User Tag List

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree3297Likes

Thread: July 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about fresh products and gardening!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

June total savings $264.47
    Coupons - $81.97
    10% off Tuesday @ Sobeys - $17.44
    PC Optimum - No Frills - $20
    Air Miles - $60
    Amazon gc - Swagbucks - $5
    CO51 - $20.27
    Stuff Sold - $15
    SCOP - $4
    Tim痴 Rewards - $2.86
    Canadian Tire Money - $37.63
    Money found - $0.30
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you壇 like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@cath007 Appliance delivery is just as much fun as takeout delivery-anticipation is great during the wait, then there are snags during delivery. It's marvelous that you don't have to worry about the old stove anymore. Someone is likely going to get the scrap for $20, because that's we get told if we want an old appliance taken away, the fee is $20. Very hard to get removal of old furnishings (mattresses may be an exception) or appliances for free during COVID-19--actually, there are appliance stores that still won't enter homes to deliver appliances. They want an outside spot near your door for placing your new appliance on the ground. Customer has to figure out the rest-getting appliance into homes then getting connections done.

About online shopping-you have to figure out why you are doing it: convenience of getting delivery to your door or hoping to buy groceries that might not be sold at your store location (i.e. fruit box for 4-which comes from warehouse not a store, sandwich bundle to have basics for sandwich and veggie sticks if you don't usually buy cold cuts for sandwiches). I had used Longo's online service before-not having a credit card, I used my debit card and once a high value prepaid Visa card. I can tell you that Longos will put a hold of 105% value of the order on my debit card, and then run the actual charge on my card on delivery day a few days later. When they did that on the prepaid Visa card and I got contacted about teh card not working for payment, I had to explain a couple of times that a hold and charge at the same time would run my Visa totals past the amount on the card so of course, payment's declined. Not everyone at the grocery service is aware of billing issues or wrong prices charged for seasonal meal kits--when I had billing issue for the meal kit, I did not appreciate how long it took to get my credit (actually a store credit, not $ back on my card despite being told that would happen) returned to my account. Some grocery item prices are higher online than in store--how else is the service going to pay for IT, maintenance, etc.? I did not permit substitutions on my order as I knew which brands or flavours I wanted-it would be chance that stock of anything requested would be available by time that my order was picked at the warehouse.

Oh, and I cannot seemingly cancel either grocery account online without the service's assistance, so I left my old debit card/Visa prepaid digits in the accounts (there is no way to remove them entirely because then error messages pop up how I cannot save my account without a card number, etc.).

There were times I would have loved to do a pickup by cart at my Longo's store for an online order. Except their protocol is to have customers park cars in assigned parking spots and call the customer service desk for orders by cellphone. I don't drive and did not have a cellphone number so I could not figure out how to do a pickup. Therefore, I had to accept the delivery fee as cost of getting access to certain things not available in-store or because it was easier for me to get heavier items delivered! Also, there was a bag (eco) fee charge-$1 for up to 10 bags. There had been a promotion where in one order, bags had been no charge.

When I still had a PC Optimum number during 2021, Fortinos (part of the Loblaws grocery family), used to send me 20000 bonus points offers if I'd set up an INstacart account and buy groceries online. Nope. I even got codes that would have provided no fee delivery or pickups if I spent $XX dollars on orders in the first month. I just could not get excited about creating yet another account for online groceries so I was never tempted to try an online order with Fortinos.

I've also used Voila by Sobeys (which also carries some items from Well.ca, Farmboy's store line of products and one other store brand) a couple of times. Their service only charges your debit or credit card on delivery day for the exact amount of the order. There is no hold placed on the card prior to order fulfillment and delivery. At that time, the first few bags for an order were free as service had recently expanded to my area but there was or could now be a bag charge.

I understand that any meat or produce items that need weighing could affect the final order total on your invoice. An estimated price appears online when you order but a more precise value for the meat/produce will be given on the invoice on delivery day. I usually chose prepackaged produce with a set price in order to be certain what fruit might cost m in that order.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Angela273 The contract sounds like an opportunity for you! There are logistical matters attached to the job.

