyone for the well wishes.

I broke down and asked the guys at work for help. I hate asking for help, I always feel like I should be able to "fix it" myself but I could not fight with the manufacture or big box store anymore. I just need a functional AC unit. They are going to help me build a box that lift the AC unit 2 feet which will allow me to connect the pipe.

I just do not have the tools that are needed to build it myself. Although when I was younger I was quite good with power tools but it has been years since I used power saw or nail gun. Mom was going to ask a friend's husband to cut the wood for us and then she was going to try to build it just using a hammer but I want to get the AC hooked up sooner rather than later and with her health, I just do not think it is a good idea.

Yesterday her hip was so bad she could barely walk on it. I am trying to get her to go to the doctor but she is getting frustrated, we know she has arthritis and we know it is spreading within her body but all he does is keep sending her to x-rays and gives her anti-inflammatories. The anti-inflammatories are not enough, she is no in so much pain she does not sleep at night because the pain just constantly wakes her up.

Happy Tuesday Everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Sorry did not realize the computer was from 2016.
    When you open word do you see yourself logged in, in the top right hand corner. When I open Word I see my name and if I hover over it, it shows my email address and tells me I am logged in.
    @SassyAshley I sent you an email about it.
    barbis9, lilo0003, cath007 and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon -sooo hot .I popped over to sobeys this morning saved$6.50 in cpns and $1.96 on checkout51.I got
    ontario strawberries for 3.77 i bought 2 -sooo yummy
    (4) chapmans ice cream 2.99 plus 10 airmiles when you buy 2 =20 airmiles for me -this is the cheapest i have seen it in awhile
    broccoli crowns 1.21
    4 slices of watermelon 2.36
    nutri -grain bars 2.49-.50 cpn=1.99
    (didnt buy pears too much) plus bread and a few various other items on sale

spent $92.00

In dollarama they have snuggle fabric softner 4.00 got 2 as grocery stores dont seem to have it on sale lately
    also a bucket hat for me $3.50 plus lays chips 3.00 family size .

Also popped into indigo got 3 lovely scratch coiled books for the grandkids for birthdays or xmas buy 2 get 1 free reg 8.00 ,i paid $5.30 each .
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon!!!
    I tasted with life project costco caramel cheese popcorn..it is good!!!
    Tomorrow we will have in the morning smooties ..Yes!!! I love smooties!!!!
    I won a bai juice with couche tard game...I waiting to have more prices before redeeming.
    English teacher gave us a site called'' tubi'' just google it to find the site to listen some english on internet or app ..it is 100% free!!!; they have series and movies not all new but they will do the job..I have already an eye on many things I want to watch when I will have the time!!!

Dinner will be hots dogs and onions rings easy peasy!!!! and cheap
    Have a good evening and night
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Jun 21st, 2022 at 04:36 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@coupongirl : wow cheap price for ice cream!! Good for you even without coupon.In QC the cheapest price I have seen is 3,99$ so you got a steal of a deal..considering in QC the reg price of this ice cream bucket is 7$ wow

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SA-sorry to hear about your Mum-would following an anti inflammatory diet help her perhaps. I think it is the Mayo clinic website that lists treatments for arthritis sort of in the order of the most helpful-check there.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Tue, Jun 21st, 2022 at 06:48 PM.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Dont forget to save 4 pc offers today!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

QOTD: What do you buy at Costco that it is cheaper in price???...I may want to go with my auntie who is a member this summer when I will be on hollidays.Thanks for amy advices.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath-i go to costco the odd time with my son and vitamins or pills are cheaper ,i have to take tylenol extra strength so i will ask him when he goes to buy me some ,milk and bread are cheaper .Do watch the 3 pack of things like cereal as you can get it cheaper on sale or with our cpns elsewhere.

Their clothing i gave up on no size xl rarely for me ,so i would rather shop thrift like i did last week.

Oh and their hot cooked chickens are cheaper.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    QOTD: What do you buy at Costco that it is cheaper in price???...I may want to go with my auntie who is a member this summer when I will be on hollidays.Thanks for amy advices.
    I watch the flyer for items on sale (usually a few bucks off) I love their socks and undies and yoga pants/capris. Linens, pillows. I am not a big spender at Costco like most people but I still find it worth it.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning and Happy Wednesday!

Work at home day. Getting stuff done on my breaks. Have a list.

Picked up our new BBQ last night. DS and his friend put it together. I can't believe I paid that much for it but it is good quality (Weber) and will last a long time. We will make sure to clean it out often to keep it in good condition.

Enjoying my coffee this morning. I know I'm going to drink too much (the issue I have when I make at home when working from home )

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information