You get final say on whether this opportunity is a go-ahead or sorry, pass. May I recommend that you reach out to your church community to see who might know someone in the town or even attend a church service in the new place to ask clergy/parishioners for leads on someone with rooms to spare (ideally above ground)? Perhaps there's a Facebook type marketplace where town locals post in a larger community about rentals. Not sure if Kijiji could help.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning!!! Happy Sunday!!!
    Kind of a relaxing sunday morning,I am watching design show like Sarah Richardson and Island of Bryan(Bryan Baulmier) on casa the equivalent of HGTV but in french translated.I feel I just need to relax and take some me time,!!! Those are the kind of tv show I watched the week end when I was young at my house so that is super fun.Will get productive this afternoon after by install the new stove, and do a cleaning of the fridge freezer and small fridge.

Have a awesome Sunday!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Ciel21 : Thanks for all the input in the tips for pc express.Very appreciated !!! 20 000 pc points maybe but I am thinking after the delivering fees,maybe no pm and others situations..maybe my points will be eaten by those facts,so not so much worthed.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/446364...2022-a-canada/
    for those who use mcdonals coffee cards you should read that thread.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Sunday! Beautiful sunny day!

Dropped DS off at work and picked up a Mcdonald's Coffee. Enjoying the stickers while I can.

So I guess I will get some things done around the house before I have a shower and get dressed for the day. I am thinking the beach later

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Today is a day of work around the house and groceries. We just ran out of milk. I spent yesterday driving to my father in law so he could go visit my MIL. Then on my way home I stopped to visit my BFF. We went to Fortinos for their salad and a pizza then sat on her deck and ate, much nicer than a restaurant and far less money. I did pick up some Ontario strawberries while I was there so I won稚 have to make a special trip today. It痴 a lovely day here, so far not too warm so the yard work is happening 1st, right after coffee
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon everyone!!! Its is a beautiful summer day sunny and 24 degres.So...I enjoy it on the balcony with a casal domingo and by watching a movie Angry Anger with Jack Nicholson and Adam Sandler so funny.
    Took a nap too.
    Lets face it it is one of these day my brain need to be at off and do nothing...So the cleaning of fridge,freezer and small fridge will wait tomorrow.
    I need help of father and he is currently sleeping after his 1 night work shift.I dont want to push him
    Watching designs shows was fun this morning,remind me of the old time haha!!!
    I might go to metro today or tomorrow they have a deal of Monsieur Gustav cheese B1G1 and I have 2$ coupon advertissed at 6,49$ so if the expiry date is long it will be cheap cheese.We quite like this cheese,and cheese is expensive so why not...I am now just stocking on the things I know they will get eatten by the bb date.And with our habit.

Have a beautifull evening and night!!!
    Dinner : I purchased yesterday chicken veggies skewers and a salad.

EDIT; So pissed M騁ro refuted my coupons the manager said to me our store is the offer and the coupon said you cannot combine with another offer so we refuse them..wow so rude...if we see this way of thinking we cannot use any at all coupons with a rebate..so stupid...coupon is mean to saving..not being a frustration.I bought the cheese but kind of a less better deal(lost kind of 10$ ..bought 10 cheeses so 5 coupons) disclaimer expiry date are bb oct31..so yes for july to october we eat this amount it is only 2 cheese per week.I did not clear the cheese too) thanks
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Jul 3rd, 2022 at 05:28 PM.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hi got home today at 2.00 p.m ,so tired hubby and i are .
    We went to a farmers market 10 minute walk from my daughter's place in toronto the strawberries were 2/12.00 6.00 each but oh the taste soooo yummy like they were picked that morning ,so well worth it in my book.

I gave a tip for sebastian's face painting in the park by a professional he had a lovely blue butterfly around his eyes.

I took sebastian to a local toy store to pick out a toy,he picked a dino stem toy with volcano and greenery grows around it ,so i helped him put this craft together .

Daughter made her lovely pizza and we had vanilla cake after .She let me look thru her closet and said ask me if anything appeals to you mom ,so i liked this tank dress so she let me have it .

So glad to be home thou,as i am a bit tired .
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Grabbed 2 more packs of the ready made burger patties at Food Basics. Organized the upright freezer to add them. We have a good stock up.
    I will grab more the next few days when I am driving by. Just need BLSL chicken and then our freezer is well stocked.

I made a burger on the bbq for my lunch. Cooked up all 4 so 3 are in the fridge for leftovers.
    Not too hungry for dinner so made a salad and perogies.

I need to check the freezer but I think we are out of regular fries (lots of sweet potato!) So will get some this week (Mccain $1.99 Walmart)
    Nice treat in the air fryer.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sun, Jul 3rd, 2022 at 05:29 PM.
    harbie, JadeAngel, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I made arrangements to drive to the school and Tuesday and spend most of the day in the town. The principal will meet me in the morning. If I知 lucky, I値l be able to view potential rental suites. I知 making a list of questions to ask the principal. I知 also making a list of resources to look for or bring back with me. I知 trying to be organized about it and make the best use of my time. I don稚 plan on going back until a day or two before I知 required to start attending back to school meetings. .
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 6 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you壇 like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It痴 been over 11yrs since I致e lived alone and had to cook for only myself. I知 trying to figure out what I知 the world I'm going to cook and eat while I知 away for work during the week. Any suggestions? I知 also making lists of what I値l pack and which items I need to buy duplicates of. I don稚 plan on baking while I知 gone. I値l bake at home and make extras to take with me for the week.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

To make things easier, how about cooking the same things you would with your family and simply freezing an extra portion of every meal to take back to your single residence? That way, a meal plan can serve dual purposes.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Today did not go as planned but hey that is life.

Ingredient prep was slow this morning, I woke up with jaw and ear hurting and my whole face felt a little swollen, thank you sinuses. I was also getting a little light headed, hoping to head this off before it becomes a full blown infection, taking my vitamins and grabbed some over the counter meds.

Cleaned out the fridge, seeing what needs to be used up. There were a few leftover carrot sticks that I tossed, I have some peppers I need to use up, some celery that needed to be prepped for storage and some Broccoli that needed to be cooked. So I cut up the broccoli and put it in the Instant Pot, I will use the peppers in a salad, and the celery is washed, cut and wrapped in the fridge.

Mom mentioned needing to go to the Store tomorrow, although she is feeling better, still a little hesitant about her going alone so I offered to go today. I ended up running to No Frills and got:
    1 x Naturally Imperfect Mushrooms $4 + 100 pts/$
    3 x Zucchini $1.49/lb
    1 x Green Onions $0.77 (PM Wal-Mart)
    2 x Romaine Hearts 3-pack $2.99
    1 x Snow Peas $3.98 - 50% off sticker
    1 x Potatoes 10 lbs $2.88
    1 x Milk 4L $5.29
    3 x No Name Vinegar 4L $1.99 + 100 pts/$
    8 x Tuna $0.96 WUB3
    2 x Molasses $3.29
    2 x Crisco 3lb tub $4.96
    1 x Dawn Dish Soap $1.88

I was surprised to see the Crisco tubs, the sign says I save $6/tub and they are good until sometime in 2023. The vinegar is for Mom's Homemade weed killer as well as the dawn dish soap. We are again full stocked on produced, I grabbed the Zucchini for a little variety plus there is an Instant Pot dish we like that needs Zucchini. I always feel better when we are fully stocked on produce, I just feel like we have all options for cooking.

I might run into Superstore later in the week for Apples, Cucumbers, Strawberries and maybe more Mushrooms but we shall see.

I never did write a meal plan, maybe tomorrow.

Happy Sunday Everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information